Watched somebody die today

You know what bugs me the most about people dying in accidents?

She woke up this morning alive, and had no idea that she'd end the day dead.

That's what bugs me.

Personally, that's the way I want to go.

I figure that if I live to be 75, I'm going to eat a bacon cheeseburger every day to induce an eventual heart attack. Most of us are going to go because of cancer or coronary disease. I'd rather have the latter.

And what's with Dante? That's some weird shit...

I agree.

I agree that it is weird when someone calls out and belittles someone in a serious thread that they started when they are only asking for some kind words and understanding.

As I see it, people like Dante (and others) who can't say anything nice to the OP, should just stay out of the thread and SHUT THE FUCK UP!

:lol:

If that were a rule this would be a board of one, and even that is in doubt with many of you who signed up as 'thank you' for xottwat's post.

The irony here is that probably every last one of you would pull over and see if there was something you could do for an individual in dire straits

even those of you who seem mortally opposed to each other here

yet dole out one tax penny toward said entity after the dust clears, and it'd be tooth and nail all over again.....

~S~

:clap2:

This is one of those times on a politics board where it's not political, sparky. Let it rest.

everything is political.

gang up on people all you want, but when shit comes back to bite you in your fat ass...stop fuckin' whining.

"oh poor Paulie"

you people need to get lives. Are you all institutionalized or something?

Paulie claims to see an accident. he does nothing but take a peak and all of a sudden the man is in need of consoling?

fucking nanny board?

:eek:

I agree.

I agree that it is weird when someone calls out and belittles someone in a serious thread that they started when they are only asking for some kind words and understanding.

As I see it, people like Dante (and others) who can't say anything nice to the OP, should just stay out of the thread and SHUT THE FUCK UP!
Politics is for the living.

My comment was not as much directed at what Dante said, but at the irony of what AllieBaba said.

oops!

maybe you want to be more clear next time?

One of those in the wrong place at the wrong time things.

Really bad car accident. The car flipped up into the air and then rolled a bunch of times into a tree, where it was promptly severed into 2 pieces.

Sadly, so was the person.

I'm still not right.

where at paul, new/shore road, the parkway. the causeway, the turnpike?

Gosh, i hope I did not know the person! :(

what a terrible thing to see....i am so sorry you had to witness it.

None of those places, actually. This was right around the corner from my house.

Here's some pics..

This is the front half of the vehicle..

ASC_6380.JPG

And this is the back half:

ASC_6377.JPG

I don't know about a body being pulled from the vehicle like you posted earlier, the woman was ejected from the vehicle on impact. She was wearing her seatbelt, too. That's how bad the impact was. I remember seeing all kinds of debris flying up everywhere, but I didn't actually see the body fly out. I didn't see that until I walked up to the site.

Maybe there was still another part of her inside the front piece of the car, but I remember looking across the street and seeing right into where the seats are and I didn't see any part of a body in there.

The friggin windshield wipers were running, too. A small detail, but just something that adds to the already crazy imagery of the moment.

The lady was a 58 year old resident of my township, and I don't recognize her name.

Btw, those aren't my pics. Those are from the local newspaper website.

OMFG!

I was right about Paulie. He got out of his car to take a look and now has to post pictures of a tragedy where some poor life was snuffed out?

I would like to strangle him. When my bro was hurt in a terrible car accident people like Paulie almost got in the way of efforts towards saving his life. Fuckin' creep...inserting himself into another family's hurt and pain and then he has the unmitigated gall to post photos?

:evil:

I'm through playing in this pathetic thread.

Last edited:
where at paul, new/shore road, the parkway. the causeway, the turnpike?

Gosh, i hope I did not know the person! :(

what a terrible thing to see....i am so sorry you had to witness it.

None of those places, actually. This was right around the corner from my house.

Here's some pics..

This is the front half of the vehicle..

ASC_6380.JPG

And this is the back half:

ASC_6377.JPG

I don't know about a body being pulled from the vehicle like you posted earlier, the woman was ejected from the vehicle on impact. She was wearing her seatbelt, too. That's how bad the impact was. I remember seeing all kinds of debris flying up everywhere, but I didn't actually see the body fly out. I didn't see that until I walked up to the site.

Maybe there was still another part of her inside the front piece of the car, but I remember looking across the street and seeing right into where the seats are and I didn't see any part of a body in there.

