Washington State wildfires

Luissa

Annoying Customer
Sep 7, 2008
TARDIS
Very sad! I believe they even lost the high school.

"Two major power lines, one feeding Pateros and one feeding Winthrop and Twisp, have burned, causing a widespread power outage in the county, said Scott Miller, the county's emergency manager.

Most of the Methow Valley from Carlton to Mazama was without power after utility poles burned. The Methow Valley, about 180 miles east of Seattle, is a popular area for hiking and fishing.

As of early Friday, fire officials estimated the fire to be about 167,000 acres in size. That is nearly 9 times the size it was on Thursday night when the fire was reported to be just 18,000 acres in size. Crews also expect two wildfires in the area to eventually combine into one."
100 homes destroyed in Carlton Complex Fire | KING5.com Seattle

This is a picture at my house, this is how smokey it is from all the fires in Eastern Washington.
nyqejava.jpg

Very sad! I believe they even lost the high school.

"Two major power lines, one feeding Pateros and one feeding Winthrop and Twisp, have burned, causing a widespread power outage in the county, said Scott Miller, the county's emergency manager.

Most of the Methow Valley from Carlton to Mazama was without power after utility poles burned. The Methow Valley, about 180 miles east of Seattle, is a popular area for hiking and fishing.

As of early Friday, fire officials estimated the fire to be about 167,000 acres in size. That is nearly 9 times the size it was on Thursday night when the fire was reported to be just 18,000 acres in size. Crews also expect two wildfires in the area to eventually combine into one."
100 homes destroyed in Carlton Complex Fire | KING5.com Seattle

This is a picture at my house, this is how smokey it is from all the fires in Eastern Washington.
nyqejava.jpg

stay safe

I am fine here.
It is just a sad story, pateros isn't that big and it seems like they lost half of it.
The fire is 168,000 acres now. They are saying 3-4 fires combined into one and this one is suppose to combine with the one near Brewster.

My house is completely safe from fires, too many green yards between me and the forest up on the hill. The other half of my neighborhood could see a fire, but unlikely.

The crazy part is, August is usually the worst month for wildfires here.

Let's hope.
You can't even get to Seattle right now unless you go through Oregon.
I90 was closed yesterday and today due to a huge pile up and winds right by the Columbia.

Let's hope.
You can't even get to Seattle right now unless you go through Oregon.
I90 was closed yesterday and today due to a huge pile up and winds right by the Columbia.

Y'all might have gotten some attention if it wasn't for everything else going on.

that is crazy. i lived in OR for a while and remember a huge summer season once, hopefully this will contained soon.

and stay safe.

This is the first I have heard of these fires. Be safe.

It's not too close to me.
We had a fire near here a week ago but was contained after a day. We are headed north today to the lake. Thankfully, no fires near there... Yet.

Thankfully, the national guard has been called in to help the 600 already fighting it. I just feel bad for the people of Pateros and Brewster.
I guess the wind shifted and Brewster could be next.

Thankfully, the national guard has been called in to help the 600 already fighting it. I just feel bad for the people of Pateros and Brewster.

Prayers for those residents, living near forests has good AND bad points.

Prayers for those residents, living near forests has good AND bad points.

The problem is there is trees and brush. People think Washington is all like Seattle. Central Washington is hot and dry.

^^^ this one has some good photos.

Last edited by a moderator:
This one is crazy, because the sun technically hasn't even set yet.

Well I have to go get ready. Keep these people in your thoughts. It doesn't sound like it is getting better anytime soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back