Way to support those troops!

manifold

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2008
your dreams
Military disability cases: Adding insult to injuryBy David Perry, [email protected]
Article Last Updated: 04/06/2008 12:01:40 PM EDT

Chuck Millard, 30, was injured on a night mission in Iraq. He suffers from chronic debilitating back pain today. Four years ago, Chuck Millard joined the U.S. Marine Corps to make himself better and make his son proud.

They made him a rifleman and sent him to Iraq. He suffered a spinal cord injury on a night mission.

More than two years after surgery, he is a 30-year-old lance corporal who suffers chronic back pain he'll likely endure for the rest of his life.

From the sidelines, he watched his unit arrive home to a hero's welcome. Unable to fulfill the physical duties of a rifleman, he was shuffled to other units.

Last fall, a Physical Evaluation Board found Millard "unfit" for service. He leaves this month with a single severance check. It's a far cry from the monthly payments and lifetime health care of full medical disability.

story

http://www.lowellsun.com/todaysheadlines/ci_8831047

Military disability cases: Adding insult to injuryBy David Perry, [email protected]

Chuck Millard, 30, was injured on a night mission in Iraq. He suffers from chronic debilitating back pain today. Four years ago, Chuck Millard joined the U.S. Marine Corps to make himself better and make his son proud.

They made him a rifleman and sent him to Iraq. He suffered a spinal cord injury on a night mission.

More than two years after surgery, he is a 30-year-old lance corporal who suffers chronic back pain he'll likely endure for the rest of his life.

From the sidelines, he watched his unit arrive home to a hero's welcome. Unable to fulfill the physical duties of a rifleman, he was shuffled to other units.

Last fall, a Physical Evaluation Board found Millard "unfit" for service. He leaves this month with a single severance check. It's a far cry from the monthly payments and lifetime health care of full medical disability.

story

cannon fodder...

story

But by all means, let's all vote for nationalized health care. It's bound to be a raging success.

I have to point out something. It is my experience that a huge percentage of the working population deals daily with some sort of pain or debilitation, caused by, you guessed it, working. I deal with it myself.

The liberal press finds the people who make the most of it (and this guy may have a perfectly valid complaint, I don't know) and uses them to prove whatever point they're making at the moment.

I know I look askance at anybody who attempts to make a disability claim stick on back pain. Partly because I've suffered from back pain all my life (and my mother before me as well) and never attempted to get disability for it, and have trucked along not expecting anything for it. I've seen too many losers who say they can't work because they have a back injury....when they weren't exactly workaholics BEFORE the alleged injury.

Forum List

Back