Wasnt Me...shhh. it was the bipartisans..

Jeepers

Feb 11, 2008
Charleston SC
The buck stops nowheres near me... it was Clinton... WTF...

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush's budget chief blamed the faltering economy and the bipartisan stimulus package for the record $482 billion deficit the White House predicted for the 2009 budget year...President Bush inherited a budget surplus of $128 billion when he took office in 2001 but has since posted a budget deficit every year. View a history of the government deficits and surpluses »

The Bush administration has spent heavily on the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and faces a large budget shortfall in tax revenue in part because of Bush's tax cuts and a souring economy.

A Democratic point man on the budget, Sen. Kent Conrad of North Dakota, blasted the administration for its "reckless fiscal policies," blaming the president's tax cuts for driving the government into deficit and saying Bush "will be remembered as the most fiscally irresponsible president in our nation's history." Watch Conrad call the federal debt Bush's legacy »

Conrad, who chairs the Senate's budget committee, accused the president of "squandering" the surplus he inherited from President Bill Clinton and said the increased debt the government has taken on to cover the deficit has undermined the value of the dollar and hurt the overall economy.

"If they gave out Olympic medals for fiscal irresponsibility, President Bush would take the gold, silver and bronze," Conrad said. "With his eight years in office, he will have had the five highest deficits ever recorded. And the highest of those deficits is now projected to come in 2009, as he leaves office."

But a senior administration official says the budgetary problems stem from what he called inadequate defense, intelligence and homeland security resources that were handed down from Clinton.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/07/28/2009.deficit/index.html

And that really sucks because money is the most important thing in the world.

I get your sarcasm, but for the MILLIONS who DO believe it is, what happens to them if the shit hits the fan?

I mean, I'm prepared to be without the kind of money I'm used to, but what about those millions who aren't? That's the issue here, I think.

Forum List

Back