Watch A Abortion

This isn't something I like to watch - though for some that don't understand the true procedure of an abortion, then I guess, for some, maybe it would be good. It is as it shows and the title is as it says "the silent scream"! Unfortanately, you can show this, and some still won't care and head right for the clinic.

I can't bring myself to watch it either ! I know it is murder and no reason for it !! Hopefully the laws will be changing soon I pray !!

Laws can change, but then there are the people that will do it in homes then - and then you have girls that wind up in hospital nealry bleeding to death, or just that death!

I don't normally sound vicious like this but if a female is willing to kill her child then she should suffer as well !!! An eye for an eye !

That is the only subject I feel that way about !

Originally posted by janeeng
Laws can change, but then there are the people that will do it in homes then - and then you have girls that wind up in hospital nealry bleeding to death, or just that death!

People say the same thing about drugs...Guns...lots of things. People use that as a way to justify their feelings. Where were the thousands of women bleeding in the streets prior to Roe v. Wade?

Didn't happen. My wife won't let me pop a PIMPLE on her shoulder at home...do you think she'd let me go at her unborn fetus w/ a coat hanger?

Originally posted by dmp
People say the same thing about drugs...Guns...lots of things. People use that as a way to justify their feelings. Where were the thousands of women bleeding in the streets prior to Roe v. Wade?

Didn't happen. My wife won't let me pop a PIMPLE on her shoulder at home...do you think she'd let me go at her unborn fetus w/ a coat hanger?

Though this may be true, and your Wife I am sure would NOT allow this, there have been MANY girls that have gone and had the old hanger done, look back! I don't believe in it at all, but, this is a subject that I truly am quite familiar with and know what some will do and the lengths they will go to do it.

Just recently, I had a student of mine, 16 years old, come and tell me she's pregnant - she needed $300 - of course, I knew why she needed that money, run right to a clinic. He Mom didn't know, she wouldn't tell her. I tried to talk to her, nothing worked. 3 weeks later, the deed is done. What if clinics weren't so easy to get to and have this done? what would she have done then at 16? do you think she would just have the baby? I doubt it. I think she would have seeked the next best thing and search for who can do it for her.

Originally posted by janeeng
Though this may be true, and your Wife I am sure would NOT allow this, there have been MANY girls that have gone and had the old hanger done, look back! I don't believe in it at all, but, this is a subject that I truly am quite familiar with and know what some will do and the lengths they will go to do it.

Just recently, I had a student of mine, 16 years old, come and tell me she's pregnant - she needed $300 - of course, I knew why she needed that money, run right to a clinic. He Mom didn't know, she wouldn't tell her. I tried to talk to her, nothing worked. 3 weeks later, the deed is done. What if clinics weren't so easy to get to and have this done? what would she have done then at 16? do you think she would just have the baby? I doubt it. I think she would have seeked the next best thing and search for who can do it for her.

Where are the many girls? Maybe if the abortion wasn't so easy, she'd have been FORCED into telling her parents, who could have helped her set up an adoption. Perhaps if Abortion wasn't preached as 'the cure for pregnancy' she'd not even considered it. Perhaps if...perhaps if....To simply legalize something, just because a SMALL percentage of those who'd otherwise do it anyway is wrong. :-/

I hope your student heals because of her ordeal...emotionally. :-/

The thing being missed here is quite simple:

1. The Constitution and most religions make murder outright wrong.

2. The general scientific community has determined brain activity+heartbeat+nervous system functionality to be life (of a baby creature, we consider adults to need less)

3. A baby is just that by above definition at 7 weeks (actually less).

Ummmm.....Therefore, an abortion after 7 weeks in any capacity for any reason REGARDLESS OF EXCUSE OR CONVENIENCE is still by definiton, murder.

Coin it however you want, but it is what it is and nobody rational can deny.

btw, it should be 'Watch An Abortion'

I haven't clicked the link, btw...no desire. :(

I heard a very good conservative say something kind of jolting the other month (I think it was Joseph Sobran, formerly of National Review): "Isn't it pathetic the way traditional conservatives get strung along by 'conservative' politicians on the abortion issue? Do they really think abortion will ever be made illegal, or even heavily restricted? And yet these people keep handing votes to these politicians in return for assurances."

And I thought, holy crap. It's true. Abortion will NEVER be made illegal, at least in this regime. But there's always this dim conservative hope for some kind of change. But for abortion to be outlawed would take nothing less than the dismantling of the federal government.

That is a fact, people. Anyone want to challenge me on that?

Originally posted by William Joyce
I heard a very good conservative say something kind of jolting the other month (I think it was Joseph Sobran, formerly of National Review): "Isn't it pathetic the way traditional conservatives get strung along by 'conservative' politicians on the abortion issue? Do they really think abortion will ever be made illegal, or even heavily restricted? And yet these people keep handing votes to these politicians in return for assurances."

