We are a nation divided

Smartt33

Apr 7, 2009
USA
There is no question about it, our nation is divided in several ways. Politically the republicans and democrats cannot, and WILL NOT see eye-to-eye. Races are befoming more polarized. Sexual orientations are devidinv the nation. Religion is breaking the nation apart.

Sadly, there seems to be no resolution in any of these. I also have noticed that neither side in any of these is actually winning in their obcession to dominate.

It does seem that the one issue of morality is taking the greatest beating on all of these fronts.

Will we say oneday, "America WAS a great nation."

There is no question about it, our nation is divided in several ways. Politically the republicans and democrats cannot, and WILL NOT see eye-to-eye. Races are befoming more polarized. Sexual orientations are devidinv the nation. Religion is breaking the nation apart.

Sadly, there seems to be no resolution in any of these. I also have noticed that neither side in any of these is actually winning in their obcession to dominate.

It does seem that the one issue of morality is taking the greatest beating on all of these fronts.

:( I agree with you totally!!! We should say that we are the Divided States of America and bow our heads in shame, cause our government can seem to act like responsible adults and work together, and some way make us the once proud Nation, that we once were. I pray everyday, for that day to come.:eusa_pray:

America will always be a great nation.

The divisions are not new, but the times and what divides us are.

Really? Has any nation ever lasted forever? Do you think America will? Romans, Nazis, Venetians, you name it... they all assumed their nations would last forever.

They didn't.

America's on the downward slide, not the upward climb. Uncontrolled immigration is a huge factor.

Wow, hold on and back up here.

The USA is the greatest Nation on earth, There is no used to about it. And as long as we remain free we will remain the greatest nation on earth.

Yes, we are politically divided, we have been ever since the first free election ever held.

But we are not divided by religion, all Americans accept freedom of religion. or at least all true Americans do. It is Freedom from religion some seem to want.

Sexual orientations do not divide the nation but only a select few. Eventually we will come to a consensus on this gay marriage BS.

We will never have to say that we were Great.

:salute: USA :salute:

Really? Has any nation ever lasted forever? Do you think America will? Romans, Nazis, Venetians, you name it... they all assumed their nations would last forever.

They didn't.

America's on the downward slide, not the upward climb. Uncontrolled immigration is a huge factor.

No, you're right, great nation have and will fall; however, I don't see it happening any time soon for this very young nation. Also, I don't think we'll so easily lose all sight of civility as in times of old.

That downward slope is only a matter of opinion.

The USA is the greatest Nation on earth, There is no used to about it. And as long as we remain free we will remain the greatest nation on earth.

Yes, we are politically divided, we have been ever since the first free election ever held.

But we are not divided by religion, all Americans accept freedom of religion. or at least all true Americans do. It is Freedom from religion some seem to want.

Sexual orientations do not divide the nation but only a select few. Eventually we will come to a consensus on this gay marriage BS.

You've basically nailed this. Americans are united on several important issues. At the same time they allow themselves to become divided on side issues, which the courts and legislature will eventually get around to.

Bottom line, we need to find the commonalities and set aside the outliers. *gasp* mush like the framers did with slavery. Noting there WAS a huge debt to pay 100 years later. *Edit* make that more like 70 years later. ;)

Last edited:
Governmentally speaking we are the OLDEST nation on Earth.

new_map.jpg

No, you're right, great nation have and will fall; however, I don't see it happening any time soon for this very young nation. Also, I don't think we'll so easily lose all sight of civility as in times of old.

That downward slope is only a matter of opinion.

We have civility? Where exactly?

Nations never fall when people expect. Change comes quickly and often without warning.

But there is a downward slope. When Rome fell, Europe fell into the dark ages. If and when we fall, I have hope that something greater will rise out of the ashes.

We already are saying it.

When we become a people who think that they have a right to it all, and all of it right now, we lost. The self-centered, selfish people have been taught that it is perfectly acceptable to be that way. This is what happens when people never grow up.

No, you're right, great nation have and will fall; however, I don't see it happening any time soon for this very young nation

Young? We've the oldest government in the Western hemisphere.

Thanks to America succumbing to ****** economics (Keynesianism), our economy gets more unstable with every swing. We'vee sold ourselves to China and made more enemies than we can fight. We're collapsing under our own bigness, our infrastructure's in dire straights, and a growing number of member States are being pushed to declare all but open rebellion against the Fed.

What rock have you been under?

The USA is the greatest Nation on earth,
[

By what measure?
And as long as we remain free we will remain the greatest nation on earth.

Are we free? Power is ever more concentrated in ever fewer hands and Americans are growing disillusioned with the official line about the Fed giving a damn about them.

Is a true American anything like a true Scotsman? Many on the Right do not believe in freedom of religion any more than the colonists did.

Meanwhile, back in the real world...

:( I agree with you totally!!! We should say that we are the Divided States of America and bow our heads in shame, cause our government can seem to act like responsible adults and work together, and some way make us the once proud Nation, that we once were. I pray everyday, for that day to come.:eusa_pray:

I completely agree. The people in Washington are ruining us. Unless we put the brakes on now, and come to our senses, in less than 10 years we will be the most powerful Third World nation in the world. We are doing it to ourselves by the habit of continually re-electing the very people that are destroying us. Obama is an idiot but he can't ruin us by himself. Congress is just as bad. It's time for the incumbents to be tossed out on their ear at the ballot box and new people with new ideas that can work together be elected into Congress and get rid of the people who have been in Congress for so long that they have become a political power within themselves.

Twenty years after the fall of the Soviet Union, the Russian Bear is a world power once more. Even in a weakened/collapsed state, America will remain a world-class power.

Governmentally speaking we are the OLDEST nation on Earth.

new_map.jpg
You're right about Jesusland, that area is populated by a bunch of fools.
They talk about Jesus and listen to Rush, who tells them not to give to the people of Haiti.

I doubt it. America was more divided in the early years than now. I wish we were more united, but we get what we deserve.

Compromise is a dirty word. Opponents are enemies.
Disagreement is treason.

I could go on...but this nation was formed out of compromise. We wre always a house divided...except we found ways to work ion the things that united us...what we had in common. Shared dreams and principles.

We will survive.

I do not do fear and loathing well.

I do notice the wingnuts and moonbats live with a dystopic view of the world.

Acceptance is key...as is not taking yourself so fuckin' seriously.

:lol:

When have conservatives and liberals ever played nicely together? We have always been a divided nation. So what. Imagine the disaster if only liberal or conservative philosophy ruled this country. That's when you would say, "American WAS a great nation."

☭proletarian☭;1904569 said:

The USA is the greatest Nation on earth,
[

By what measure?
And as long as we remain free we will remain the greatest nation on earth.

Are we free? Power is ever more concentrated in ever fewer hands and Americans are growing disillusioned with the official line about the Fed giving a damn about them.

Is a true American anything like a true Scotsman? Many on the Right do not believe in freedom of religion any more than the colonists did.

Meanwhile, back in the real world...

If you are American and you are free to give it up and leave if you think there is someplace better. As for me I believe we are still the greatest and the best place on earth. You can believe whatever you please. that's just part of being free. And most Americans right or left still believe in freedom of religion, where do you get this crap?

We will be a great nation as long as we the people adhere to the great principles of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution. When we do, great things happen. When we don't, we are not much different than other peoples, albeit with some very dangerous weapons systems.

We will be a great nation as long as we the people adhere to the great principles of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.
Like slavery?

Fools treat the Constitution as the bible.

Principles, not pieces of paper, must guide us.

Forum List

Back