Watch Hannity Tonight

California is getting less and less water, and more and more demands on what little water they have. Choices have to be made, and rabble rousers like Sean Insanity have a fertile field for their brands of demogougery.

However, since these people are stating that something must be done, I propose that an immediate tax of 10% of all income in California, corperate, personal, or inherited, be levied to create desalinization plants along the whole coast. You see, California is already broke, so the money has to come from somewhere. And, since all in California will benefit from the additional water, all should pay for it.

Now that is called fiscal responsibility. And you are all for that, right, Willow? Willow?..................

oh really,, that was okay when it was the rallying cry for the democrats! What's changed? It's your country now?

yep!

and we are going to take it back because you are incompetent nincompoops.

Sure you are. If you get to call 75,000 votes 2.3 million votes. Otherwise, it won't work. They count votes far more carefully than you count crowds. And an inflation by a factor of 20 will get somebody some time in the big house.

California is getting less and less water, and more and more demands on what little water they have. Choices have to be made, and rabble rousers like Sean Insanity have a fertile field for their brands of demogougery.

However, since these people are stating that something must be done, I propose that an immediate tax of 10% of all income in California, corperate, personal, or inherited, be levied to create desalinization plants along the whole coast. You see, California is already broke, so the money has to come from somewhere. And, since all in California will benefit from the additional water, all should pay for it.

Now that is called fiscal responsibility. And you are all for that, right, Willow? Willow?..................

Hey! now you are on to something. I think every American who wants the government to "give" them healthcare too, every American on the programs should pay a mandatory 10% of everything they make in federal income taxes to pay for healthcare. Everyone. Yep I'm up for that. No freeloaders in my America.

Last edited:

and we are going to take it back because you are incompetent nincompoops.

Sure you are. If you get to call 75,000 votes 2.3 million votes. Otherwise, it won't work. They count votes far more carefully than you count crowds. And an inflation by a factor of 20 will get somebody some time in the big house.

I'll just believe what my lying eyes saw that day and not worry to much about the numbers,, I know it's got your asses sweating to prove numbers but I know what I saw they were pretty much wall to wall on the mall as far as the eye could see. I don't know how many that is but it's a lot. especially for conservatives this is the first time I've seen conservatives on the march..

Hey! now you are on to something. I think every American who wants the government to "give" them healthcare too, every American on the programs should pay a mandatory 10% of everything they make to pay for healthcare. Everyone. Yep I'm up for that. No freeloaders in my America.

If you did that to my base salary, without counting the overtime, and put into my paycheck what my employer is paying for my healthcare, I would actually see a profit.

And I was serious about the tax portion. If there is a major need that affects all of society, and what is more basic than water, then all should pay for meeting that need. Tax and spend is far more sane than spend and borrow.

wait until they get a $400.00 to $500.00 a month electric bill...wonder how they will blame Bush on that one.

Obama doesn't have a leg to stand on with the water being turned off. If the environmentalist care so much about the smelt, let them use private funds to start a smelt hatchery some place else.

Hey! now you are on to something. I think every American who wants the government to "give" them healthcare too, every American on the programs should pay a mandatory 10% of everything they make to pay for healthcare. Everyone. Yep I'm up for that. No freeloaders in my America.

If you did that to my base salary, without counting the overtime, and put into my paycheck what my employer is paying for my healthcare, I would actually see a profit.

And I was serious about the tax portion. If there is a major need that affects all of society, and what is more basic than water, then all should pay for meeting that need. Tax and spend is far more sane than spend and borrow.

ten cents on every dollar is reasonable to put toward health,, but it's got to be everybody chipping in.. it won't work out just taxing the rich. that's there stumbling block in DC they don't want a certain segment of the societh to have to pay,, but it's going to have to work that way or the country will go broke

wait until they get a $400.00 to $500.00 a month electric bill...wonder how they will blame Bush on that one.

Obama doesn't have a leg to stand on with the water being turned off. If the environmentalist care so much about the smelt, let them use private funds to start a smelt hatchery some place else.

this is the big central valley, it ptoduces most of our feggies, tomatoes, broccoli asparagus, they said they had to plow the almond trees under. it's a shame.

You'll lose. Don't waste your time.

just watch asswipe.

I will...I'll wait until 2010 and then 2012.

Until then, there is nothing that you can do short of doing something illegal that will get you killed.

Bullshit there's not. You can write, and talk, and tell people to wake up. That's not illegal at all. You don't sit on your fucking hands and assume someone else will make sure your guy wins.

so my dear willow....you do know a willow bends right? you can see this is not just the evil of the democrats...where are you gonna stop acting like all evils were invented by democrats...have you seen the cost of sanford chartering private jets to europe?

Hopefully Oregon will stop selling California energy from the Columbia soon. Greedy bastard Cali pricks.

