Ways humans cause earthquakes

Bleipriester

Freedom!
Nov 14, 2012
Doucheland
Humans cause many earthquakes and they all have to do with water. The worst such a quake was a 7,9.

Here are some causes:

1.) "Fracking":
Fracking causes a lot of slop and this water is being pumped into the earth with much pressure (grouting). The caused quakes are not as worse as natural ones but they take place much more close to the surface.

2.) Geothermal power plants:
Also geothermal power plants are grouting water into the earth, cold water.

3. Large dams:
Large dams create large lakes. The more water the lake carries, the more pressure occurs.

Here´s more:
Induced seismicity - Wikipedia

Increase of earthquakes in the US, mostly caused by Fracking:
791px-Cumulative_induced_seismicity.png

Last edited:
True, but the one in Iran back in the mid-2000's was done when a Therapist at work landed on her behind here in Houston!!!

I mean not thirty minutes later Iran was shaking!!!

All joking aside I do agree man is causing many of these quakes today and one day will set off a big one...

I think fracking is going to cause something really bad at some point.

We've already seen courts take away the 1st amendment rights of children over it for the rest of their lives. Lifelong Gag Order Imposed on Two Kids in Fracking Case | StateImpact Pennsylvania

Did you read the whole article?...or just the part that seemed to support your invalid point?

From your link0 :Range Resources seems to now be distancing itself from its lawyer’s remarks, insisting the gag order applies only to the parents.
“Those comments are not accurate from our former outside counsel and are not reflective of our interpretation of the settlement,” wrote spokesman Matt Pittzarella in an email to StateImpact. The seven and ten year olds are free to discuss whatever they wish now and when they are of age.”

The OP needs some real responsibilities in life.... would stop worrying about st00pid shit.

Anyway, nobody thinks humans cause earthquakes.:113:. This forum serves to prove the point that there is a sucker born every day.

The OP needs some real responsibilities in life.... would stop worrying about st00pid shit.

Anyway, nobody thinks humans cause earthquakes.:113:. This forum serves to prove the point that there is a sucker born every day.
Incredible level of denial. Psychological interesting.

Meh..... if it's not on anybody's radar it's a moot point.

Lol.... show us some evidence that people even care about this!:cul2::cul2::deal:

Links please!

Your claims are very weak according to USGS:

Induced Earthquakes

"Fact 1: Fracking is NOT causing most of the induced earthquakes. Wastewater disposal is the primary cause of the recent increase in earthquakes in the central United States.

Wastewater disposal wells typically operate for longer durations and inject much more fluid than hydraulic fracturing, making them more likely to induce earthquakes. In Oklahoma, which has the most induced earthquakes in US, only 1-2% of the earthquakes can be linked to hydraulic fracturing operations. The remaining earthquakes are induced by wastewater disposal."

And what is the composition of that 'wastewater'? About 10% fracking fluids, and the rest is mostly salt water from oil wells.

And what is the composition of that 'wastewater'? About 10% fracking fluids, and the rest is mostly salt water from oil wells.

It is clear you didn't read the article.
A study published today in Science explains how wastewater injection sites—areas where toxic water left over from oil drilling and fracking processes is injected into the ground between impermeable layers of rocks to avoid polluting freshwater—could be driving the sharp increase in the sometimes-disastrous earthquake events. “It really is unprecedented to have this many earthquakes over a broad region like this,” says study co-author Geoffrey Abers of Cornell University. “Most big sequences of earthquakes that we see are either a main shock and a lot of aftershocks or it might be right at the middle of a volcano in a volcanic system or geothermal system. So you might see little swarms but nothing really this distributed and this persistent.”

Wastewater Injection Caused Oklahoma Earthquakes

Seems I read relevant articles.

Fracking is banned here. Fracking waste from PA was being sent up here to wastewater plants to be disposed of. Once the citizenry was aware this was happening political pressure ended it quickly, laws were changed, and some politicians weren't reelcted

If you people didn’t hate science so much, you’d know that earthquakes are caused by tectonic plates rubbing against each other as they move.

Gee ya think?

People who think humans cause earthquakes are mental cases:fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::funnyface:
People that do not realize how many human caused earthquakes there are, are fucking ignorant.

Nope... it's just that some people have the ability to think on the margin and some people well....dont. The most pronounced shortcoming of progressive thinking is they have the distinct inability to think on the margin.

I bump into scores of people all the time who call the clients I work with "patients" or refer to them as having "mental illness". I can call them ignorant but in my view they just don't care that much to learn about autism. It's a periphery matter their life experience.

There are 10 billion earthquakes a day all over the world. An extra few rumbles here and there from some jackhammers doesn't concern people.... they only care what the Richter Scale reads. Because they can think on the margin. People who get all angst about the earth shaking a little bit more due to human activity have some thought processing issues. They really need to make better use of their free time. Idle time for people with depression is a bad idea.

Thankfully for the rest of us a huge majority of people do have the ability to think on the margin.... I would need about 2 months posting threads in here to provide all of the examples, but one for instance, is this nonsense of people getting angst about a rise in the sea level of 3 mm. C'mon now.... only people with connect the dots issues are sitting home worrying about it and the funny thing is it truly is a pathology in the brain. Can be moderated only by pharmacological aid ( lol....tons of ignorance about human thinking differences :2up: )

Fracking!

Nobody cares :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed::cul2:

Last edited:
If you people didn’t hate science so much, you’d know that earthquakes are caused by tectonic plates rubbing against each other as they move.
If you were not so fucking ignorant, you would know there are many other sources of earthquakes.

Let me educate you.

There are other reasons for earthquakes, but they are rare. The vast majority of them occur along fault lines. Those are where the earth's plates meet and rub together as they move over time. Technically you could call movements in the ground from explosions while mining an "Earthquake" but the kind that cause actual destruction are never caused by man.

No charge for the education. You're welcome.

Well now, Pred, since the highest geology class I have taken thus far is Eng Geo 470/570, I really don't think you taught me anything other than the depths of your ignorance.

Education is waaaaay overrated. For progressives, it's the only thing that matters. The automatic thinking is the more education you have the smarter you are thus the more you know. But in the real world it doesn't quite work out that way in most cases.

Take climate scientists for example. Certainly highly intelligent. But for all the published studies presumably leading to "settled science", where has the science had any, even marginal, impact in the real world ( outside of the tiny realm of acedemia)?

The answer is, it has had virtually no impact on public policy makers. Smart highly educated guys are a dime a dozen. What matters is who is winning!:2up::hhello::hhello::flirtysmile4:

Forum List

Back