Wasn't Jillian Just Asking About Obama/Farrakhan?

jillian said:
I'm not happy about it. I'd be interested in hearing Obama speak to it. If he doesn't do a better job than Paul did in answering things like this, my feelings wouldn't be any different.

Answer your question?

Yes.

And K, if you posted about this already, I withdraw my query re: you.

I have been watching, and thus far:

1. Obama has distanced himself and
2. There has actually been some MSM coverage of this, but nothing approaching the RP treatment.

Of course all this stuff is delicious like cake batter ice cream to me. All the stupid starry-eye shit about how "race no longer matters" because we've a black and a woman running for president, and yet the biggest issues going are race and gender.

I KNOW what the Pastor said. I don't care about your take or any one elses. And it has nothing to do with what I posted. The church he belongs to is a segregationist church, if it were white people running the church you would be the FIRST to call them what they are.

...and all I asked for was a simple yes or no.

the only things you know about Trinity UCC is what the media and the right wing pundits have fed you.

If the media were saying something terrible about one particular catholic church and the pope himself took the time to come to that church's defense, I suppose you would not what to hear what he had to say either.

The head of the the oldest mainline protestant denomination in America came out strongly in defense of Trinity UCC, but you don't care what he said... because you don't really care about gaining any sort of perspective on anything. You only care for information that feeds and reinforces your preconceived notions and partisan prejudices.

I guess I really shouldn't be all that surprised, considering it's you.

the only things you know about Trinity UCC is what the media and the right wing pundits have fed you.

If the media were saying something terrible about one particular catholic church and the pope himself took the time to come to that church's defense, I suppose you would not what to hear what he had to say either.

The head of the the oldest mainline protestant denomination in America came out strongly in defense of Trinity UCC, but you don't care what he said... because you don't really care about gaining any sort of perspective on anything. You only care for information that feeds and reinforces your preconceived notions and partisan prejudices.

and what's there on their website, including their mission statement.

Yes.

2. There has actually been some MSM coverage of this, but nothing approaching the RP treatment.

Of course all this stuff is delicious like cake batter ice cream to me. All the stupid starry-eye shit about how "race no longer matters" because we've a black and a woman running for president, and yet the biggest issues going are race and gender.

I haven't seen anything about the Obama or RP things anywhere but on this board, to tell the truth. So neither is actually getting a ton of coverage.

Well, if you're a woman or you're black... having the first president who's either is a pretty cool thing. White men have been running things for a long time.

BULLSHIT, the pastor has spoken and "explained" his position. It is a position that if a white pastor supported you would be all up in arms about and a certain specific word would be used.

Hey MM.... I know UCC is a large and well established and respected church from the literature you forwarded me long ago...

I got the impression from the website each pastor can pretty much make up their own agenda and motivations and they can vary from parrish to parrish as long as they stay within certain boundries of the UCC.. Becuase of the limited supervision one wacky pastor could create guidlines for its parishioners that are left or right of center , which seems to be the case with the group Obamas mixed up in...

BULLSHIT, the pastor has spoken and "explained" his position. It is a position that if a white pastor supported you would be all up in arms about and a certain specific word would be used.

Obamas parrish is primarily black... and the pastor realizes that pride in ones race can help motivate his parishioners to set good example for others of the same race and rise obove the problems they face.... Who cares if he uses racial pride to motivate good deeds...

I teach my children to thank God and take pride in being white Americans... to set good example... and not to be afraid to let people know they act the way they do because as white men no other behavior is acceptable... I use race pride to motivate good behavior and hard work...

how do you know what the president of the UCC "explained" if you haven't read nor care to read what he said?

I teach my children to thank God and take pride in being white Americans... to set good example... and not to be afraid to let people know they act the way they do because as white men no other behavior is acceptable... I use race pride to motivate good behavior and hard work...

Um, you do realize that this warrants 'round-the-clock federal surveillance, don't you?

:cool:

Hey MM.... I know UCC is a large and well established and respected church from the literature you forwarded me long ago...