The friggin windshield wipers were running, too. A small detail, but just something that adds to the already crazy imagery of the moment.

The lady was a 58 year old resident of my township, and I don't recognize her name.

Btw, those aren't my pics. Those are from the local newspaper website.

Maybe she was on her way home from the butcher and it wasn't human flesh that you saw on the street.

Just a thought...

Maybe, unless she also picked up a top half of a human body from the butcher.

Urgent! Urgent! Cleanup on aisle 9. A large container of melodrama has spilled and the mess is quickly expanding! Hurry!

:rofl:

Dante...do you ever get the sneaking suspicion that no one likes you?

If so, then your suspicion is correct.

That's what bugs me.

Personally, that's the way I want to go.

I figure that if I live to be 75, I'm going to eat a bacon cheeseburger every day to induce an eventual heart attack. Most of us are going to go because of cancer or coronary disease. I'd rather have the latter.

Toro, trust me heart attacks are not fun.

Really bad car accident. The car flipped up into the air and then rolled a bunch of times into a tree, where it was promptly severed into 2 pieces.

I'm still not right.

Was this your first or most devastating confrontation with mortality?

I like him.

He may be the biggest asshole I've ever encountered online, but of the handful of times someone online has managed to get me to challange my own understanding and views on things, he's probably responsible for half of them.

For me that's worth putting up with the assholery.

Saw a man drunk hit a tree, car exploded, and he burnt up. You've seen nothing till you see flesh burning.

It's amazing how consistent your camp is regarding arrogance. You're the only ones I've seen who constantly try to speak for everyone and one cannot deny it is the logical extension of your affinity for quantity over quality. You're the kind of dummfuk that would trade a hundred dollar bill for 50 pennies then brag you made more money because you traded one image of a president's face for fifty of them.

I'm still not right.

When I was in 4th grade my Mom was driving us to school. We had to cross a busy train track every morning in order to get to school.

One morning there was a man walking down the tracks to the crossing and a train coming. He either didn't hear the train's horn (which was absolutely blaring, as were the train crossing bells and lights on the arms) or he didn't care. Never found out which it was.

I saw the man hit by the train going 60 miles per hour. My Mom stopped to render aid (she is an RN) and left me and my siblings in the car and told us NOT to look (which of course, we couldn't help doing). After the ambulance arrived and the police interviewed Mom, she took us on to school and told our teachers to call her if we had trouble coping. She thought we might do better if she kept things "normal", rather than taking us home for the day. I can tell you I was very shook up the entire day and didn't learn a damned thing. The tape in my head played a continuous loop of the "accident".

The visual of him being hit, thrown in the air and sliding down the road 200 yards face first is still with me to this day. Even now I physcially shake and shudder whenever I have to sit at a crossing while a train approaches. This is almost 40 years later.

I don't know if you'll ever be right. I do know it takes time. I don't think about it very often anymore--usually only when someone relates a story like you have, and that dredges it all up again. Oh....and when I sit at a train track and can hear the horns blaring and feel the train rumbling. Still scares the shit out of me. I am known to avoid train tracks/crossings at all costs and will even drive miles out of my way in order to avoid a crossing. But....that's just me.

If you need to talk about what you saw and want some support, please feel free to PM. I'm happy to offer you what advice and help I can.

Best,
Jeny

Last edited:

It's amazing how consistent your camp is regarding arrogance. You're the only ones I've seen who constantly try to speak for everyone and one cannot deny it is the logical extension of your affinity for quantity over quality. You're the kind of dummfuk that would trade a hundred dollar bill for 50 pennies then brag you made more money because you traded one image of a president's face for fifty of them.
We've found Dante's secret lover...

That's what bugs me.

That has always bugged me.

Have you ever seen the series "Dead Like Me"? The central figure gets up, goes to work, goes to lunch and while leaving her office building is hit by a flying toilet seat that fell out of an airpline overhead. It kiils her.

She is taken by a grim reaper....she is his last "case" and she takes his place, becoming a reaper herself. She then roams her town "reaping", while watching her family grieve and fall apart after her death. Very interesting and entertaining show.

Still bugs me about people getting up in the morning and not knowing they'll be dead before the day is done.

Always will.

Last edited:

SWEET!!!

I have a "CAMP"!!!

Do I have full control over all of the people in my camp? Or are they free to come and go as they please?

If I had it my way, I would chose the former.

Forum List

Back