And I thought, holy crap. It's true. Abortion will NEVER be made illegal, at least in this regime. But there's always this dim conservative hope for some kind of change. But for abortion to be outlawed would take nothing less than the dismantling of the federal government.

That is a fact, people. Anyone want to challenge me on that?

The reality is that it will never be illegal, nor fully legal. The reason is that everytime the debate comes up, dollars change hands. Technology and time could never affect the delimma to create a 3rd outcome. If no progress can be made to cause MORE dollars to flow, it will always be a political football used to generate income.

And again, even if it were to become illegal, which I highly doubt, there will be other resources for girls/woman to go to. It is wrong, and I do believe to dmp that talking to girls before things like this happens is important, but that isn't always the case! and some get too scared to even think about telling their parents for shame and dissapointment. This issue was discussed once before, and I tend to think it will go nowhere. No, I won't watch it either. And yes, between week 2 and 3 there already is a heartbeat, that alone is life, and that alone is murder in my eyes.

This is my first reply. Hi all! Just wondering what you all think about this new law that makes it possible for a person to be tried for double murder is he kills a pregnant woman? I am pro life and I agree with the law. It seems like it would open some doors to the abortion laws-what do you think?

Originally posted by krisy
This is my first reply. Hi all! Just wondering what you all think about this new law that makes it possible for a person to be tried for double murder is he kills a pregnant woman? I am pro life and I agree with the law. It seems like it would open some doors to the abortion laws-what do you think?

I absolutly agree with that.
There was a case a few years back of a pregnant woman who went home drunk in her car. She crashed the car and killed her unborn child and was charged with manslaughter. Can you imagine her as a mother raising a child? Scarey thought.

I do believe in abortion and only for one reason - no one knows what sort of situation that woman is in to use abortion as a solution. Let her own heart and soul dictate what is best for her under whatever conditions she is in. Perhaps it was a rape? Perhaps her life would be in danger? No one knows the story behind each abortion. Sadly of course there are those that use it like a trip to a salon. I know a woman who had two within a year and it didn't phase her - yet she would protest like a madwoman, paint and all to anyone who would kill an animal for fur. Go figure human logic.

Originally posted by krisy

I think it's great. If a man assualts a pregnant woman, and she loses the child, fry him.

Who knows how it will affect existing laws about abortion. I believe they put in phraseology so that it would not apply to medical abortions performed by doctors.

I heard a funny yet sad response the other day to that issue:

The response was...."What is a guy doing beating up a pregnant lady in the FIRST PLACE?!?!"

Makes you think about where we are in our humanity.

Originally posted by NewGuy
The thing being missed here is quite simple:

1. The Constitution and most religions make murder outright wrong.

2. The general scientific community has determined brain activity+heartbeat+nervous system functionality to be life (of a baby creature, we consider adults to need less)

3. A baby is just that by above definition at 7 weeks (actually less).

Ummmm.....Therefore, an abortion after 7 weeks in any capacity for any reason REGARDLESS OF EXCUSE OR CONVENIENCE is still by definiton, murder.

Coin it however you want, but it is what it is and nobody rational can deny.

A fetus is a fetus until it is outside the womb. Viablity must be considered also. 25 weks is the current limit on vialbility outside the womb and even then, only a tiny fraction of those preemies survive any length of time.

A fetus is a fetus until it is outside the womb.
So killing it at 9 months along should be okay then?

25 weks is the current limit on vialbility outside the womb and even then, only a tiny fraction of those preemies survive any length of time.
Not quite. The odds are better than that. And even if they are not that good, if even one survived at that point (like this one at 21 weeks) then I don't see how it could still be justified. I know others would want overwhelming evidence before they will not allow a woman to have one that late, but I just need one example.

Here is some good info I found.

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
A fetus is a fetus until it is outside the womb. Viablity must be considered also. 25 weks is the current limit on vialbility outside the womb and even then, only a tiny fraction of those preemies survive any length of time.

And how the heck does that even mean anything as to wether we are talking about a live creature?

You are talking about stupid word definitions as described by a freakin' dictionary and I am showing you medical scientific fact that blows the entire argument clean out. I don't think anyone is dumb enough to think a fetus is a non-living thing based on a word definition when the criteria for a living being is altogether different.

The obvious issue here is that if the definition for a fetus regards it in such a way as to claim it is not alive, then obviously the definition or the way the word is used is wrong based on the higher criteria of the more global terminology. -ie: "alive".

Your regarding the time outside of the womb that survival is possible is completely irrelevant when taking into account the forementioned data and the simple fact that by your example, people on feeding tubes who are paralyzed yet breathe on their own and can move an eye are considered DEAD.

Forum List

Back