Water on the Moon

Fatality

SunCrackedSoul
Jul 15, 2009
water on the moon

Results soon to be published from two other spacecraft will show detailed spectra confirming that, indeed, the polar regions of the moon are chock full of water-altered minerals.

That's not all. Early results from NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO), launched on 18 June, are offering a wide array of watery signals. Increasingly, lunar scientists are confident that the decades-long debate is over. The Moon, in fact, has water in all sorts of places: not just locked up in minerals, but scattered throughout the broken-up surface, and, potentially, in blocks or sheets of ice at depth

pretty amazing

water on the moon

Results soon to be published from two other spacecraft will show detailed spectra confirming that, indeed, the polar regions of the moon are chock full of water-altered minerals.

That's not all. Early results from NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO), launched on 18 June, are offering a wide array of watery signals. Increasingly, lunar scientists are confident that the decades-long debate is over. The Moon, in fact, has water in all sorts of places: not just locked up in minerals, but scattered throughout the broken-up surface, and, potentially, in blocks or sheets of ice at depth

pretty amazing

Not so amazing once you understand that the Moon is a hollow, artificial satellite and that NASA could teach the CIA how to lie

water on the moon

pretty amazing

Where did that come from? I'd like to see the whole story.

We need to get back there with real live people capable of thinking and reacting, not just robots.

water on the moon

pretty amazing

We need to get back there with real live people capable of thinking and reacting, not just robots.

If that water in fact came from the Earth, then planetary geologists can be certain that our planet contained water 4.5 billion years ago. That would change the dynamics of models of Earth's formations.

Water Found on the Moon - ABC News

water on the moon

pretty amazing

If that water in fact came from the Earth, then planetary geologists can be certain that our planet contained water 4.5 billion years ago. That would change the dynamics of models of Earth's formations.

The Moon is not 4.5 billion years old, the planet is. Unless of course you disagree with the impact theory for moon formation, but all other models have serious flaws.

The Moon is not 4.5 billion years old, the planet is. Unless of course you disagree with the impact theory for moon formation, but all other models have serious flaws.

i think the moon is as old as the earth, and water on the moon is a cool thing. if they can extract it i wonder if it would be drinkable, would a station on the moon have a present water supply? interesting stuff.

This is a cool development. Water on the moon means you can colonize. A station on the moon would be a good first step out to the rest of the solar system.

Until recently, they never even claimed there was even ice on the moon.

Mars has now been proven to have ice, but not liquid water.

In the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum in DC, they have on display a Moon rock you can touch, and I have, every visit.

To actually touch a piece of rock that was on the Moon, wow!!!

Every rotation around the earth, the moon moves a little farther away. One day, many years in the future, the moon will just spin off into space.

i think the moon is as old as the earth, and water on the moon is a cool thing. if they can extract it i wonder if it would be drinkable, would a station on the moon have a present water supply? interesting stuff.

Comets and other space debria contain water, which is the more obvious explanation for water on the Moon. The rocks brought back from the Appollo missions were very dry, more like Earth mantle rocks than anything.
But if there were more than trace amounts there, enough to colonize? I'd love to see it happen.

As does the impact theory.

The only remaining theory that actually fits all the facts is that the Moon is an artificial satellite.

Moon rocks are older than the oldest Earth rock, the Moon is hollow, has almost the exact same apparent size as the Sun and does not orbit in the plane of the ecliptic, has the same face toward Earth all the time and almost dead center there is a 16 mile long equilateral triangle in a crater.

As does the impact theory.

The only remaining theory that actually fits all the facts is that the Moon is an artificial satellite.

Moon rocks are older than the oldest Earth rock, the Moon is hollow, has almost the exact same apparent size as the Sun and does not orbit in the plane of the ecliptic, has the same face toward Earth all the time and almost dead center there is a 16 mile long equilateral triangle in a crater.

Must everything be a conspiracy?

As I understand it, this "water" substance lacks one hydrogen atom effectively rendering it dehydrated water.
Wouldn't that be, instead of H2O, HO?

Holmium - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On a side note, in High School I packaged and sold "Dehydrated Water." I got some blank, 1/2 pint milk cartons and had a local printer print my labels!

You were paying me a buck for a 1/2 pint milk carton with nothing but air in it. But the detailed instructions are what sold this marvel, "Just add water!"

I sold a BUNCH of them, enough money to buy a car, and pay for books all through college!

Until recently, they never even claimed there was even ice on the moon.

Mars has now been proven to have ice, but not liquid water.

In the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum in DC, they have on display a Moon rock you can touch, and I have, every visit.

To actually touch a piece of rock that was on the Moon, wow!!!

There are also meteorites believed to be from Mars. During some bombardment or other, maybe even the LHB period early in the solar system, some pieces were knocked off and eventually made their way to us here on Earth. Amazing when you think about it, isn't it?
And that's why we need to get back out there. There is just too much still to be learned. I'm all for unmanned missions, but a robot without eyes and a brain can only go so far.

There are also meteorites believed to be from Mars. During some bombardment or other, maybe even the LHB period early in the solar system, some pieces were knocked off and eventually made their way to us here on Earth. Amazing when you think about it, isn't it?

Funny you should mention this. In the Museum of Natural History in DC, they have a rock on display, just a little sliver and the sign says, if I remember right, "touch a piece of Mars", and I did!!!

How do they know it was from Mars? Apparantly it was picked up by scientists as a metorite that landed on the Earth. The Polar regions are a good source.

Analysis of the composition was the same as what the orbiters sent back to Earth over the years, thus greatly assuming it was, as you described, blown off of Mars and rocketed to Earth.

So, in all probability, I touched a part of the Planet Mars!!

They also have on display, and some you can touch, Meteorites, large and small.

Last edited:
Every rotation around the earth, the moon moves a little farther away. One day, many years in the future, the moon will just spin off into space.

you mean like a badillion gazillion years from now?

Forum List

Back