Watch what you order!

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Back in May my wife ordered a "free sample" of Form Factor (weight loss product). She claimed to have read everything very carefully, but then in late June received a larger shipment which she assumed was part of the sample offer (and she didn't tell me about). Just yesterday we received another shipment, I checked online and discovered a $75 charge on our primary account. After digging through the company's online offer I finally located the "automatic shipping and charge policy" buried in the credit card authorization. I called and canceled the account, have to return this shipment at my cost to get a refund but am stuck with the June shipment due to my wife not telling me and the company having a 30 day return policy.
I'm not a happy camper! :evil:

Bummer! im sorry. You go to watch out for the auto delivery thing...and all that small print.

The i love seeing is: FREE just pay shipping and handling.

That's the way almost all Free Offer products and services are these days.

I have a policy of never ever ever giving out my credit card # for something that is advertised as Free.

Not good. Its a scam that is played over and over. When they say, we will send you two for the price of one....you only pay shipping and handling...you have been scammed.

My wife and I just had a "talk". I told her no more free samples without our discussing it first.
The ironic aspect to this is she tends to be more security conscious about these things then I am and yes the company's ship and charge policy was well buried but by law was there to read, amongst the other 10,000 words.
I'm also pissed she used the primary account and not the shopping account. :evil:

Forum List

Back