Way to go Nebraska.

SFC Ollie

Still Marching
Oct 21, 2009
Extreme East Ohio
Neb. flag-desecration case may be tried in August

Associated Press - April 2, 2010 3:54 PM ET

PAPILLION, Neb. (AP) - Another Nebraska judge has refused to dismiss the flag-desecration charge against against a Kansas woman.

Douglas County Judge Joseph Caniglia was appointed to hear the Sarpy County case after two other judges were removed from the case. Caniglia refused Friday to throw out the case against Shirley Phelps-Roper on constitutional grounds.

Neb. flag-desecration case may be tried in August - KOAM TV 7 Joplin and Pittsburg News Weather Sports |

I didn't know that any states had flag protection laws. It's a good thing.

PAPILLION, Neb. (AP) - Another Nebraska judge has refused to dismiss the flag-desecration charge against against a Kansas woman.

Douglas County Judge Joseph Caniglia was appointed to hear the Sarpy County case after two other judges were removed from the case. Caniglia refused Friday to throw out the case against Shirley Phelps-Roper on constitutional grounds.

Neb. flag-desecration case may be tried in August - KOAM TV 7 Joplin and Pittsburg News Weather Sports |

Don't get your hopes up. You can be a leftwingnut domestic terrorist around here and get one Dem President to pardon you and the next to be your buddy. She'll be a hero by next month.:rolleyes:

Don't get your hopes up. You can be a leftwingnut domestic terrorist around here and get one Dem President to pardon you and the next to be your buddy. She'll be a hero by next month.:rolleyes:

True, but as the Vice Commander of my local American legion it's good to see things like this. We sponsor a flag protection amendment every congress, and have come as close as one vote to having it passed.

As much as I hate that family, this is a clear cut case of selective enforcement. That is patently UnConstitutional.

If you want to fuck with somebody's flag, go to Russia and fuck around with theirs. See how swell they will think it is.

Fucking with the Russian flag is a creative way to get free passage to Siberia.

I think Paul Theroux tried it.

If you want to fuck with somebody's flag, go to Russia and fuck around with theirs. See how swell they will think it is.

I'm SOOOOOOOO glad Russia is the standard by which we measure "freedumb" in this nation. It's such a relief, that there's still examples out there that make us look "not that bad".

My mother always told me "as long as people don't hit rock bottom, they always feel comfortable looking down on others". Heckovajob Nebraska.:clap2::clap2:

I'm SOOOOOOOO glad Russia is the standard by which we measure "freedumb" in this nation. It's such a relief, that there's still examples out there that make us look "not that bad".

My mother always told me "as long as people don't hit rock bottom, they always feel comfortable looking down on others". Heckovajob Nebraska.:clap2::clap2:

I'm even happier the standard by which we measure intellect isn't you. There sure aren't many around here for YOU to look down and I'm sure your mother was looking down when she told you that.

Fuckwit.

Actually, this sounds like something that would happen in Iran.

If this passes muster...there's an awful lot of people who will go to jail for wearing flag apparel.

If this passes muster...there's an awful lot of people who will go to jail for wearing flag apparel.

Yep..........especially those folk with zero physique.........:lol:

The American Legion sponsored Flag Amendment:

"The Congress shall have power to prohibit the physical desecration of the flag of the United States."

Nebraska's law bars intentionally "casting contempt or ridicule" upon an American flag

The Prez can only pardon someone of a Federal Crime, this is a state crime, which requires a governor pardon.

"The Congress shall have power to prohibit the physical desecration of the flag of the United States."

Nebraska's law bars intentionally "casting contempt or ridicule" upon an American flag

When that runs up against that 'free speech' thing, these sort of laws usually are found lacking.

When that runs up against that 'free speech' thing, these sort of laws usually are found lacking.

The American Legion has found a sponsor in each of the past 6 congresses to introduce the Flag Amendment. If it should pass (and we have missed it by one vote in the Senate) it would go to the states for ratification. It would then be part of the Constitution.

I wonder which other States have some type of Flag protection laws?

The American Legion has found a sponsor in each of the past 6 congresses to introduce the Flag Amendment. If it should pass (and we have missed it by one vote in the Senate) it would go to the states for ratification. It would then be part of the Constitution.

Won't matter, unless the SUPREMES again overturn decades of precedent.

IF such a unDemocratic thing should pass, maybe I'll make it a hobby to report anyone, any business, any organization who does not follow the Flag Code E X A C T L Y.

Forum List

Back