Washington Post: Trump isn't terribly concerned about being unpopular

"Some of the things I'm doing probably aren't popular, but they're necessary for security and for other reasons," Trump said.

That right there suggests all of Trump's bluster about how every negative poll is "fake news" is just that — bluster. But it also reveals something else about Trump: He isn't terribly concerned about being unpopular. All he truly feels the need to do is keep his base happy.

And he's doing just fine on that count.

A new poll from the Pew Research Center shows Trump's GOP base, if anything, is slightly happier than many other recent presidents' bases have been. For all the talk about how Trump's approval ratings are the lowest for a new president in modern history and all of the increasingly public hand-wringing by elected Republicans, actual GOP voters are still very much onboard the Trump train.

Fully 84 percent of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents approve of Trump right now. Of the last six presidents, only Barack Obama was in better shape with his base the month after his inauguration, with 86 percent of Democrats and Democratic-leaners. Both Bushes were at 82 percent, and Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan were slightly under 80 percent.

Analysis | Donald Trump is doing AOK with the only people he cares about
If there is one thing our most recent election proved...it's the myth of the middle. Hillary made a play for the non-existent middle and lost the election. Trump moved far right, energized his base, and won the presidency.

By keeping his base happy, he all but ensures retained control of the Senate in 2018. We've all seen the map...

View attachment 112907

...and the House? The Dems are in such disarray, they don't know where to start. With a counties map that looks like this...

View attachment 112910

...saying the chance are slim is an understatement...

As long as Trump continues to keep his base happy, he keeps control of the Senate and the House, and he doesn't need bi-partisan support...

IOW, it's going to be a long, long four years for Democrats...

newman-maps-980.jpg

Your map is incredibly misleading. America is an urbanized country, so people are concentrated.

DEAR LEFTIES:

You are still monkeying around with this Bullshit?

I had no Idea New York City Dictated Law and National Policy and Picked who is President for

Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Ohio, The Whole State of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, Maine, & New Hampshire, and Florida.

I also did not know that Los Angelos rules over the rest of the country and dictates Law, and who our President will be to

Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico and the Entire State of California.

Lastly I was unaware that the Powerful city of Chicago tells Michigan, Minnesota, Iowa, and Illinois what to do every day.

Lefty Delusions State that Three Cities get to tell 50 States what to do?

No, Dumbass, this is why we have an Electoral College so that The United States of America is not destroyed by Powerful City States with Narrow Special Interests that would disenfranchise most of America.

The States, and Every County in America has a voice in how they are governed, and sheer population no matter how dense in just 3 cities, or 10 or 15 does not get to Dictate to 85% of the Country.

But Lefties are Fascists, so this apparently is a dream for them. No wonder they import illegals in to their cities....they think they can overwhelm 85% of the country by sheer numbers by just a handful of Sanctuary Cities.

If you are trying to tell me, you think it is right and proper for Los Angelos, California, and New York to Lord over all of our states, and 85% of this Great Country of ours, you need to move the phuck out of my county and move to LibPhuckistan.

You obviously are a subversive useful idiot and fascist who does not believe in equal representation of the states in the Federal Government.

You don't like our system of government, then you can get the phuck out and move to Cuba.

Right, better that 80,000 people in Michigan and PA tell our country what to do than 3 million people elsewhere, right?

See if you can make THAT sensible.

It doesn't really matter who wins, so long as the process is not rigged. Given Comey's performance, I don't think we can say that in this election. And while 1960 was questionable, I don't think we've had anything truly comparable since 1824.

But there's nothing inherently wrong is giving smaller states more leverage. However, not awarding EV proportionally really can't be justified by anything other than partisanship.

Wyoming voters have 3.6 times the voting power of the average voter in the U.S. A Wyoming senator represents 300,000 people. A California senator (alone) represents 20 million. In no way is that democratic, or right.

"Some of the things I'm doing probably aren't popular, but they're necessary for security and for other reasons," Trump said.

That right there suggests all of Trump's bluster about how every negative poll is "fake news" is just that — bluster. But it also reveals something else about Trump: He isn't terribly concerned about being unpopular. All he truly feels the need to do is keep his base happy.

A new poll from the Pew Research Center shows Trump's GOP base, if anything, is slightly happier than many other recent presidents' bases have been. For all the talk about how Trump's approval ratings are the lowest for a new president in modern history and all of the increasingly public hand-wringing by elected Republicans, actual GOP voters are still very much onboard the Trump train.

