Waterloo

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
David Frum yesterday posted "The Republican Waterloo." It's a nice accompaniment to coffee for 15 minutes of a Saturday morning. It's not derisive and it's not laudatory.. It was inspired by a 2009 essay he wrote, and that was inspired by a remark Jim Demint made. The latest essay concludes as follows:

I take no pride or pleasure in saying “I told you so.” We’ve all been wrong about enough things to teach us humility about our rare bursts of foresight. What I would urge is that those conservatives and Republicans who were wrong about the evolution of this debate please consider why they were wrong: Consider the destructive effect of ideological conformity, of ignorance of the experience of comparable countries, and of a conservative political culture that incentivizes intransigence, radicalism, and anger over prudence, moderation, and compassion.

Republicans and their voters don't have brains, so appealing to them makes no sense.
All they think about is:
-I hate immigrants and blacks
-The rich need tax cuts, because even though I'm a poor redneck, I'm going to be rich someday

That's it. They have no other thoughts, ideas, or policies other than that.

How can anyone with a functioning brain, think Ds are different from Rs? Has to be some kind of special stupid.

Republicans and their voters don't have brains, so appealing to them makes no sense.
All they think about is:
-I hate immigrants and blacks
-The rich need tax cuts, because even though I'm a poor redneck, I'm going to be rich someday

That's it. They have no other thoughts, ideas, or policies other than that.

So black Republicans hate themselves and immigrant Reoublicans hate themselves?

Intelligence is not your strong suit.

Forum List

Back