We Are All Cherokees Now

If Ms. Warren says she is Cherokee, she is likely related in some way to the tribe. When we adopt children, some states change names on birth certificates. It's not that clear about how Indian tribes broght in individuals at festival times when they interacted socially with many tribes for one reason or another. These affairs would likely expose tribal members of one tribe intermarrying with someone in another tribe with different DNA markers. We don't know a lot of details of things that were never written down, and forgotten by the passage of a couple of generations or more. It's complicated. I'm leaving it at that.

Your desperation is duly noted. Some elementary research on your part might help you to not make a fool of yourself in your next post.

The Cherokee Nation has denied that Sen. Elizabeth Warren is in any way, a Native American. She has lied and taken advantage of that lie to the detriment of authentic Native Americans.

DplVEWfUcAMFAc7.jpg:large
You're confusing desperation with a person who loves people and hates to see someone on either side of the aisle needlessly tormented. I really don't know which side of the aisle Ms. Warren comes from. I have no tv, no radio, do not take the newspaper due to its bias, and I do not care to have my taxes raised as I am a widow for 2 years. I agree with what you posted about the Cherokee Nation, however. Try to have a lovely day after barfing up all your bilge on quite peaceful me. lolol
Ms. Warren comes from that side of the aisle that would strip you of your hard-earned livelihood in order to subsidize any number of "special" groups deemed more likely to support her continued striving to enhance her wealth, notoriety, and power. She's lied throughout her adult life, pretending to be a member of a select group that has been singled out by government fiat as somehow worthy of special consideration when the goodies are handed out. She's a liar and a fake. She deserves NOTHING other than a quick dismissal for fraud.
Thank you, gallantwarrior. I'll google Ms. Warren right away to see what it was she did that was awful to cause so many to despise her politically. I've been away from politics so long due to taking care of my husband's battle with dementia, and then mourning his death. Maybe I'm back too soon, but not too soon to pray for a nation that is so divided and people who are quick to ridicule and condemn rather than to look on the heart.

If Ms. Warren says she is Cherokee, she is likely related in some way to the tribe. When we adopt children, some states change names on birth certificates. It's not that clear about how Indian tribes broght in individuals at festival times when they interacted socially with many tribes for one reason or another. These affairs would likely expose tribal members of one tribe intermarrying with someone in another tribe with different DNA markers. We don't know a lot of details of things that were never written down, and forgotten by the passage of a couple of generations or more. It's complicated. I'm leaving it at that.

Your desperation is duly noted. Some elementary research on your part might help you to not make a fool of yourself in your next post.

The Cherokee Nation has denied that Sen. Elizabeth Warren is in any way, a Native American. She has lied and taken advantage of that lie to the detriment of authentic Native Americans.

You're confusing desperation with a person who loves people and hates to see someone on either side of the aisle needlessly tormented. I really don't know which side of the aisle Ms. Warren comes from. I have no tv, no radio, do not take the newspaper due to its bias, and I do not care to have my taxes raised as I am a widow for 2 years. I agree with what you posted about the Cherokee Nation, however. Try to have a lovely day after barfing up all your bilge on quite peaceful me. lolol
Ms. Warren comes from that side of the aisle that would strip you of your hard-earned livelihood in order to subsidize any number of "special" groups deemed more likely to support her continued striving to enhance her wealth, notoriety, and power. She's lied throughout her adult life, pretending to be a member of a select group that has been singled out by government fiat as somehow worthy of special consideration when the goodies are handed out. She's a liar and a fake. She deserves NOTHING other than a quick dismissal for fraud.
Thank you, gallantwarrior. I'll google Ms. Warren right away to see what it was she did that was awful to cause so many to despise her politically. I've been away from politics so long due to taking care of my husband's battle with dementia, and then mourning his death. Maybe I'm back too soon, but not too soon to pray for a nation that is so divided and people who are quick to ridicule and condemn rather than to look on the heart.
Understood, beautress. She's taken advantage of programs intended to benefit people who have been in need of some advantage due to institutional and social disadvantage. She has lied, claiming to be of Native American heritage in order to secure coveted seats at universities and for employment. It is tragically sad, her lies cost someone of true NA heritage opportunities.

