Watch Out! He's Got A Pencil!

How many people do you think the Oregon shooter would have killed if some of his victims were armed?

The American Sniper, Chris Kyle, was armed when he got shot. Him and his buddy even sent text messages about watching each others back because the shooter was bonkers. If a sharp shooter can't protect himself while armed, I don't see how college students are going to do any better.

If you are suggesting arming all students, then I would have to wonder if you are mentally ill.

I think it would be just a ridiculous to arm all teachers.

We do need to tighten security at all schools and colleges, so maybe the NRA can put on a bake sale to help cover those costs. :p

So your standard is that if anyone with a gun gets shot then guns are useless for defense. There you go, liberal intelligence, an oxymoron, or just a moron, either way.

What does "tighten security" mean?

I'm saying that even if armed, there's no guarantee. Saturating this country with even more guns is not the answer.

What a contentless post. Get back to your selfies

I can name numerous instances of when a gun would not have done the victims any good.

Now I'll let you get back to the re-run in your head of The Gunfight at the O.K. Corral.

I see, one anecdotal argument may not be relevant, but several anecdotal arguments are?

The fact is that most uses of guns for defense, they are not fired. So seriously, with the shootings of dozens of people by one gunman, it makes you feel safer to not have a gun because you have a list of examples where it wouldn't have helped?

The US comes out near the top in the gun homicide rate. Okay. Fine.

But you know what?

I bet if you did a study, you would find out we come out near the top in homicides with knives, bare hands, frying pans, golf clubs, and pencils.

I suspect we don't have so much a gun problem as a violence problem. Americans have a mean streak, and some of us are proud of it. For example, "Don't Mess With Texas™".

Someone should do such a study. I'd be surprised if no one has.

Anyone know?

An excellent point.....why do you suppose this is the case.
I don't know. I have a theory it is because our ancestors were restless people who came here and blasted their way across the continent, and once they reached the other side, we just started blasting each other.

Something cultural and genetic.

I was going to post about our shoot um up ancestors, and saw your thread. I agree!
It is planted in our subconscious , and react when we are stressed or mentally ill.

Every been beaten to death? Strangled to death? Knifed to death? Tortured to death? Beheaded?

Obviously not but being shot in the head is far less painful.

I'm not going to bother with much of a response, because there's no debating this kind of ignorance.
But you still just had to respond to my post didn't you

It's the kind if thing I say when I'm surrounded by idiots that think taking guns away is the way to prevent killing.

The biggest mass serial killer in the history of the world used a knife.

You gonna take knives away? No of course not. That's how stupid people sound when they get all hysterical about guns.

No one is taking guns away, you silly nitwit.
Not from me they aren't you are correct about that but it's funny how liberals always scream about taking freedom away from the wrong people, you daft cow.

Again, no one is taking guns away from anyone, dingbat.

No one is screaming about taking away yours, or anyone else's freedumb, parrot. :rolleyes:
Obama and Hillary are both trying to capitalize on this issue. And maybe it is bluster but you know nothing which is obvious by your posts. If you were twice as smart you would still be stupid.

I'm not going to bother with much of a response, because there's no debating this kind of ignorance.

It's the kind if thing I say when I'm surrounded by idiots that think taking guns away is the way to prevent killing.

You gonna take knives away? No of course not. That's how stupid people sound when they get all hysterical about guns.

Not from me they aren't you are correct about that but it's funny how liberals always scream about taking freedom away from the wrong people, you daft cow.

No one is screaming about taking away yours, or anyone else's freedumb, parrot. :rolleyes:
Obama and Hillary are both trying to capitalize on this issue. And maybe it is bluster but you know nothing which is obvious by your posts. If you were twice as smart you would still be stupid.

And how exactly are either one of them planning to take your guns, you simple minded twit?

Every time a Democrat is elected, gun sales go up, not down. lol

And how exactly are either one of them planning to take your guns, you simple minded twit?

Every time a Democrat is elected, gun sales go up, not down. lol
I wonder why? people must fear for their lives when a democrat is in power.

If you're going to be a smart ass, first you have to be smart, otherwise your just an ass.

I see my prediction was correct.

I gave you an opportunity to make your case.

You squandered it.

Here is another opportunity to explain why 13% of the population commits 52.5% of homicides nationally in the U.S.

The floor is yours.

Let me help... It is not only poverty but also the ghettoization of poverty... Black population due to history have lived together in ghettos(not always by choice).
These ghettos have massive social problems...

I will point out Europe is going away from these ghettos by housing poor within middle class areas and offering free college education. While not perfect it does reap better results..

You squandered it.

Here is another opportunity to explain why 13% of the population commits 52.5% of homicides nationally in the U.S.

The floor is yours.

Let me help... It is not only poverty but also the ghettoization of poverty... Black population due to history have lived together in ghettos(not always by choice).

I will point out Europe is going away from these ghettos by housing poor within middle class areas and offering free college education. While not perfect it does reap better results..

So, what causes these massive social problems if not inner-city black culture?

You squandered it.

The floor is yours.

So, what causes these massive social problems if not inner-city black culture?

Let me explain something to you. There are no differences between black people and white people. If you take a white child, put him/her in a poverty stricken area, where there are fewer resources, with limited options, that white child will excel at the same rate a black child would excel, and visa versa.

Does that help?

Forum List

Back