Washington Post On Palin Scandal

"I believe that someday we are going to have a woman president, possibly during my life, and I've often thought the best way to pave the way for this was to first nominate and elect a woman as vice-president. But I think Mondale made a serious mistake when he picked Geraldine Ferraro as his running mate. In my view, he guessed wrong in deciding to take a congresswoman that almost nobody had ever heard of and try to put her in line for the presidency ... I don't know who among the Democrats might have been a better choice, but it was obvious Mondale picked Geraldine Ferraro simply because he believed there was a 'gender gap' where I was concerned and she was a woman."

--Ronald Reagan

Aside from everything else, I am bothered by her flip flop on whether she supported the bridge to nowhere. She made it sound like she opposed it from the start, when in fact she did not.

Here's what she told the Anchorage Daily News on October 22, 2006, during the race for the governor's seat (via Nexis):

5. Would you continue state funding for the proposed Knik Arm and Gravina Island bridges?

Yes. I would like to see Alaska's infrastructure projects built sooner rather than later. The window is now--while our congressional delegation is in a strong position to assist.

Did Palin Really Fight The ?Bridge To Nowhere?? - The Plank

I don't care if the damn bridge got funded or not, but she flip flopped, in her very first national speech, on an issue of not-much-concern to many americans, so why did she even bring it up as something she opposed ie as a reform credential?

McCain made a bad choice. Choosing Palin does not 'put country first.'

Aside from everything else, I am bothered by her flip flop on whether she supported the bridge to nowhere. She made it sound like she opposed it from the start, when in fact she did not.

Did Palin Really Fight The ?Bridge To Nowhere?? - The Plank

I don't care if the damn bridge got funded or not, but she flip flopped, in her very first national speech, on an issue of not-much-concern to many americans, so why did she even bring it up as something she opposed ie as a reform credential?

McCain made a bad choice. Choosing Palin does not 'put country first.'

But...but...but...she's the most popular governor in America!

*Sorry, on Larry King last night he had some Republican dingbat on that kept screeching that line out again and again. I was thinking, what the hell is she talking about? No one even know anything about her.

This doesn't even come close to qualifying as a scandal, a soap opera yes, but not a scandal. The attacks on Obama are petty, but by comparison she's squeeky clean. The Obamans on the board should do themselves a favor and stick with McCain until a Palin sex tape emerges.

until a Palin sex tape emerges.

Oh, dude, hot.

Miss%20Wasilla%201984.jpg

Forum List

Back