The farmers are mad because THEY'RE the ones who are suffering for the fact that a few cities in California are full of masses of people that can't be supported with California resources.

this is rich.

All because the federal government thinks that smelt—tiny 5- to 7-centimeter fish—are more important than human beings. It seems that these annoying little creatures have been filleted by the water pumping systems necessary to make irrigation possible. They are now endangered.

As the Fish and Wildlife Service put it, “it is the Service’s biological opinion that the coordinated operations of the Central Valley Project and State Water Project, as proposed, are likely to jeopardize the continued existence of the delta smelt.” In other words, all water supply must be shut down, lest the world lose the incomparably valuable smelt.

Rich, indeed:

On March 31, 2004 the Service completed a five-year status review for the delta smelt as a partial settlement for two lawsuits. The Service utilized a variety of information to conduct the review, including all available scientific data, monitoring results and a paper submitted by the plaintiffs. The review concluded that the delta smelt population remains relatively low, compared to historical levels, and that many of the threats to the species identified at the time of listing still exist, precluding de-listing of the species at this time (USFWS, 2004).

http://science.calwater.ca.gov/pdf/ewa/support_docs_110804/Delta Smelt_2004.pdf

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service) delivered its Biological Opinion (BO) to the Bureau of Reclamation on Monday, December 15, 2008, on the effects of the continued operation of the Federal Central Valley Project and the California State Water Project on the delta smelt and its designated critical habitat.

The Service has determined that the continued operation of these two water projects as described in the Biological Assessment (BA) is likely to jeopardize the continued existence of the delta smelt and adversely modify its critical habitat.

Bureau of Reclamation: Fish and Wildlife Service Completes/Reclamation Receives Biological Opinion on Delta Smelt

Whoopsy!

Ok ... fine. All I asked was if you were off your soapbox yet and you went off into about begrudging democrats and hypocrites. Slow. Your. Roll.

don't act so innocent, it's because you threw some dumb confederate map up there for you mocking pleasure,

Huh?

Can someone with a decoder ring clue me in to what the hell she is trying to say in these last few posts?

Sorry. My Idiot-to-English dictionary is on back-order.

I watched it. Hannity did a great job of playing to the crowd, and telling them what they wanted to hear.

Turning off the pumps that bring water from the delta to the west side of the San Joaquin Valley has created some problems for a chronically water short state like California. They should be turned on, or more to the point should have been turned on, IMO.

However:

The caller on the program made two valid points that Hannity completely ignored.

1. Farmers have been selling federally subsidized water to Los Angeles because they can make more money doing so than they can using it to grow crops.That's what he said, but I'm not so sure about that. Did you hear the reaction from the crowd?

2. It isn't a case of the delta smelt vs farmers, but of farmers vs fishermen. The caller (I don't recall his name) repeatedly asked Hannity to come to Fort Brag, Coos Bay, or Eureka (salmon fishing towns) and explain to the fishermen why they have been out of work for the past two years.Are the fishermen standing in a food line for six hours waiting for food.. I so wanted Hannity to ask that question.

No one knows the answer to #2 or whether it is related to water problems in the delta. #1 is unconscionable. Hannity ignored both points, and just played to the crowd.
No he did not. his sympathies were with the farmer's but he did not play to the crowd.
Hannity is a carnival showman, not a political analyst.

Hannity is a man on a mission.

And his mission is to brainwash as many drones, like yourself, as he possibly can. I think he, Rush, and Glennbeck are in competition with each other.

I watched it. Hannity did a great job of playing to the crowd, and telling them what they wanted to hear.

Turning off the pumps that bring water from the delta to the west side of the San Joaquin Valley has created some problems for a chronically water short state like California. They should be turned on, or more to the point should have been turned on, IMO.

However:

The caller on the program made two valid points that Hannity completely ignored.

1. Farmers have been selling federally subsidized water to Los Angeles because they can make more money doing so than they can using it to grow crops.That's what he said, but I'm not so sure about that. Did you hear the reaction from the crowd?

2. It isn't a case of the delta smelt vs farmers, but of farmers vs fishermen. The caller (I don't recall his name) repeatedly asked Hannity to come to Fort Brag, Coos Bay, or Eureka (salmon fishing towns) and explain to the fishermen why they have been out of work for the past two years.Are the fishermen standing in a food line for six hours waiting for food.. I so wanted Hannity to ask that question.

No one knows the answer to #2 or whether it is related to water problems in the delta. #1 is unconscionable. Hannity ignored both points, and just played to the crowd.
No he did not. his sympathies were with the farmer's but he did not play to the crowd.
Hannity is a carnival showman, not a political analyst.

Hannity is a man on a mission.

And his mission is to brainwash as many drones, like yourself, as he possibly can. I think he, Rush, and Glennbeck are in competition with each other.

I don't know about that; "brainwash" implies they must have a brain to begin with...

Forum List

Back