Watch McCain Veer to the Right

Conservative is not "far right" - just as traditional liberal is not "far left".

America remains a right of center country, which bodes well for conservative Republicans in the coming elections.

Present polling indicates such trending.

It ist he far left of the Democrat Party such as Pelosi and Reid, that are doing longer-term damage to the brand name....

Right of what center?

There is the issue in a nutshell. From the far right extremist position, the true center appears to be so far left that it is almost out of view. From the far left extremist position, the true center appears to be way too far to the right.

So you can't expect an extremist to have a rational view of the center.

Conservative is not "far right" - just as traditional liberal is not "far left".

America remains a right of center country, which bodes well for conservative Republicans in the coming elections.

It ist he far left of the Democrat Party such as Pelosi and Reid, that are doing longer-term damage to the brand name....

Right of what center?

Is that why your far left? So you know where one edge is.

What are you babbling about?

The country can't be to the right of it's own center, so Sinatra is saying the country is to the right of some other arbitrary center; I'm asking him what/where that is.

Our country has a Democratic president, a Democratic Senate, a Democratic House, a majority of Democratic governors, and a majority of Democratic state legislatures. To declare, in the face of that evidence, that this is a right of center country makes absolutely no sense,

unless of you are conceding that the Democratic Party is now the party of the left, the center, and some of the right.

Ok, that leaves the Republican party as the party of what's left over.

Last edited:

Right of what center?

There is the issue in a nutshell. From the far right extremist position, the true center appears to be so far left that it is almost out of view. From the far left extremist position, the true center appears to be way too far to the right.

I would say it's the reverse. To the far right, John McCain, with an 83 out of 100 conservative voting record, is too liberal. That would put their center farther to the right. And they think that most Americans, philosophically and politically, are to the right of that center.
Remember, they think McCain lost because he was too liberal.

Right of what center?

I would say it's the reverse. To the far right, John McCain, with an 83 out of 100 conservative voting record, is too liberal. That would put their center farther to the right. And they think that most Americans, philosophically and politically, are to the right of that center.
Remember, they think McCain lost because he was too liberal.

That is what I was saying - maybe I just worded it badly.

Forum List

Back