Understood, beautress. She's taken advantage of programs intended to benefit people who have been in need of some advantage due to institutional and social disadvantage. She has lied, claiming to be of Native American heritage in order to secure coveted seats at universities and for employment. It is tragically sad, her lies cost someone of true NA heritage opportunities.
Well, I found her bio, and she said of herself something my parents told me, that we had Indian ancestry on my father's side of the family, but they withheld it from us all because when I was growing up, one of my favorite actors, Gabby Hayes, said something like "the only good Injun is a dead Injun" in some western that was popular at the time, and I parroted it to my grandma, only to receive a resounding disciplinary chew about being gracious to Indians, she knowing about her son-in-law's (my dad's) ancestry. What Ms. Warren described of her parents telling her was exactly and almost word for word what my parents told me once they realized I would not be intimidated by other children at school who might have agreed with then-Hollywood's negative attitudes toward people of Indian ancestry. All the biography mentioned is that she's got a lot of time getting her law degree and became so accomplished she was asked to teach at Harvard University. I'm sorry if she has ever supported someone like Maxine Watters who wants to punish people of a different perspective than herself, but I will have to keep reading to see what she did other than claim what her parents told her about her ancestry. That's what families did back when she was young, with the hopes their children would not parrot something stupid like I did at the ripe old age of four years old, when my Dad was in Korea, and mama took us kids back home to my grandparents' home so she could work and support us while he was spending time defending the country's interests and the freedom of the South Korean people from a communist group that had a stranglehold on North Korea to declare a civil war on people who just wanted to be free people.

I'm sorry for the angst between right and left these days. I grew up in a household where one's party was accepted socially, and people didn't swear at people of another political perspective and even valued friendships with people of different perspectives. It's probably changed on account of tax hikes that have been made since Congress decided in 1914 to levy income taxes against the working class. It didn't seem to get too critical until around the 1960s, when we weren't married to a world war situation any more. I think I will pray about this problem of a pendulum swing in politics that is a little out of control right now, but it will take a lot more people than just me to correct this problem we've come to expect since the internet became so very popular to people old enough to vote and have their voices heard. I'm putting my money on that Mrs. Warren is being forthright about her ancestry details, at least, to the best of her love and belief for her parents' word.

Last edited:

Well, I found her bio, and she said of herself something my parents told me, that we had Indian ancestry on my father's side of the family, but they withheld it from us all because when I was growing up, one of my favorite actors, Gabby Hayes, said something like "the only good Injun is a dead Injun" in some western that was popular at the time, and I parroted it to my grandma, only to receive a resounding disciplinary chew about being gracious to Indians, she knowing about her son-in-law's (my dad's) ancestry. What Ms. Warren described of her parents telling her was exactly and almost word for word what my parents told me once they realized I would not be intimidated by other children at school who might have agreed with then-Hollywood's negative attitudes toward people of Indian ancestry. All the biography mentioned is that she's got a lot of time getting her law degree and became so accomplished she was asked to teach at Harvard University. I'm sorry if she has ever supported someone like Maxine Watters who wants to punish people of a different perspective than herself, but I will have to keep reading to see what she did other than claim what her parents told her about her ancestry. That's what families did back when she was young, with the hopes their children would not parrot something stupid like I did at the ripe old age of four years old, when my Dad was in Korea, and mama took us kids back home to my grandparents' home so she could work and support us while he was spending time defending the country's interests and the freedom of the South Korean people from a communist group that had a stranglehold on North Korea to declare a civil war on people who just wanted to be free people.

