Water over the Levys in New Orleans

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
In Plaquemines parish NO.. People are in their attics. My brother lives close to this area. His house did not flood during katrina but had other damage . They are saying the houses that did not flood in Katrina are flooding now. I hope he is ok. Cant get in touch with him. He stayed. I knew they should not chance it . But I know we probably would have too. Living in a Hurricane alley. No one hardly leaves at a Cat 1 unless your on the coast.. This is why you can never determine what will happen

New Orleans News, Local News, Breaking News, Weather | wwltv.com | Video

Last edited:
I hope everything goes well.

I think we learned many lessons from Katrina and the New Orleans flood infrastructure has improved as well as the ability to respond to disaster

In Plaquemines parish NO.. People are in their attics. My brother lives close to this area. His house did not flood during katrina but had other damage . They are saying the houses that did not flood in Katrina are flooding now. I hope he is ok. Cant get in touch with him. He stayed. I knew they should not chance it . But I know we probably would have too. Living in a Hurricane alley. No one hardly leaves at a Cat 1 unless your on the coast.. This is why you can never determine what will happen

New Orleans News, Local News, Breaking News, Weather | wwltv.com | Video
You made your MessiahRushie's day!

August 28, 2012
RUSH: "Stop the presses! Stop everything! Stop the music! (silence) It's a hurricane! They just declared it a hurricane! It's a hurricane, all right! (applauding) Death and destruction during the Republican convention is now on tap!"

August 28, 2012
RUSH: Yes, a hurricane's gonna pour in there at Category 1. "Death! Destruction! What a great day!"

I also hope the everyone of your loved ones is OK folks but I really question the wisdom of anyone who stayed in areas that are below sea level protected by levees with a history of failure. They were talking about massive amounts of rain from this storm for the better part of a week now. You don't stay under those circumstances. The overwhelming number of people who die from hurricanes do so from flooding...not high winds or storm surge. Why mandatory evacuations were not called for in New Orleans, I have no idea.

Thanks guys. My mom talked to him this morning. They have been without power since 1145 pm last night but he is fine and so is his house. His best friend on the other hand had to get rescued with their two children from their attic they have 9 feet of water in their house so prayers for my brothers friend.. They are staying with my brother right now.

Thanks guys. My mom talked to him this morning. They have been without power since 1145 pm last night but he is fine and so is his house. His best friend on the other hand had to get rescued with their two children from their attic they have 9 feet of water in their house so prayers for my brothers friend.. They are staying with my brother right now.

That is rough. So close to the disruption Katrina caused

But houses can always be replaced and everything else is just "stuff". If your loved ones are safe, that is all that really matters

Forum List

Back