Wasting stimulus money

The huge mess we are in now was created under a government controlled by republicans.

It is not the democratic platform that created this mess it was teh republican platform that did.

Deregulation, war spending, tax cuts and lack of inforcement of the laws that did this.

Which party has all that in their platform?

Maybe you should go read the definition of partisan.

The huge mess we are in now was created under a government controlled by republicans.

It is not the democratic platform that created this mess it was teh republican platform that did.

Deregulation, war spending, tax cuts and lack of inforcement of the laws that did this.

Both parties. Again, remove the fog from your eyes and life will be a lot better than the bitterness that consumes.

BULLSHIT

the right did this to benifit the wealthy.

Its why they held up all the protections in the Gramm Leach Bliely act.

The allowed the banks to do whatever they wanted and made sure the parts of the bill that was aimed at protecting investors were never enforced until years later.

Okay..until 2010, we had a congress that was controlled by Democrats...House: Senate: Presidency. With a filibuster proof majority in the Senate.

What the hell happened?

Obama voted for the GOP bailout in Bush's final days and he signed the trillion dollar bail out into law. The DNC controlled the Congress during both his vote and his ratification.

Those are the facts and they are not in dispute.

Agreed.

The GOP. And....big deal. They were not in power anywhere until very recently:

White House 2000-2008 GOP
Congress 2006-2010 DNC
Senate 2006-Present DNC
White House 2008-2012 DNC
Congress 2010-2012 GOP

I don't need to; I have you.

Blind devotion is admirable in a dog; not a person.

tell me how the dem conrgess caused this mess?

The collapse started when?

The collapse started on February 3, 1913, and was solidified as inevitable on December 23, 1913, hun.

Last edited:
All that is is right wing talking points.

The crash happened because the Bush admin held up the protections written into Gramm Leach Bliely.

It is about as much detail as I can go into at this point but it really kicked off on 9/17/08 when the Commercial Paper market froze up. When you have a credit society; a freeze up in the credit market (i.e. Comm Paper) is like getting hit by the USS Iowa at short range.

The GOP had the white house
The DNC had the Congress

Both are culpable.

What caused the freeze up is, in essence, a deregulation of the SEC. Lehman Brothers went under and that caused the entire domino effect (AIG backed Lehman so AIG needed to bail out; Lehman was mixed up in toxic assets--bad real estate so the housing market took a hit; the psychology of Wall Street hasn't recovered, it goes on and on). Anyway, the rollback in regulation and the chummy atmosphere of the auditor/auditee was largely a GOP creation. But Congress does oversight.

Again, both are culpable.

The crash happened because the Bush admin held up the protections written into Gramm Leach Bliely.

I call Shenanigans. I bet you cannot describe In Your Own Words without any links why that alone would have caused the financial crisis.

And who signed it in the first place?

Last edited:
Check this out, from a column by Jonah Goldberg in the NY Post, talking about the president's jobs council meeting this week in North Carolina.

" For instance, you know where this jobs-council meeting took place? At Cree Inc., an LED lightbulb maker. Under the supposedly jobs-boosting stimulus, Cree received $5.2 million. According to Recovery.gov, that $5.2 million created 3.02 jobs. That's $1,716,171 per job. "

Don't know about you, but I call that wasteful spending.

Check this out, from a column by Jonah Goldberg in the NY Post, talking about the president's jobs council meeting this week in North Carolina.

" For instance, you know where this jobs-council meeting took place? At Cree Inc., an LED lightbulb maker. Under the supposedly jobs-boosting stimulus, Cree received $5.2 million. According to Recovery.gov, that $5.2 million created 3.02 jobs. That's $1,716,171 per job. "

Don't know about you, but I call that wasteful spending.

Cree, INC also ships jobs out to China...Why? Guess??

CASE STUDY< pdf

I call Shenanigans. I bet you cannot describe In Your Own Words without any links why that alone would have caused the financial crisis.

And who signed it in the first place?
I'll bet she can't either...and how far back it goes (at the risk of giving up a clue)...

Forum List

Back