Way to go Congress!

Its make everyone pay for healthcare or Do what we have been doing letting people have free care at others expense.

Everyone will be treated in a emergency situation. Some will have no healthcare to pay for this and will never pay the bill even though they could afford to pay for policy.

Those costs dont just dissapear, they go on other peoples bills.

Please explain why I should have to pay for your health care.

Please explain how the federal government has the right to force me to purchase health care.

You do know that some kind of national tax will be coming down the pike to try and cover this, right? You do know that the country was already headed for bankruptcy before this fuck-over, right? You do know this will end up just like Medicare and everything else the government runs, right?

Holy crap TM, if you can't put down the koolaid at least take off the rose colored glasses.

Its make everyone pay for healthcare or Do what we have been doing letting people have free care at others expense.

Everyone will be treated in a emergency situation. Some will have no healthcare to pay for this and will never pay the bill even though they could afford to pay for policy.

Please explain why I should have to pay for your health care. You will never have to pay for my healthcare because I can afford to buy it.

Please explain how the federal government has the right to force me to purchase health care.
You are not forced to buy it , you can chose to pay the fine instead.

You do know that some kind of national tax will be coming down the pike to try and cover this, right? You do know that the country was already headed for bankruptcy before this fuck-over, right? You do know this will end up just like Medicare and everything else the government runs, right? Why is it so many other countries can manage to design health care systems that work better than ours and cost less than ours but you think Americans are too stupid to also make it work?

Holy crap TM, if you can't put down the koolaid at least take off the rose colored glasses.

You refuse the facts of healthcare results in other countries which are kicking our asses at fiuxing these types of issues. So maybe it is you who refuses the facts and keeps reacing for the Kool aide. Why did your party refuse to fix this problem if your ideas were so great at fixing it?

Please explain why I should have to pay for your health care. You will never have to pay for my healthcare because I can afford to buy it.

You do know that some kind of national tax will be coming down the pike to try and cover this, right? You do know that the country was already headed for bankruptcy before this fuck-over, right? You do know this will end up just like Medicare and everything else the government runs, right? Why is it so many other countries can manage to design health care systems that work better than ours and cost less than ours but you think Americans are too stupid to also make it work?

You refuse the facts of healthcare results in other countries which are kicking our asses at fiuxing these types of issues. So maybe it is you who refuses the facts and keeps reacing for the Kool aide. Why did your party refuse to fix this problem if your ideas were so great at fixing it?

1. Can't understand generalities? Explain to me why I should have to pay for anyone else's health care.

2. Side stepped the question . . . . by what authority does the government have to mandate that I purchase something from a private entity?

3. We're not implementing a system that will work better, we're implementing uhc like the UK (don't spout about public option shit not being there. It's coming) and it is bankrupting them. Do me a favor, have a chat with California Girl about uhc then get back to me.

IMO this quote from the Neal Boortz column is exactly what happens with the passage of the largest government takeover ever:

Never in the history of the United States has the Congress ever passed a law which required any citizen to enter into a contract with another citizen or a private business against their will ...... Never, that is, until now.

that isn't true.....social security....medicare....education.....

1. Can't understand generalities? Explain to me why I should have to pay for anyone else's health care.

2. Side stepped the question . . . . by what authority does the government have to mandate that I purchase something from a private entity?

3. We're not implementing a system that will work better, we're implementing uhc like the UK (don't spout about public option shit not being there. It's coming) and it is bankrupting them. Do me a favor, have a chat with California Girl about uhc then get back to me.

Why would anyone listen to CaliGirl when her "special double-secret writers' source for info" has been wrong so many times before? Wait...are you wearing a tin-foil hat too?

Per S.S. and Medicare . . . . we pay into them for ourselves.

Has the government ever required purchase of something and if refused, the person was fined?

Why would anyone listen to CaliGirl when her "special double-secret writers' source for info" has been wrong so many times before? Wait...are you wearing a tin-foil hat too?

She lives in England and it part of the system and is seeing how it is and isn't working, up close and personal. Seems to me she'd be a good one to ask how it's all working out for them.

