Wayman Tisdale RIP

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
I loved him when he played for the Pacers. He was also a talented jazz musician.

Cancer takes another one. :(

COLLEGE BASKETBALL - Tisdale was a true class act, on and off the court - FOX Sports on MSN

One of the true class acts, Wayman Tisdale died Friday morning after a long battle with cancer. He was 44.

"He's one of the best human beings I've ever been around in my entire life."
— Oklahoma coach Jeff Capel
I've never met anyone who said a bad word about the former Oklahoma and NBA star.

Tisdale was always smiling — even a few months ago when he walked into the Lloyd Noble Center with a cane and the entire crowd — including Sooners standout Blake Griffin — stopped to give him a standing ovation.

"He's one of the best human beings I've ever been around in my entire life," Oklahoma coach Jeff Capel told me Friday morning. "He had an incredible gift of making the people who came in contact with him feel incredibly special. His basketball talent and accomplishments pale in comparison to the impact he had on the lives that he influenced by the way he lived his life, and the tremendous character he displayed in his fight with cancer."

Forum List

Back