I'm sorry for the angst between right and left these days. I grew up in a household where one's party was accepted socially, and people didn't swear at people of another political perspective and even valued friendships with people of different perspectives. It's probably changed on account of tax hikes that have been made since Congress decided in 1914 to levy income taxes against the working class. It didn't seem to get too critical until around the 1960s, when we weren't married to a world war situation any more. I think I will pray about this problem of a pendulum swing in politics that is a little out of control right now, but it will take a lot more people than just me to correct this problem we've come to expect since the internet became so very popular to people old enough to vote and have their voices heard.
I will agree that times were different when she was young and her parents might have told her something they believed true based on family legend. But wouldn't you agree that many things were different years ago, such as how men and women believed certain things were acceptable that are not today? I'm so sick and tired of the constant double standard applied, depending on the PC interpretation or the advantage to be achieved by unequal and disingenuous application of "then" vs "now" social standards.
No, rape and/or sexual exploitation is never acceptable, as it has been in the past. But lying about your heritage in order to gain some arbitrary advantage is also never acceptable, as in the past. Best would be for Warren to step up and apologize for her (unintentional) transgressions against Native Americans, specifically, the Cherokee Nation.

Well, I re-read what the Cherokee nation thinks of Senator Warren, (which I misunderstood earlier) and some tribes had individuals who married into other races, and it was accepted at the time. However, when it comes time to split assets from an Indian like my grandfather who was called "The Richest Indian Who Ever Lived," when I made inquiries a few years ago about my great grandfather (not looking for a handout, btw), the people I talked to did not accept my ancestor's white wives, and all who lived under his roof at the time of his death were tribal ladies. They thought very poorly of white wives to the Indian who was husband to several other women who in his tribe, turned to him for support which he cheerfully accepted since he struck oil and was considered to be chief until the tribe was sent to Fort Sill. I got myself hung up on, because I really wanted to know. They did admit to one wife they refused to speak her name to me. lol. I'm glad I never made a lot out of my heritage, and I pity what Ms. Warren is going through with and what they're making of it to the rest of the world as a political weapon. My aunt is a dead ringer for my great grandfather's white mother, who was abducted at age 9 when a tribe of Indians killed her family. Nobody cared until her son became a chief and went to war with the white world that resulted in white people going to the tribe and taking my great-grandmother back home to my native state. She died shortly after of a broken heart of being stolen away from her Indian husband. Her son remained loyal to his tribe, because they were his people, and all he knew.

I know what Elizabeth Warren is going through. I'm her polar opposite politically, but she's being hated from all sides for being who she is. I will not participate in the scalping she is getting from remaining true to her tribe, even though they have disinherited her. They've disinherited others to keeping their race as pure as they can. It's not fair to people in the middle. We have many of their traits, a strong will to survive, and many traits from our European ancestries. Nature blessed me with the best of everything, not to mention having been married to the best man in the whole world for 44 years when I am so plain looking in contrast to his debonair looks and manners. *sigh*

Hope Ms. Warren survives the disinheritance from both her Indian family and her extended American side who is mad she would benefit from her heritage her Indian family denies her. I truly hate injustice, and I smell it that she may have been very unfairly treated. It was water off a duck's back for me, but then, I wasn't a Senator, and I never applied my split race for a college degree grant because my white mother insisted I be a stay-at-home mother to my own children just as she was.

I support Ms. Warren's claim to both cultures. Parents don't lie about stuff like that to their children. imho.

Last edited:

Well, I re-read what the Cherokee nation thinks of Senator Warren, (which I misunderstood earlier) and some tribes had individuals who married into other races, and it was accepted at the time. However, when it comes time to split assets from an Indian like my grandfather who was called "The Richest Indian Who Ever Lived," when I made inquiries a few years ago about my great grandfather (not looking for a handout, btw), the people I talked to did not accept my ancestor's white wives, and all who lived under his roof at the time of his death were tribal ladies. They thought very poorly of white wives to the Indian who was husband to several other women who in his tribe, turned to him for support which he cheerfully accepted since he struck oil and was considered to be chief until the tribe was sent to Fort Sill. I got myself hung up on, because I really wanted to know. They did admit to one wife they refused to speak her name to me. lol. I'm glad I never made a lot out of my heritage, and I pity what Ms. Warren is going through with and what they're making of it to the rest of the world as a political weapon. My aunt is a dead ringer for my great grandfather's white mother, who was abducted at age 9 when a tribe of Indians killed her family. Nobody cared until her son became a chief and went to war with the white world that resulted in white people going to the tribe and taking my great-grandmother back home to my native state. She died shortly after of a broken heart of being stolen away from her Indian husband. Her son remained loyal to his tribe, because they were his people, and all he knew.