I got the impression from the website each pastor can pretty much make up their own agenda and motivations and they can vary from parrish to parrish as long as they stay within certain boundries of the UCC.. Becuase of the limited supervision one wacky pastor could create guidlines for its parishioners that are left or right of center , which seems to be the case with the group Obamas mixed up in...

except the president of the denomination is perfectly happy with and accepting of the mission of the Trinity UCC.

John H. Thomas, General Minister and President of the United Church of Christ:
"Our national offices in Cleveland, as well as other settings of the UCC, have been forwarded countless e-mails that obviously derive from a similar source. They contain misleading statements obviously meant to undermine the integrity of one of our most vibrant, mission-driven congregations."

"Trinity UCC is rooted in and proud of its Afrocentric heritage," Thomas said. "This is no different than the hundreds of UCC churches from the German Evangelical and Reformed stream that continue to own and celebrate their German heritage, insisting on annual sausage and sauerkraut dinners and singing Stille Nacht on Christmas Eve. Recognizing and celebrating our distinctive racial-ethnic heritages, cultures, languages and customs are what make us unique as a united and uniting denomination."

http://www.ucc.org/news/thomas-denounces-smear-1.html

except the president of the denomination is perfectly happy with and accepting of the mission of the Trinity UCC.

John H. Thomas, General Minister and President of the United Church of Christ:
"Our national offices in Cleveland, as well as other settings of the UCC, have been forwarded countless e-mails that obviously derive from a similar source. They contain misleading statements obviously meant to undermine the integrity of one of our most vibrant, mission-driven congregations."

"Trinity UCC is rooted in and proud of its Afrocentric heritage," Thomas said. "This is no different than the hundreds of UCC churches from the German Evangelical and Reformed stream that continue to own and celebrate their German heritage, insisting on annual sausage and sauerkraut dinners and singing Stille Nacht on Christmas Eve. Recognizing and celebrating our distinctive racial-ethnic heritages, cultures, languages and customs are what make us unique as a united and uniting denomination."

http://www.ucc.org/news/thomas-denounces-smear-1.html

Its clear to me Obamas pator is doing what he feels is best for his community, and Obama should not be held accountable for his pastors motivational tactics ... I respect him more for standing by his church instead of folding under a race card contaversey created by a hungry media...

Um, you do realize that this warrants 'round-the-clock federal surveillance, don't you?

:cool:
That would explain the van parked accross the street from my house....feds

Attachments

• $awesomefreecandyvan.jpg
    $awesomefreecandyvan.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 62
Yes.

WJ, I'm glad that you and your people (the racists) have come out and openly supported Ron Paul. I once supported Ron Paul. I liked what he had to say. Then the media caught wind of how he's going to get the racist vote. So I looked into it, and yes, it was true. Bigots love Ron Paul. That doesn't make him a racist, but it made me wonder why they loved him. Ends up, they loved him because he would give them footing to push their agendas of hate.

So any person without cognitive dissonance, aka not racists, has to question whether it's right to support a person that is supported by the least educated and most ignorant persons in our country. I think it's wrong to give aid to the black sheep of our society, so I can't justify voting for Ron Paul.

That doesn't make him a racist, but it made me wonder why they loved him. Ends up, they loved him because he would give them footing to push their agendas of hate.

WOW. Would you care to eleborate on how you came to this conclusion?

The government is the nemesis of hate groups. Paul plans on reducing all forms of government, which would result in more freedom (due to less gov. monitoring) for them to recruit new disciples.

Well if that's the reason you supposedly aren't supporting him anymore, than why were you originally?

Because that freedom, from less government monitoring, is his main tenet.

Besides, there's no law in this country that says you can't recruit "disciples" for hate groups, anyway. Paul's policy wouldn't make it any more easier, or LEGAL, than it already is.

You'd rather live like a Nazi regime, where the government tells you who you can and can't hang out with?

I mean shit, I don't even think Obama is about all that. You seem a little confused. No one's running for president right now on a policy of controlling people's right to express. At least not blatantly, anyway.

Forum List

Back