Watch as cops rape this man of his civil rights.

Mr.Nick

VIP Member
May 10, 2011
This guy asks to see an arrest warrant for his son (who was hiding), then cop then tells him to pretty much "piss off" then pretty much storms through the guys door, tazes him - then punches him in the head, knocking him out.

All the guy wanted was an actual arrest warrant and to talk to his attorney..

This is totally uncalled for.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klAe8ArXWCo]YouTube - Tased Execution Style at Home.wmv[/ame]

Looks like resisting arrest to me.
Good on the police department.

Why was the son hiding, I wonder. Do you usually jump into a closet when you see a police officer?

Almost a year and a half old is the video, and this is all you have?

Did the guy sue? This is why we have a domestic court system, by the way.

Why was the son hiding, I wonder. Do you usually jump into a closet when you see a police officer?

Thats not resisting arrest.. Go to the guys website and you can clearly see its NOT resisting.

His site is pretty detailed.

Furthermore you just cant walk into someones home without a warrant. Whats to stop me from showing up at your house in a police uniform claiming I have a warrant for you?? would you question me or would you just submit and let me take you away???

He had every right to ask for a warrant.... Thats the way our system works.

Thats not resisting arrest.. Go to the guys website and you can clearly see its NOT resisting.

Furthermore you just cant walk into someones home without a warrant. Whats to stop me from showing up at your house in a police uniform claiming I have a warrant for you?? would you question me or would you just submit and let me take you away???

laws differ from state to state, but did they have a search warrant, or an arrest warrant? Also if the warrant was not a no-knock warrant then the should have really had it with them.

Looking at his website (of course biased toward his side of the story) the use of the tazer is questionable. Also the cops statements clearly showed they were taking it personally, which is also a bad thing.

He should probably appeal the local conviction up the chain. At that point local bias is removed.

They didn't come to serve a warrant - they came to arrest a guy who was hiding in a closet. When the father attempted to close the door on them - they came in. You think they should have allowed the door to be closed? How were they to know this guy wasn't going to retreive a gun. I am not interested in visiting the guy's website. My opinion is he got what he deserved.

If he's got a case he can sue.

THAT is how the system works.

The age of the video is irrelevant,this is what you get when you let authoritarian assholes have power.

That kids father did nothing wrong,the kid my have,but not the dad, so we should just let the cops run rough shod 1st then sue later??

We should always question authority always.If you have never had a gun stuffed in your face by a prick cop because he thought he could,not because he should have,you have alot to learn.

The age of the video is irrelevant,this is what you get when you let authoritarian assholes have power.

That kids father did nothing wrong,the kid my have,but not the dad, so we should just let the cops run rough shod 1st then sue later??

We should always question authority always.If you have never had a gun stuffed in your face by a prick cop because he thought he could,not because he should have,you have alot to learn.
This is why we can sue and why we have the Justice Department.

Yeah, right. I'm sure the guy who got tazed is a millionaire now, following the multi-million dollar settlement he received after he sued them, right?

Not having all the details of this particular incident I will tell you that are partially incorrect. If the police were all ready in pursuit of the guy and chased him into his home, they do NOT have to obtain a warrant to follow him inside. Likewise if they have a reasonable suspicion that someone is in danger inside the home, they do NOT have to have to warrant to enter. Also if the guy answered the door and the they plainly saw the suspect they do NOT have to obtain a warrant to get him.

laws differ from state to state, but did they have a search warrant, or an arrest warrant? Also if the warrant was not a no-knock warrant then the should have really had it with them.

Looking at his website (of course biased toward his side of the story) the use of the tazer is questionable. Also the cops statements clearly showed they were taking it personally, which is also a bad thing.

He should probably appeal the local conviction up the chain. At that point local bias is removed.

No they didn't have a physical copy of the arrest warrant, this Testa guy wanted to see an actual copy of the warrant, the police refused to show him one..

Here its all on his website..

vince-testa.net

This is why we can sue and why we have the Justice Department.

ya we do but it is way better to do it right 1st,not sue later,wonder how that guy in NYC a few years back made out with his law suit,after being shot 44 times by total mistake,bet he didn't win.