I know what Elizabeth Warren is going through. I'm her polar opposite politically, but she's being hated from all sides for being who she is. I will not participate in the scalping she is getting from remaining true to her tribe, even though they have disinherited her. They've disinherited others to keeping their race as pure as they can. It's not fair to people in the middle. We have many of their traits, a strong will to survive, and many traits from our European ancestries. Nature blessed me with the best of everything, not to mention having been married to the best man in the whole world for 44 years when I am so plain looking in contrast to his debonair looks and manners. *sigh*

Hope Ms. Warren survives the disinheritance from both her Indian family and her extended American side who is mad she would benefit from her heritage her Indian family denies her. I truly hate injustice, and I smell it that she may have been very unfairly treated. It was water off a duck's back for me, but then, I wasn't a Senator, and I never applied my split race for a college degree grant because my white mother insisted I be a stay-at-home mother to my own children just as she was.

I support Ms. Warren's claim to both cultures. Parents don't lie about stuff like that to their children. imho.

To err on the side of Mercy and reason is something I always commend. I'm not sure this person deserves your mercy but that is not for me to decide.

Conveniently Elizabeth Warren's parents are no longer around to ask. However I do Believe that the accusation of lying is not directed at them.... Instead it is directed at her.

So while we know she probably fails the DNA connection the Cherokee nation smartly interjected that their determinations are not made solely on that basis. However it appears that Ms. Warren also fails the social test. As there is no indication that anyone in her family even six to ten generations back
Had any significant interaction with American Indian people.

Remember it's the Indian nation that is making this objection to her.

Jo

"I have a dream that my two little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the content of their character, but by the content of their DNA. -- Fauxcahontus.
Even better, by their "feelings" about what they'd like to be. It's not your DNA, it's how you "identify". Hell, I identify as a Triple Crown winner...
We Don't Need No Netiquette Nannies, We Don't Need No Thought Control

I identify as a Moderator, so I'm going to ban anyone who disagrees with my posts. I better see more Winner ratings from you, boy!

"I have a dream that my two little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the content of their character, but by the content of their DNA. -- Fauxcahontus.
Even better, by their "feelings" about what they'd like to be. It's not your DNA, it's how you "identify". Hell, I identify as a Triple Crown winner...

Try identifying as Warren Buffet.
Who knows.... It might work!

Jo
Survival of the Fatherest

If his Daddy hadn't been a US Congressman, little Warren wouldn't have had the confidence and sense of superiority to the lowly masses to become anything.

She may have just blown her chance at winning the D nomination, with this dumb stunt.

A friend of mine from New York City says that the word is in the political circles down there that Schumer would like to behead her for not waiting until after the November elections.
I think scalping her would be far more appropriate.
No One Follows the Trail of Tears From Frontier Families

Half-breeds were produced mainly when the savages scalped the fathers of White children, then passed the kidnapped girls around as soon as they came of age. For the few times Hollywood has mentioned true history in the dialogue, listen to John Wayne's politically incorrect The Searchers.

She may have just blown her chance at winning the D nomination, with this dumb stunt.

A friend of mine from New York City says that the word is in the political circles down there that Schumer would like to behead her for not waiting until after the November elections.
I think scalping her would be far more appropriate.
No One Follows the Trail of Tears From Frontier Families

Half-breeds were produced mainly when the savages scalped the fathers of White children, then passed the kidnapped girls around as soon as they came of age. For the few times Hollywood has mentioned true history in the dialogue, listen to John Wayne's politically incorrect The Searchers.

Yes that's more accurate than the babble the
Lefties were trying to pass Around..... something about raping Indian women and then stealing their baby's from them.

Jo

Forum List

Back