Washington State and Colorado legalize recreational marijuana. I'm moving!

R

rdean

Voters a continent apart made history Tuesday on two divisive social issues, with Maine and Maryland becoming the first states to approve same-sex marriage by popular vote while Washington state and Colorado legalized recreational use of marijuana.

The outcomes in Maine and Maryland broke a 32-state streak, dating back to 1998, in which gay marriage had been rebuffed by every state that held a vote on it. They will become the seventh and eighth states to allow same-sex couples to marry.

Two states vote to legalize gay marriage; two more legalize pot - DailyHerald.com

Two incredibly big events, truly nation changing that no one is discussing.

Denver will get alot of tourism dollars out of this.

They will also pave the way for other states after they deal with their laws coming up against federal law.

test states for whats about to happen

descheduleing MJ on the federal level

Denver will get alot of tourism dollars out of this.

They will also pave the way for other states after they deal with their laws coming up against federal law.

test states for whats about to happen

descheduleing MJ on the federal level

This could lower our prison population and deal a heavy blow to drug cartels. Not to mention the few fights people get into when using pot and not drinking. Instead of "here's my fist", it's "hand me the cheese nachos".

Something passed here in the city of Grand Rapids too, but I'm not up on all the details as I don't live in the city so it wasn't on my ballot. All I know is it's been decriminalized to some extent or other.

So if anyone doesn't feel like moving as far west as CO or WA, this part of MI is a great place to live.

Voters a continent apart made history Tuesday on two divisive social issues, with Maine and Maryland becoming the first states to approve same-sex marriage by popular vote while Washington state and Colorado legalized recreational use of marijuana.

The outcomes in Maine and Maryland broke a 32-state streak, dating back to 1998, in which gay marriage had been rebuffed by every state that held a vote on it. They will become the seventh and eighth states to allow same-sex couples to marry.

Two states vote to legalize gay marriage; two more legalize pot - DailyHerald.com

Two incredibly big events, truly nation changing that no one is discussing.

I agree that these social changes have more complicated impact on the society than most people seem to think.

These outcomes are, I suspect, harbingers of even more massive social changes that will be happening in areas like economics and civil rights.

New Topics

Forum List

Back