Watched somebody die today

One of those in the wrong place at the wrong time things.

Really bad car accident. The car flipped up into the air and then rolled a bunch of times into a tree, where it was promptly severed into 2 pieces.

Sadly, so was the person.

I'm still not right.

where at paul, new/shore road, the parkway. the causeway, the turnpike?

Gosh, i hope I did not know the person! :(

what a terrible thing to see....i am so sorry you had to witness it.

the latest...

WITNESSES SAY ONE BODY HAS BEEN PULLED FROM THE VEHICLE, WHICH WAS IN PIECES.

EXACT DETAILS HAVE YET TO BE RELEASED, CHECK BACK FOR MORE DETAILS.

You know what bugs me the most about people dying in accidents?

She woke up this morning alive, and had no idea that she'd end the day dead.

That's what bugs me.

I always think about that too. In accidents like that tho, they never knew what hit them. The people who are in hospitals for a few years get to think about it for a long time.

I'm thinking right now that I've never seen anyone actually die before that I know of. I've seen accidents, even bad accidents but nothing like that.

Sorry Paulie, what a shocker, huh?

It's a tough thing to deal with the first time because it's disturbing to realize your life could be gone in a flash, it reinforces our own mortality. Eventually, if you're lucky, you understand that we all die sooner or later and with that knowledge death no longer bothers you.
That doesn't mean the pain of losing a friend or loved one is any less or that you don't feel sorrow for others who have lost people, it's simply understanding and accepting the fact that we all die. That, at least for me, makes things much simpler.

Really bad car accident. The car flipped up into the air and then rolled a bunch of times into a tree, where it was promptly severed into 2 pieces.

I'm still not right.
I know the feeling...I still remember the sight, and the smell, of my first cadaver. Her limbs were all severed, and her torso was split open.

Hint: Don't look at the face.

I'm still not right.

It'll pass. I've seen them up close.

btw, your pain is nothing compared to those who knew the person.

Yours is all about the denial of death, mortality.

I thought you were a tough guy. :lol:

note: full disclosure...I worked in the Funeral industry for a short period of time.

Sometimes it's just better to STFU and say nothing..

You know?

yep. and this ain't one of those times. Paulie gets what Paulie dishes out.

excuse me for being fair minded.

:eusa_whistle:

CrocTears01.jpg

---

Paul-Castellano.jpg

And what's with Dante? That's some weird shit...

I agree.

I agree that it is weird when someone calls out and belittles someone in a serious thread that they started when they are only asking for some kind words and understanding.

As I see it, people like Dante (and others) who can't say anything nice to the OP, should just stay out of the thread and SHUT THE FUCK UP!

The irony here is that probably every last one of you would pull over and see if there was something you could do for an individual in dire straits

even those of you who seem mortally opposed to each other here

yet dole out one tax penny toward said entity after the dust clears, and it'd be tooth and nail all over again.....

~S~

I agree.

I agree that it is weird when someone calls out and belittles someone in a serious thread that they started when they are only asking for some kind words and understanding.

As I see it, people like Dante (and others) who can't say anything nice to the OP, should just stay out of the thread and SHUT THE FUCK UP!
Politics is for the living.

And what's with Dante? That's some weird shit...
I agree.

Politics is for the living.

My comment was not as much directed at what Dante said, but at the irony of what AllieBaba said.

I'm still not right.

None of those places, actually. This was right around the corner from my house.

Here's some pics..

This is the front half of the vehicle..

ASC_6380.JPG

And this is the back half:

ASC_6377.JPG

I don't know about a body being pulled from the vehicle like you posted earlier, the woman was ejected from the vehicle on impact. She was wearing her seatbelt, too. That's how bad the impact was. I remember seeing all kinds of debris flying up everywhere, but I didn't actually see the body fly out. I didn't see that until I walked up to the site.

Maybe there was still another part of her inside the front piece of the car, but I remember looking across the street and seeing right into where the seats are and I didn't see any part of a body in there.

The friggin windshield wipers were running, too. A small detail, but just something that adds to the already crazy imagery of the moment.

The lady was a 58 year old resident of my township, and I don't recognize her name.

Btw, those aren't my pics. Those are from the local newspaper website.

I'm still not right.

None of those places, actually. This was right around the corner from my house.

Here's some pics..

This is the front half of the vehicle..

ASC_6380.JPG

And this is the back half:

ASC_6377.JPG

I don't know about a body being pulled from the vehicle like you posted earlier, the woman was ejected from the vehicle on impact. She was wearing her seatbelt, too. That's how bad the impact was. I remember seeing all kinds of debris flying up everywhere, but I didn't actually see the body fly out. I didn't see that until I walked up to the site.

Maybe there was still another part of her inside the front piece of the car, but I remember looking across the street and seeing right into where the seats are and I didn't see any part of a body in there.

The friggin windshield wipers were running, too. A small detail, but just something that adds to the already crazy imagery of the moment.

The lady was a 58 year old resident of my township, and I don't recognize her name.

Btw, those aren't my pics. Those are from the local newspaper website.

Maybe she was on her way home from the butcher and it wasn't human flesh that you saw on the street.

Just a thought...

Forum List

Back