Washington Post: Mitt Romney Tax Plan 'Garbage'

Lakota, I wouldn't merge the tax issue and the Medicare plan. Ryan is right on that one and anyone who is listening knows Obama thinks so also. He was more than willing to take on Medicare as part of the grand compromise. The fact they are using it now is just politics.

The Romney/Ryan Medicare plan ties into their balanced budget rhetoric - which also includes taxes. So, they are all commingled.

So Saigon to your credit it is not apparent which plan you favor and why. For me both will increase the deficit and neither will drive jobs in todays model. The effect of eliminating capital gains is highly negative IMHO and it seems ridiculous millionaires like Romney should be paying around 13% total across income and payroll while the average citizen is paying around 40%.

It seems like the middle class is already reeling and the government isn't helping. While I don't like Obama's plan, I dislike it less than Romney/Ryan's plan.

Indeed - Romney's "plan" doesn't seem to exist yet, but from what we know about it, it seems to be just another plan to help the super rich become even richer. I think this would be disastrous for working and middle class familes, and ultimately disastrous for America as a society.

Obama's plan isn't what I would do myself - I'd rather see a nationwide VAT implemented, raise income from shares to a level close to the level of income tax, and reduce corporate taxes slightly.

But Obama's plan at least makes sense. It doesn't seem to be a step backwards, anyway.

So Saigon to your credit it is not apparent which plan you favor and why. For me both will increase the deficit and neither will drive jobs in todays model. The effect of eliminating capital gains is highly negative IMHO and it seems ridiculous millionaires like Romney should be paying around 13% total across income and payroll while the average citizen is paying around 40%.

It seems like the middle class is already reeling and the government isn't helping. While I don't like Obama's plan, I dislike it less than Romney/Ryan's plan.

Indeed - Romney's "plan" doesn't seem to exist yet, but from what we know about it, it seems to be just another plan to help the super rich become even richer. I think this would be disastrous for working and middle class familes, and ultimately disastrous for America as a society.

Obama's plan isn't what I would do myself - I'd rather see a nationwide VAT implemented, raise income from shares to a level close to the level of income tax, and reduce corporate taxes slightly.

But Obama's plan at least makes sense. It doesn't seem to be a step backwards, anyway.

Are you an American citizen? I see you are in Finland, are you finished?...:D

ryan-seniors-6n.jpg

Lakota, I wouldn't merge the tax issue and the Medicare plan. Ryan is right on that one and anyone who is listening knows Obama thinks so also. He was more than willing to take on Medicare as part of the grand compromise. The fact they are using it now is just politics.

The Romney/Ryan Medicare plan ties into their balanced budget rhetoric - which also includes taxes. So, they are all commingled.

One is revenue and their your on the right track. The other is spending and you aren't looking at the numbers if you don't think Medicare needs to be reformed.

I had an interesting chat with a Republican friend of mine who did well in the Internet stock boom and is now a business broker and runs in the big money circles. He is convinced the wall street guys are trying to buy policies they know will be favorable for them but had for the country in terms of jobs. He is totally disgusted.

One is revenue and their your on the right track. The other is spending and you aren't looking at the numbers if you don't think Medicare needs to be reformed.

I had an interesting chat with a Republican friend of mine who did well in the Internet stock boom and is now a business broker and runs in the big money circles. He is convinced the wall street guys are trying to buy policies they know will be favorable for them but had for the country in terms of jobs. He is totally disgusted.

Revenue isn't the answer.
Anyone with an attention span greater than a goldfish knows that the more money DC brings in, the more they spend.
And it's NEVER used towards the debt.

At this stage of the game cutting spending is the only answer

Forum List

Back