I keep going back to why voters didn't do their homework during the Presidential campaign. BHO, the most liberal of Senators runs for the office of the President, yet so many of the voters never bothered to research his past on thier own. I put much of the blame on the lamestream media who fed the viewers one positive story after another. Never bothering to dig deep into what makes Obama tick. But yet they found out every single detail about Bush. Pft. Go figure. Gadda love double standards.

They saw a charismatic, articulate candidate who was not Bush.

What the hell is happening to personal responsibility in this country??????

Could it be that many who didn't vote for McCain simply didn't care for his policy on Iraq, much the same as right-to-lifers would never vote for Obama? Or perhaps many were victims of medical rationing because of their lack of insurance or limits of their coverage and Obama's plan appealed to them more than McCain's plan. Perhaps they were turned off by the whole "bridge to nowhere" thing for after all, it was the Republicans that passed the bloated transportation bill.

It seems rather pompous to say people didn't do their homework.

1. Can't understand generalities? Explain to me why I should have to pay for anyone else's health care. You already do, why do you refuse to understand that ?

2. Side stepped the question . . . . by what authority does the government have to mandate that I purchase something from a private entity?You dont have to you can pay tghe fine instead.

How is it you are arguing against something that no one has proposed?

Profits for largest insurers now 30% - PNHP's Official Blog

I keep going back to why voters didn't do their homework during the Presidential campaign. BHO, the most liberal of Senators runs for the office of the President, yet so many of the voters never bothered to research his past on thier own. I put much of the blame on the lamestream media who fed the viewers one positive story after another. Never bothering to dig deep into what makes Obama tick. But yet they found out every single detail about Bush. Pft. Go figure. Gadda love double standards.

They saw a charismatic, articulate candidate who was not Bush.

What the hell is happening to personal responsibility in this country??????

Could it be that many who didn't vote for McCain simply didn't care for his policy on Iraq, much the same as right-to-lifers would never vote for Obama? Or perhaps many were victims of medical rationing because of their lack of insurance or limits of their coverage and Obama's plan appealed to them more than McCain's plan. Perhaps they were turned off by the whole "bridge to nowhere" thing for after all, it was the Republicans that passed the bloated transportation bill.

It seems rather pompous to say people didn't do their homework.

Not in my eyes it doesn't.

People voted for Obama because of the direction he wanted to take the country.

Obama has no respect for the Constitution, to him it's a worthless scrap of paper.

For the first time in my adult life, I am ashamed to be an American
Interesting, that's what Bush Jr. said about the Constitution. Bush said "it's just a goddamned piece of paper".

People voted for Obama because of the direction he wanted to take the country.

Going through the budget with a fine toothed comb?

Ending Presidential signing statements?

Capturing bin laden??

Closing Gitmo?

You mean that direction?

Ok for all of you saying that being forced to buy healthcare is unconstitutional..

1. You get to keep the insurance you're buying by choice now. So YOURE not forced to buy anything.

2. What the HELL do you think a TAX is? A tax is the government legally telling you to pay up. For example, if Congress chose to require individuals to have health insurance by levying a tax, then using the revenue for funding health benefits, this could be viewed as an appropriate use of Congress's taxing and spending power.

3. Congress's Spending Clause authority is used like this all the time - say for highway funds. While the Court has recognized that Congress cannot force states to take certain courses of action because of state sovereignty protected under the Tenth Amendment, the conditioning of funds can be a legitimate inducement to get states to follow the will of Congress. Thus, if Congress were to grant federal funds to states that enacted laws which required individuals to purchase health insurance, this type of law would likely be considered a legitimate use of Congress's spending clause authority.

4. And aren't you forgetting mandated car insurance?

aaah the old car insurance comparison. You do not have to own a car. Auto insurance is for the priviledge of driving and owing a car. Mandated health insurance is simply for living... there is no comparison.

Also, you can't have it both ways in your argument as you start out defending why it's not a mandate (forced) and end by comparing it to "mandated car insurance".

You already pay for others healthcare. Everytime someone goes into a ER, because of lack of insurance, and does not pay for something that could have been taken care of by a family doctor. Who pays that bill? We all do. BTW mandates were first proposed by republicans.:eusa_shhh:

Forum List

Back