Fully 84 percent of Republicans and Republican-leaning independents approve of Trump right now. Of the last six presidents, only Barack Obama was in better shape with his base the month after his inauguration, with 86 percent of Democrats and Democratic-leaners. Both Bushes were at 82 percent, and Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan were slightly under 80 percent.

If there is one thing our most recent election proved...it's the myth of the middle. Hillary made a play for the non-existent middle and lost the election. Trump moved far right, energized his base, and won the presidency.

By keeping his base happy, he all but ensures retained control of the Senate in 2018. We've all seen the map...

View attachment 112907

...and the House? The Dems are in such disarray, they don't know where to start. With a counties map that looks like this...

View attachment 112910

As long as Trump continues to keep his base happy, he keeps control of the Senate and the House, and he doesn't need bi-partisan support...

newman-maps-980.jpg

Your map is incredibly misleading. America is an urbanized country, so people are concentrated.

DEAR LEFTIES:

I had no Idea New York City Dictated Law and National Policy and Picked who is President for

Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Ohio, The Whole State of New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, Maine, & New Hampshire, and Florida.

I also did not know that Los Angelos rules over the rest of the country and dictates Law, and who our President will be to

Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico and the Entire State of California.

Lastly I was unaware that the Powerful city of Chicago tells Michigan, Minnesota, Iowa, and Illinois what to do every day.

No, Dumbass, this is why we have an Electoral College so that The United States of America is not destroyed by Powerful City States with Narrow Special Interests that would disenfranchise most of America.

The States, and Every County in America has a voice in how they are governed, and sheer population no matter how dense in just 3 cities, or 10 or 15 does not get to Dictate to 85% of the Country.

But Lefties are Fascists, so this apparently is a dream for them. No wonder they import illegals in to their cities....they think they can overwhelm 85% of the country by sheer numbers by just a handful of Sanctuary Cities.

If you are trying to tell me, you think it is right and proper for Los Angelos, California, and New York to Lord over all of our states, and 85% of this Great Country of ours, you need to move the phuck out of my county and move to LibPhuckistan.

You obviously are a subversive useful idiot and fascist who does not believe in equal representation of the states in the Federal Government.

You don't like our system of government, then you can get the phuck out and move to Cuba.

Right, better that 80,000 people in Michigan and PA tell our country what to do than 3 million people elsewhere, right?

It doesn't really matter who wins, so long as the process is not rigged. Given Comey's performance, I don't think we can say that in this election. And while 1960 was questionable, I don't think we've had anything truly comparable since 1824.

But there's nothing inherently wrong is giving smaller states more leverage. However, not awarding EV proportionally really can't be justified by anything other than partisanship.
lol One excuse after another for Clinton losing. Comey reported to Congress as he was required by law to do, and members of Congress gave the story to the media. Congress was carrying on an investigation of Clinton's emails and required the FBI to keep it advised of any new developments. It is outrageous to suggest Comey should have violated the law to protect Clinton. Where's the outrage over Loretta Lynch conspiring with Bill Clinton to cover up criminal actions of Clinton's staff over her server? Where is the outrage over Loretta Lynch giving immunity to Clinton's top staff for all crimes committed in relation to the cover up?

View attachment 112907

View attachment 112910

newman-maps-980.jpg

DEAR LEFTIES:

lol One excuse after another for Clinton losing. Comey reported to Congress as he was required by law to do, and members of Congress gave the story to the media. Congress was carrying on an investigation of Clinton's emails and required the FBI to keep it advised of any new developments. It is outrageous to suggest Comey should have violated the law to protect Clinton. Where's the outrage over Loretta Lynch conspiring with Bill Clinton to cover up criminal actions of Clinton's staff over her server? Where is the outrage over Loretta Lynch giving immunity to Clinton's top staff for all crimes committed in relation to the cover up?
No excuse, butterfly. I didn't vote for her. But any reasonable objective of the EC is still preserved by allocating EV in states by proportional voting. And I have no idea if that would have affected the outcome.

newman-maps-980.jpg

DEAR LEFTIES:

No excuse, butterfly. I didn't vote for her. But any reasonable objective of the EC is still preserved by allocating EV in states by proportional voting. And I have no idea if that would have affected the outcome.
You may not have voted for her but now you are feasting on bullshit excuses for her loss. The states can split their EC votes if they want to, but only Nebraska and Maine choose to do so.

DEAR LEFTIES:

You may not have voted for her but now you are feasting on bullshit excuses for her loss. The states can split their EC votes if they want to, but only Nebraska and Maine choose to do so.

I think California should lead by example and divide their electoral votes proportionally. :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back