Washington Post : Iran shot down unmanned US spy plane along eastern border

While probably not the spark for all-out War,it still isn't a good thing. The Chinese & Russians will be involved in examining it thoroughly. It is a bit of a blunder.

Republicans can't complain here because they have been begging for war with Iran for years.
Democrats need to own this as Obama is the commander in chief.
Libertarians are the only ones that have a real reason to complain, as they are the only ones with a real non-interventionalist belief.
Seriously aren't you guys tired of all the wars yet? Because as far as I can tell the repub and dems only seem to complain when the other side does it.

Don't worry about our technology falling into the hands of China and Russia, they already have it.

From Yahoo:
The United States Air Force acknowledged in October that a computer virus had infected the computer system at Creech Air Force base in Nevada that is used to remotely operate Predator and Reaper drones. However, the Air Force described that infection as a mere "nuisance," that had not interfered with the ability to operate or fly the drones.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/envoy/computer-virus-found-u-drone-nuisance-not-operational-165447882.html

"Senior defense and intelligence officials said Iranian-backed insurgents intercepted the video feeds by taking advantage of an unprotected communications link in some of the remotely flown planes' systems," the Journal report said. "Shiite fighters in Iraq used software programs such as SkyGrabber -- available for as little as $25.95 on the Internet -- to regularly capture drone video feeds, according to a person familiar with reports on the matter."
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/envoy/isaf-u-spy-drone-iran-claims-brought-down-195224233.html

This is a little to convenient for a prize possession of superior design be take down by inferior communications or non encrypted communication methods. I can't believe the designers would cut corners military com when we know they have back up redundancies build with in.

Nevertheless, this situation isn't good especially since the dollar is being threatened by other currencies and emergence of gold currencies.

I don't think 5 wars are enough, better make it 6! I love the comments:
Why don't the Iranians understand they are suppose to bend over and take it?

May be US spy thought it was PAKISTAN western border..........LoL

Come on man, we can afford them. It's not like we are a quadrillion dollars in a hole , it 's just 15 TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTrillion. And the zionists deserve it.

I don't think 5 wars are enough, better make it 6! I love the comments:
Why don't the Iranians understand they are suppose to bend over and take it?

May be US spy thought it was PAKISTAN western border..........LoL

Come on man, we can afford them. It's not like we are a quadrillion dollars in a hole , it 's just 15 TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTrillion. And the zionists deserve it.

It's "the game", the big banks cry wolf and just like pavlovs dog ,the people we vote in, spend more of our tax dollars and speaking of the devil ol tim piza zhit gietner is going to bail out italy with, you guest it, our tax dollar as if we invented the endless fucking money tree.

Gietner just tighten up the spring of kaos soon to happen to pizz off russia and china. in fact china and russia are still pist off on the IAEA report on iran for china/russia getting caught selling nuke/high tech weaponry.

and we are VERY vulnerable and spread thin.
Bring all our troops home secure our borders and then let it be know as every other country does if you mess with us we will mess with you!

We are not spread to thin. Iraq is over. Libya & Yemen are done. We are now winning the Afghanistan, Pakistan, Taliban wars since we killed Osama & with the intel we gathered from his compound in the raid! That said we missed our chance to support the Rebels in Iran over 6 months ago when they rose up against Ahmadinejad.

While probably not the spark for all-out War

We're getting closer though. If we keep poking at them, eventually we can get them to strike back hard enough and then we can be like oh my god why would they do such a horrible thing to us they're EVIL we need to NUKE THEM!

Putting aside the comments from the anti-semitic scumbags here :eusa_hand:...

That's why they are unmanned. Even if true they are expendable.

Forum List

Back