~Watch Them Die~

By the way, are you suggesting that the death penalty INCREASES the crime rate?

I'm saying that the argument that it prevents crime isn't supported by the numbers.

I'm also saying that if you believe in the 'sanctity of life', murdering innocent people should be abhorrent to you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wntitiiLotk]YouTube - ‪P&T Bullshit!-The Death Penalty Part 1‬‏[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKSV9F_-VdU]YouTube - ‪P&T Bullshit!-The Death Penalty Part 2‬‏[/ame]

By the way, are you suggesting that the death penalty INCREASES the crime rate?

I'm saying that the argument that it prevents crime isn't supported by the numbers.

I'm also saying that if you believe in the 'sanctity of life', murdering innocent people should be abhorrent to you.

I didn't make any argument that the death penalty prevents crime. I stated, quite factually, that executing a criminal prevents THAT CRIMINAL from ever committing a crime again. Feel free to argue that, if you like.

Furthermore, murdering innocent people IS abhorrent to me. Executing heinous criminals, on the other hand, is not. Note BOTH of the distinctions there.

Furthermore, murdering innocent people IS abhorrent to me. Executing heinous criminals, on the other hand, is not. Note BOTH of the distinctions there.

What about 'executing' innocent men?

Barry Scheck: Innocent, but Executed

How many people on death row have been exonerated by evidence later found?

How innocent people have been killed and their cases closed who were innocent?

So much for your claims about the sanctity of life.

What about 'executing' innocent men?

Barry Scheck: Innocent, but Executed

How many people on death row have been exonerated by evidence later found?

How innocent people have been killed and their cases closed who were innocent?

So much for your claims about the sanctity of life.
Not many have been found innocent later as the process is hell. One person may be one too many but there will ALWAYS be errors. There will be people that are imprisoned for life and die there that were innocent. Today, with DNA evidence and advanced forensics, evidence can get quite conclusive. Death penalties should be used not just based on the crime but also the evidence. When there is OVREWHELMING evidence I have no problems with the death penalty being used.

Life being sacred and the death penalty are not necessarily incompatible. If you ask me though, life being sacred is a load created by people that are alive to feel better about life.

Forum List

Back