Wasserman Schultz Takes Stand On Recall Results

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
I was looking at various results commentary this AM, and happened across this little piece on HuffPo of all places. Wasserman Schultz comments on Walker's decisive landslide victory in WI last night.

Wisconsin Recall Election 2012: Live Updates

"Despite the disappointing outcome of tonight’s election, there is no question that over the past year this recall effort sent a message to Scott Walker that his brand of divisive politics is offensive and wrong."
Apparently the people of WI disagree with her.

"And as we turn our attention to the fall, we will not cede an inch in Wisconsin to Mitt Romney who has been behind in virtually every single recent poll and who wants to go back to the same failed policies of the past from which Wisconsin is recovering."
Wait a second...
If WI is recovering, that must mean that Walker policies are working.
If WI is recovering, why the recall? Why waste the governments and peoples time and money, if the state was recovering?

I was looking at various results commentary this AM, and happened across this little piece on HuffPo of all places. Wasserman Schultz comments on Walker's decisive landslide victory in WI last night.

"Despite the disappointing outcome of tonight’s election, there is no question that over the past year this recall effort sent a message to Scott Walker that his brand of divisive politics is offensive and wrong."

I came into this thread expecting to make a comment about how Wasserman Schultz is an idiot and how her youngest daughter is a little shit brat of a spoiled twat who reflects the kind of sub-par and detached parenting that makes me too distrustful of someone to be willing to vote for them if I were a constituent. But I think that she probably has a valid point here, albeit framed in a vague manner intended to draw support based on inferred conclusions. The fact that the recall election even happened probably has indeed made it clear to Walker that his approach to his job sits very poorly with many people. He'll probably move forward understanding that in order to maintain public support he'll probably need to put forth a bit more effort to convince people of the value of his policies. Point = valid. Implied conclusions = exaggeration.

"And as we turn our attention to the fall, we will not cede an inch in Wisconsin to Mitt Romney who has been behind in virtually every single recent poll and who wants to go back to the same failed policies of the past from which Wisconsin is recovering."
Wait a second...
If WI is recovering, why the recall? Why waste the governments and peoples time and money, if the state was recovering?
[/QUOTE]

This applies just as equally to Obama. The nation is recovering, jobs are being created month after month, the nation as a whole has rebounded from a very powerful recession. Personally, I don't think it's rebounded enough. But to apply your reasoning, if the nation is recovering then Obama's policies are working. If they are working, why oust him in favor of Mitt Romney?

Where were the million signatories who signed the recall petition?

WI has spoken- they want more Walker- not Walker light.

Faulty generalization. Many people voted for Walker, many did not. There are probably a portion of people who support him who want him to make certain changes, and probably a portion of people who haven't supported him but will if he makes certain changes.

Faulty generalization. Many people voted for Walker, many did not. There are probably a portion of people who support him who want him to make certain changes, and probably a portion of people who haven't supported him but will if he makes certain changes.

You mean like how many do not support Obama and his agenda? So Obama should therefor take the 2010 election as a rebuke of his policies?

Come on, you're playing both ends against the middle here. The reason Walker was not recalled was because he is doing exactly what he campaigned on. The people in Wisconsin are seeing the results of less spending, that is being fiscally conservative.

With Walker you get what you see, he's not like most politicians that make promises to get elected then do what the party wants you to. Walker doesn't care who he pisses off, he sees what needs to be done and he does it. He has great ideas and follows through on what he says, a disappearing characteristic in most politicians today.

The majority of the people of Wisconsin are obviously pleased with what is happening and the recall was a bunch of Dems having a hissy fit because they didn't get their way. If you're not sure what a hissy fit is, just google it. My kids out grew their hissy fits when they were in Middle School.

You mean like how many do not support Obama and his agenda? So Obama should therefor take the 2010 election as a rebuke of his policies?

IIRC, Obama wasn't on any ballots in 2010. I don't know what you're trying to get at.

IIRC, Obama wasn't on any ballots in 2010. I don't know what you're trying to get at.

Obama was the sitting president at the time wasn't he?
Any "honest" person knows the elections were a referendom on Obama's administration.

Come on, you're playing both ends against the middle here.

Actually, I'm playing the middle against the absurdities of wingnuts on either side. I'm just trying to present a reasonably accurate perspective. Walker has emerged victorious, but that doesn't mean that Wisconsin, as a whole, is emphatically in love with everything Walker, as (not so) clever girl tries to imply, any more than the recall effort itself means that all of Wisconsin, as a whole, are standing at the ready to lead an armed overthrow of Walker's administration, as Wasserman Schultz tries to imply.

The reason Walker was not recalled was because he is doing exactly what he campaigned on. The people in Wisconsin are seeing the results of less spending, that is being fiscally conservative.

Perhaps. But by "the people" you really only mean marginal majority. Wasserman Schultz has a valid point, that this whole affair should be a sign to Walker that his public support is not exactly a sure thing. The problem is that she's implying more than the facts with her comments.

Walker doesn't care who he pisses off

So, understanding this, hopefully you can understand what I'm trying to say. His administrative approach has garnered him alot of passioned opposition. This whole affair has probably been a wake-up call to him, that his public support, even if holding a majority stake of the state, is still fragile.

Wait a second...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS0Dqz2P1sk]Recall - YouTube[/ame]

Obama was the sitting president at the time wasn't he?
Any "honest" person knows the elections were a referendom on Obama's administration.

Actually, I thought the elections were for individual members of the House, Senate, and various state offices. I know that I didn't vote for a single person in 2010 based on who was President at the time. I'd never do such a stupidly partisan thing, and I don't believe that most Americans would either.

notice how wausserman schulz aka "blabbermouth" never has made an appearance on O'Reilly?

I came into this thread expecting to make a comment about how Wasserman Schultz is an idiot and how her youngest daughter is a little shit brat of a spoiled twat who reflects the kind of sub-par and detached parenting that makes me too distrustful of someone to be willing to vote for them if I were a constituent. But I think that she probably has a valid point here, albeit framed in a vague manner intended to draw support based on inferred conclusions. The fact that the recall election even happened probably has indeed made it clear to Walker that his approach to his job sits very poorly with many people. He'll probably move forward understanding that in order to maintain public support he'll probably need to put forth a bit more effort to convince people of the value of his policies. Point = valid. Implied conclusions = exaggeration.

How is that the case? Walker won bigger now than he did when he was elected the first time......

If anything it shows Walker he has gained support...... He won with 57% of the vote. He won 60 of 72 counties -- yeah I would call that an ass whoopn'

Analysis: Lessons from the Wisconsin recall vote - chicagotribune.com

Last edited:

Wait a second...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS0Dqz2P1sk]Recall - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for sharing the video. Shows clearly how they immediately flip flopped on their own rhetoric.

Forum List

Back