Say oh well we can sue later after crap like this is well stupid and enables more crap like this,like I said unless it has happened to you you will never really understand how wrong it is.

I would seriously recommend looking at this guys site.

vince-testa.net

This whole thing was over a 10 dollar Ipod that his son found in a public bathroom.

Not having all the details of this particular incident I will tell you that are partially incorrect. If the police were all ready in pursuit of the guy and chased him into his home, they do NOT have to obtain a warrant to follow him inside. Likewise if they have a reasonable suspicion that someone is in danger inside the home, they do NOT have to have to warrant to enter. Also if the guy answered the door and the they plainly saw the suspect they do NOT have to obtain a warrant to get him.

NO, the cops were serving an arrest warrant, they weren't chasing anyone. They went to that house to serve an arrest warrant..

Hell, you can see that the son is half naked in the video and its the middle of winter...

They didn't come to serve a warrant - they came to arrest a guy who was hiding in a closet. When the father attempted to close the door on them - they came in. You think they should have allowed the door to be closed? How were they to know this guy wasn't going to retreive a gun. I am not interested in visiting the guy's website. My opinion is he got what he deserved.
My understanding is they were not in pursuit, which would have justified their aggressive action. They came to serve an arrest warrant, which they did not present. The nature of the offense upon which the warrant is based does not in any way imply that the subject of the warrant represents a threat to society sufficient to justify taking expedient action to place him in custody.

I am not a lawyer. However I have had considerable training in and experience with the criminal law of New York State wherein what I've said above would apply. Even if the state laws of Illinois differ from those of New York this most certainly is a Constitutional issue. In fact, the nature of this incident is typical of one of the major grievances held against the conduct of British Regulars who routinely would barge into the homes of Colonial Americans to search and/or effect arrests. It is the very reason for the Fourth Amendment.

The following is something you should give some thought to before justifying what the police did in this example. It is important that you discard your personal disposition toward the Testas and consider only the circumstances and the behavior of the police. Because whether or not the Testa boy is guilty of the charge you must presume he is not. Whatever he is charged with did not take place within the view of these police officers, so as far as they are concerned he is merely a suspect in a very minor offense who retains all of his Constitutional rights.

"Whoever would make his own liberty secure must guard even his most despised countryman from oppression by government, for if he ignores this sacred duty he thus establishes a precedent which someday will surely reach to himself." (Thomas Paine)

Almost a year and a half old is the video, and this is all you have?

Did the guy sue? This is why we have a domestic court system, by the way.

In the words of Paul Harvey "now the rest of the story"

This whole legal odyssey started because his son, Carl, had found a broken, first-generation iPod in a public bathroom. Carl had no idea who it belonged to. It was broken and he couldn’t get it to work. He pawned it for a parts value of $10. The Lake County State’s Attorney asked for an emergency ex parte hearing months later to charge Carl Testa with petty theft which included “mislaid property, failure to take reasonable measures to return to proper owner.” Carl Testa was never notified of the charges, and was only alerted to the fact that he had any trouble with the law because he was receiving attorney solicitations in the mail. From such a benign incident, a mountain made out of a molehill, Vince Testa found himself tased, punched, arrested, tried and convicted—and he can’t make sense of any of it.

vince-testa.net

oh, so it turns out that the mother and the brother had both told police that the suspect was in the house and so there was no need to search the house and hence no need for a search warrant. The ARREST warrant was onsite though.

The father asked to see a search warrant thinking that they couldn't come in to get someone they KNEW was in the house without one. The police informed him of this and further informed him that in this instance the law was clear he could either go get his son to turn himself in, let them in to serve the arrest warrant themselves, or go to jail. He CHOSE the latter. THEN he tried to slam the door on the police officer's face (that's assault and THAT is why he was arrested) then he resisted once they attempted to affect an arrest. That's why he was tazed.

Interesting how some choose to twist facts.

By the way, a jury of his peers found him guilty of both battery, AND resisting arrest. SO he is officially guilty of both, and the police are officially innocent of all charges.

All that is from the guy's own website btw.

Forum List

Back