Watch "Birth Of A Nation" On TCM Tonight At Midnight

Now riddle me this, folks.......how is that message *any different* than the one spoken today by so many in our media about American Muslims? GLBT people? The propaganda machines we're exposed to now may be far more sophisticated in technology....but their messages of hatred are just as simple and corrupt as the message of D.W. Griffith's obscene film circa 1915.[/FONT]

[/CENTER]
What does the media say about muslims that you find so objectionable ?

[American Muslims] or [GLBT people] are not "like us". They have "strange beliefs". They "do not value their families" or even "their own lives" as we do. They "cannot be trusted" to run their own lives. They are "oversexual" and the men are all wanna-be rapists. They "pose a threat" to civilized people and "must be restrained".

The message is the same. Only the targets have changed.

President Wilson was reported to have commented of the film that "it is like writing history with lightning.

And my only regret is that it is all so terribly true".

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qaim-7wvOJU[/ame]

I am not so sure he was lying.

This was in 1915

Confederate soldiers still marched in parades honoring Civil War veterans.

So there is a good chance that he believed the racist images shown on the film.

Last edited:

Now riddle me this, folks.......how is that message *any different* than the one spoken today by so many in our media about American Muslims? GLBT people? The propaganda machines we're exposed to now may be far more sophisticated in technology....but their messages of hatred are just as simple and corrupt as the message of D.W. Griffith's obscene film circa 1915.[/FONT]

[/CENTER]
What does the media say about muslims that you find so objectionable ?

[American Muslims] or [GLBT people] are not "like us". They have "strange beliefs". They "do not value their families" or even "their own lives" as we do. They "cannot be trusted" to run their own lives. They are "oversexual" and the men are all wanna-be rapists. They "pose a threat" to civilized people and "must be restrained".

The message is the same. Only the targets have changed.

Negroes are a great religion?
Negroes has been hijacked by extreme darkies?
What the fuck are you talking about again
Do you have specifics or are your just making stuff up?

Forum List

Back