Washington's Real Maverick

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Often called the most honest man in Washington, Ron Paul, the unsinkable Congressman from Texas’s fourteenth district, has positioned himself as resident watchdog for the United States Constitution. Ron Paul holds a point of view that, although echoing the wording of our nation’s founding fathers, rings downright alien to the United States government of today.

Great article and interview with Ron Paul.

Full Article:
Ron Paul: Washington’s True Maverick Talks Bailouts, the United States Constitution and Re-Making the US Dollar - PR.com

Actually Foley is probably the real maverick. After all, how many US reps molest underage boys?

Know why Ron Paul is such a maverick? Because he supports things most intelligent people see as obviously fucking stupid.

Like total isolationism, for example.

Good article tho, huh ?

Kevin, thanks for posting that. Ron Paul has some ideas about foreign policy that I strongly disagree with, but I like his ideas on financial reform. I can see why he has a cult following.

Actually Foley is probably the real maverick. After all, how many US reps molest underage boys?

Know why Ron Paul is such a maverick? Because he supports things most intelligent people see as obviously fucking stupid.

Like total isolationism, for example.

You're not counting yourself with those intelligent people are you? Ron Paul doesn't preach isolationism, he preaches non-interventionism. Big difference.

Ron Paul's point continues to be that we spend more than we take in for revenue, yes?

Of course, he's right about that, no doubt.

So, how do we fix it?

Shall we discontinue paying all social security (and collecting it too, bear in mind) And if we do that, what about the obligations we have to those who have contributed to that insurance. Do they just lose it all or what?

Shall we stop spending money on our military?

No? Then what specifically do we do?

What is YOUR solution to this problem, folks?

I far as I understad it we can either tax people, print more money, or stop spending.

Show me your numbers, and please tell us how you think your solution will effect the nation as a whole.

Show us YOUR (or Ron's) plan.

Ron doesn't seem to offer a plan in that article, but I presume you Ron Paul supporters understand his grand plan better than I do. What is it?

Bear in mind that whatever you stop spending money on will have real world consequences, too, so try to imagine what those outcomes will be, too, and tell us how you plan is to deal with the fallout of the fix you come up with.

Last edited:
You're not counting yourself with those intelligent people are you? Ron Paul doesn't preach isolationism, he preaches non-interventionism. Big difference.

Sooo... under his leadership we would've never been involved in World War 1, 2, the Korean War, the original Gulf War or the NATO bombing of Serbia. Nor would be involved with Darfur. I think his international foreign policy ideas are idiotic.

He's also a classic libertarian. Legalize everything that's bad for you. Well fuck, why do we need laws then? This is why the true far right, libertarianism is about as dumb as dumb as the other far right, social conservativism.

Sooo... under his leadership we would've never been involved in World War 1, 2, the Korean War, the original Gulf War or the NATO bombing of Serbia. Nor would be involved with Darfur. I think his international foreign policy ideas are idiotic.

He's also a classic libertarian. Legalize everything that's bad for you. Well fuck, why do we need laws then? This is why the true far right, libertarianism is about as dumb as dumb as the other far right, social conservativism.

He explains his position on the World War's in that interview, maybe if you'd like to take a look at that? No, to all the others mentioned. His ideas are idiotic? So you agree with the current foreign policy that we should bankrupt our nation to protect Africa, Europe, and Asia?

If something's bad for you, then you probably shouldn't do it on those merits alone. But if you want to do it then who has the right to tell you that you can't, especially if you're not hurting anyone else? People smoke cigarettes and drink beer, and those are bad for them. Maybe we should try to outlaw them too? Too much time and resources are spent on drug related crimes that affects nobody but the person using the drugs. What's your stance on medical marijuana? Would you deny somebody weed if it raises their standard of living?

Ron Paul's point continues to be that we spend more than we take in for revenue, yes?

Of course, he's right about that, no doubt.

So, how do we fix it?

Shall we discontinue paying all social security (and collecting it too, bear in mind) And if we do that, what about the obligations we have to those who have contributed to that insurance. Do they just lose it all or what?

Shall we stop spending money on our military?

No? Then what specifically do we do?

What is YOUR solution to this problem, folks?

I far as I understad it we can either tax people, print more money, or stop spending.

Show me your numbers, and please tell us how you think your solution will effect the nation as a whole.

Show us YOUR (or Ron's) plan.

Ron doesn't seem to offer a plan in that article, but I presume you Ron Paul supporters understand his grand plan better than I do. What is it?

Bear in mind that whatever you stop spending money on will have real world consequences, too, so try to imagine what those outcomes will be, too, and tell us how you plan is to deal with the fallout of the fix you come up with.

I'll point you to his book, The Revolution: A Manifesto.

Forum List

Back