Water fasting for insanely quick weight loss results

Well, my doctor says this diet could be dangerous to my health, but Skull Pilot and Gipper on the internet forum I'm a member of say it's A OKAY! :lol:
Any Dr who tells you skipping a few meals is bad for your health is a quack
It is...Especially to the elderly..

OK whatever you say.

Now show me medical research that says skipping a day of meals will kill you

Go ahead and skip all the meals you want. All I'm saying is don't try to tell people that it is perfectly safe for them when you don't know jack shit.

Post the research that says skipping meals will kill you

If you are a diabetic, it can be deadly. YOU are not a doctor. You do not know what you are talking about. You have no medical knowledge, and this is obvious.

When you skip meals, your lower blood sugar levels cause your body to release hormones that narrow your arteries, which increases your blood pressure, notes Health Services at Columbia University. As a result, you may experience some adverse symptoms of low blood sugar.

Drop in Blood Sugar Due to Skipping Meals

Well, my doctor says this diet could be dangerous to my health, but Skull Pilot and Gipper on the internet forum I'm a member of say it's A OKAY! :lol:

OK whatever you say.

You said it was bad for you, then you move the goal post and claim it needs to kill you..Get a grip..

OK whatever you say.

Go ahead and skip all the meals you want. All I'm saying is don't try to tell people that it is perfectly safe for them when you don't know jack shit.

Post the research that says skipping meals will kill you

If you are a diabetic, it can be deadly. YOU are not a doctor. You do not know what you are talking about. You have no medical knowledge, and this is obvious.

When you skip meals, your lower blood sugar levels cause your body to release hormones that narrow your arteries, which increases your blood pressure, notes Health Services at Columbia University. As a result, you may experience some adverse symptoms of low blood sugar.

Drop in Blood Sugar Due to Skipping Meals

Diabetes is probably the only disease where that is a problem and let's not forget that people with type 1 diabetes did not live very long in the past. Type 2 diabetes however is a modern ailment that did not exist before we started eating like pigs at the trough

OK whatever you say.

You said it was bad for you, then you move the goal post and claim it needs to kill you..Get a grip..
I never said fasting was bad for you.

You go ahead and do the fast weight drop by fasting. I'm doing it the slow steady way, by food portions and exercise. I've dropped 35 pounds since July.

You go ahead and do the fast weight drop by fasting. I'm doing it the slow steady way, by food portions and exercise. I've dropped 35 pounds since July.

I agree, that is probably the best way to lose weight, rather than these silly fad diets or fasting. I feel shitty when I don't eat, and that is my body telling me to eat and that it needs energy. It is probably unhealthy for people who are already thin to fast because then your body starts to consume your muscles. We need food to break down to have energy in order to exercise and be healthy.

I don't fast to lose weight.

I've maintained a very good weight for years fasting is just something I do and have done for years now.

But that said intermittent fasting is a good weight loss strategy. I know people who have lost and kept off significant amounts of weight by doing so whereas most people I know who counted calories to lose weight gained it back

Not eating and causing yourself to feel "artificially full" by consuming a lot of water to fill your belly is probably just not that healthy for you in the long run. Not to mention, drinking too much water can be deadly too.

"It is rare, but there have been several other highly-publicized cases of death from over-hydration. In 2007, a California woman died after drinking about two gallons of water as part of a radio station contest. The Sacramento County coroner found that Jennifer Lea Strange, 28, died of water intoxication."

I agree, that is probably the best way to lose weight, rather than these silly fad diets or fasting. I feel shitty when I don't eat, and that is my body telling me to eat and that it needs energy. It is probably unhealthy for people who are already thin to fast because then your body starts to consume your muscles. We need food to break down to have energy in order to exercise and be healthy.
Fasting is not a fad. We evolved in an environment where fasting was the norm not the exception. When did humans start getting fat and suffering from all kinds of diseases and yes even vitamin deficiencies? Those are recent maladies

Fasting is not a fad. We evolved in an environment where fasting was the norm not the exception. When did humans start getting fat and suffering from all kinds of diseases and yes even vitamin deficiencies? Those are recent maladies

And there is happy medium that we call "moderation" between overeating and starving yourself, yet tricking your body into feeling full.

And there is happy medium that we call "moderation" between overeating and starving yourself, yet tricking your body into feeling full.

skipping a days worth of meals is not "starving" yourself

Yes it is. Do it without drinking all that water and see how you feel. You would be STARVING.

Yes it is. Do it without drinking all that water and see how you feel. You would be STARVING.

You have never experienced starvation.

Being a little hungry is NOT starvation

You get hungry for a reason you know! If you are not overweight, then you shouldn't ignore your body telling you when it's time to eat. Your belly growls and hurts because it is telling you that it is time to eat something. It can weaken you and your immune system too, if you do it too often, such as is the case often times when dieting. People tend to take things to excess.

You get hungry for a reason you know! If you are not overweight, then you shouldn't ignore your body telling you when it's time to eat. Your belly growls and hurts because it is telling you that it is time to eat something. It can weaken you and your immune system too, if you do it too often, such as is the case often times when dieting. People tend to take things to excess.

You must have a very low tolerance for discomfort if you think being a little hungry is painful.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a hungry in fact I'll bet if you didn't eat all the time you'd realize that your body doesn't "tell you" when to eat anymore.

Most people, even very fit people, have adequate fat stores to handle missing meals once in a while

Now try it with NO water for 3-4 days while training 8-10 hours a day and attending classes, and you've got my undergraduate years.

Now try it with NO water for 3-4 days while training 8-10 hours a day and attending classes, and you've got my undergraduate years.

4 days no water ?

Bullshit

4 days no water ?

Bullshit

20+ times a year for five years at least.

Just make vegetable juice and drink it. It’s surprisingly filling and you will lose your appetite and lose weight easily.

Fasting has been proven by experts to be very beneficial for health. Just because you are a two ton tessy, doesn’t mean fasting is a bad idea.

New Topics

Forum List

Back