Washington state here!

I remember wenatchee is a sister city with one in japan. Can't remember which one.

Yes I heard that too, and also Moses Lake . Since Japan Airlines used to be there..There are some Japanese who live here now. Many of us like the open country land in Central Washington and Wenatchee is a beautiful little town. Big cities are okay to visit but I could never live in one.

Believe it or not, when my family moved into Federal Way, there were cows. Now we're a big city, well, not compared to Japan though. I had to laugh when Tachi told us that Nigata was in the country side and a small town of only 200,000 people.

Yeah that's why I don't live there anymore..I'm glad to wash my hands of that over-crowded mess. Shizuoka was the only place I could tolerate for that long.

Yeah that's why I don't live there anymore..I'm glad to wash my hands of that over-crowded mess. Shizuoka was the only place I could tolerate for that long.

I would love to live in Japan. It's so clean. And the people there are really nice. But what is with those scarecrows? Doll heads on sticks...it looked like something out of a Stephen King movie. :lol:

I would love to live in Japan. It's so clean. And the people there are really nice. But what is with those scarecrows? Doll heads on sticks...it looked like something out of a Stephen King movie. :lol:

Well you've probably only seen most of the cleaner areas that's why lol that's not entirely true..I'd say Wenatchee is as clean as Shizuoka was. The 5 second rule wouldnt apply here.

Right on. Seahawk fan here as well. what do you think about senate candidate James "Skip" mercer? He's most likely to get my vote.

He is a Reagan Conservative, that right there means I am not voting for him. Plus I am sick of these west side cons ignoring Eastern Washington.

I hear you on that. I'm guessing you're going for clint Didier?

He does have roots as a eastern washington farmer, but I still don't agree with him either on most issues. :D

supposed to get about 85 today pretty nice weather..and then creep back up in the 90s later this week..and the wildfires look like they're contained..but Wildfire season has just begun though. More thunderstorms they said this week again..those are usually what cause them..because it gets so dry out here. Wenatchee's climate is very similar compared to some parts of Shizuoka in Japan. (Which is where i'm from) Shizuoka can get humid sometimes though...thats why I love living here..there's no humidity almost never

I've been to Shizuoka. I have friends there. They took us to a Japanese Onsen <sp?>

It was wonderful. Shizuoka is a beautiful place. I was real impressed with the way they plant the green tea going sideways up the mountains, using every space they can. Wouldn't mind getting some of that green tea today. Best green tea in the world comes from there, at least as far as I'm concerned.

so you're in federal way? ah you are on the ''other side of the mountain'' as they say. I work for the Wenatchee National Forest at a local office as a bookkeeper and do budgeting and other financial duties. I am told I am the first foreign woman to work for them.
I haven't been to Wenatchee since I was in junior high, I need to go for Apple Blossom sometime. It is also good to see someone from Washington who lives on this side of the mountain.

I've been to Shizuoka. I have friends there. They took us to a Japanese Onsen <sp?>

It was wonderful. Shizuoka is a beautiful place. I was real impressed with the way they plant the green tea going sideways up the mountains, using every space they can. Wouldn't mind getting some of that green tea today. Best green tea in the world comes from there, at least as far as I'm concerned.

so you're in federal way? ah you are on the ''other side of the mountain'' as they say. I work for the Wenatchee National Forest at a local office as a bookkeeper and do budgeting and other financial duties. I am told I am the first foreign woman to work for them.
I haven't been to Wenatchee since I was in junior high, I need to go for Apple Blossom sometime. It is also good to see someone from Washington who lives on this side of the mountain.

Apple blossom festival isn't what it used to be..too many cops bustin up the night life so it's really died away.

Did you guys see the manager of the Mariners was fired today?

I dont think Wakamatsu should of been fired..It doesn't matter who would take over..if they dont have some thump in that bat, then it doesn't matter..You can tell he had no control over the team at the beginning of the season..that's why I hate northwest sports..they're all LOSERS. Personally I'll stick with Huskies football and the Dallas Cowboys..Screw the Seahawks! Pete Carroll won't do anything with that team..everyone knows he's only there to avoid the sanctions from USC.

Been back to the Great Northwest to visit and would not mind heading back one day to live there or (worst case) retire in or around Seattle.

I'm not a Seahawks fan but its clear to see why Pete Carroll is the coach. He's been mediocre in the pros at best. He only left to avoid those sanctions in USC. In Japan the most popular teams are (get ready for this) The Raiders, and Cowboys. I went to UW so the Huskies and Mariners are the only NW teams I actually pay attention to.

College football is also played in Japan. Similar to most of the Division 1 teams play. here's a video below demonstrating that: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJXSovoe9sM]YouTube - &#x202a;American Football in Japan- The Rice Bowl, Tokyo Dome 2/2&#x202c;&lrm;[/ame]

Forum List

Back