We Are All Gonna' Die

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
UNFORTUNATELY, I had to remove this post because another site is accusing me of plagiarizing myself. Boy it is tough with everybody getting paranoid about posting on the Internet Now-a-days.

Last edited:
Hope it isn't this week or next week. I've got lots of things planned.

It becomes a bit more real when one begins to fall apart. I turned 77 in September. I've always been in outstanding health and physical condition. I continued to lift weights until I was in my late 50's and was running five miles three times a week all the way up to my 70th b'day and beyond. Beginning last February I had a growth removed from my left eye, had two abscessed teeth, two root canals, one extraction, had a problem in my digestive system and went for an ultrasound, endoscopy and colonoscopy, they discovered ulcers in my esophagus and stomach, began treatment for that, etc. I had been procrastinating doing hernia repair in one place in my abdomen and it became much worse. Upon examination they discovered two smaller ones. The surgeon says he can do the smaller ones laparoscopically but a larger incision will be necessary for the inguinal hernia. When they scheduled the surgery and were doing pre testing they discovered an irregular heart rhythm and delayed surgery till I was examined by a cardiologist. He discovered that I have atrial fibrillation and says I should go on a blood thinner after the surgery he went ahead and approved. I'm scheduled to have the hernia repair the day after tomorrow, Thursday the 26th but I already know that as long as I have the ulcers they will not put me on a blood thinner. I just kept quiet so they will go ahead and get the surgery out of the way and then I'll deal with the alternatives.

Like I said...I never dwelled on actually dying until I began to fall apart. Now it's much more real to me. I've checked our will, living wills, powers of attorney etc. that were done by a lawyer, friend of ours at least ten years ago...to see what they really say.

The good news is....in 1934 when I was born the average life expectency of a white male in the United States was 61 years. I've already screwed the system out of 16 years.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back