Watching an old

Auld Phart

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2013
Shadow serial, and had an odd thought...

If the Shadow had the power to cloud mens minds, according to the radio series intro...

Why did he need a mask?

If the Shadow had the power to cloud mens minds, according to the radio series intro...

Why did he need a mask?
Why does Superman let the bullets bounce off his chest and then dodge when they throw the empty gun at him?

Vampires have no reflection but why don't their clothes?

Why did he need a mask?

To look THIS cool...

x1080

Why did he need a mask?
For the 1930's publicity shots. Shhh. We all know this was originally a radio show...nobody could see... theater of the mind thing...

Why did he need a mask?
Why do Hollywood actors always throw their guns away when they run out of bullets....as if they'll never be able to find bullets to reload with.
They're just gonna kill.a bad guy and take his preloaded one anyway, so why bother?

Why did he need a mask?

My dad had the old radio shows on reel-to-reel. I loved listening to those when I was a kid...
I still listen to them on Sirius XM Channel 148, Radio Classics

I've thought about getting a subscription, but the Mrs, is a hard sell. KNX News Radio in Los Angeles used to, hell they still may, do 2 or 3 hours of old radio every Sunday night.

I did find this site:

Old Time Radio : Free Audio : Free Download, Borrow and Streaming : Internet Archive

So when I get a hankering for some old time radio, that's where I go.

Forum List

Back