Water-Boarding works

[
Do you KNOW what the word "liberal" means? It means someone who believes that a nation's sovereignty resides in its people and not in its government. It connotes one who rejects monarchy in particular and domination of the people by their government in general. So, in that sense, I AM a liberal, as were the folks who wrote the Declaration and the Constitution. I subscribe to the theories of Locke and Voltaire, of Mill and Rousseau, the writers who dared create the intellectual basis for the idea that the people are the owners of a country, not their leaders.

I would say you're more like Green, the reform liberal. With the exception of the nut cases Rousseau and Voltaire, the other guys are old school Liberals, far removed from what liberalism stands for today.

liberal ploy

See? That's the part I have trouble with. You don't know me, but you have assigned me to a pigeonhole where you can dismiss me as someone who has nothing valuable to say simply by assigning the term "liberal" to me.

Do you KNOW what the word "liberal" means? It means someone who believes that a nation's sovereignty resides in its people and not in its government. It connotes one who rejects monarchy in particular and domination of the people by their government in general. So, in that sense, I AM a liberal, as were the folks who wrote the Declaration and the Constitution. I subscribe to the theories of Locke and Voltaire, of Mill and Rousseau, the writers who dared create the intellectual basis for the idea that the people are the owners of a country, not their leaders.

And so, by slapping that epithet on me, what, pray tell, does that make YOU?!?!?:scratch:

Try again. You got labeled by me in this thread for what you posted in this thread. Simple as that.

If you're half as smart as you try to pass yourself off, you know that your definition of "liberal" and reality are not the same.

Try again. You got labeled by me in this thread for what you posted in this thread. Simple as that.

If you're half as smart as you try to pass yourself off, you know that your definition of "liberal" and reality are not the same.

I should also add, prey tell....that that makes us too cool for school. Eh? :laugh:

Forum List

Back