Washington Post claims that Thomas Jefferson held White House Ramadan dinner

Not surprising that Brietbart lied.

Follow the links.

Also not surprising that trump isn't. As he has so often said, he's not the president of all Americans.

Jefferson hosted the new Muslim ambassador in 1805 during Ramadan season.

He changed the regular dinner time of 3:30pm to sunset to accommodate the ambassador's religious practice.

Nice of Jefferson.

Jefferson DID. It was in welcome to the first ambassador from a muslim country, Morocco. It was once, as a state dinner.

If you say so. But, nonetheless, Jefferson accommodated the ambassador's religious needs.

Jefferson also sent a nice little armada to deal with Barbary coast pirates and their "religious need" to rape and pillage ships travelling through the Mediterranean Sea.

If you say so. But, nonetheless, Jefferson accommodated the ambassador's religious needs.

It's called common courtesy. It was a tradition in those times.
And it also showed respect for the customs of the Muslims.

Yes. Common courtesy, as I said. The representative was already scheduled for dinner. Jefferson merely adjusted the time. It was not a specific celebration of Ramadan.

It did not obligate future presidents to have any such celebrations, nor is there any obligation to be "fair" and celebrate one thing simply because the president chooses to celebrate another.

Yes. Common courtesy, as I said. The representative was already scheduled for dinner. Jefferson merely adjusted the time. It was not a specific celebration of Ramadan. It did not obligate future presidents to have any such celebrations, nor is there any obligation to be "fair" and celebrate one thing simply because the president chooses to celebrate another.
If it was adjusted for the Ambassador's religious custom, then yes the administration celebrated Ramadan.

Yes. Common courtesy, as I said. The representative was already scheduled for dinner. Jefferson merely adjusted the time. It was not a specific celebration of Ramadan. It did not obligate future presidents to have any such celebrations, nor is there any obligation to be "fair" and celebrate one thing simply because the president chooses to celebrate another.
If it was adjusted for the Ambassador's religious custom, then yes the administration celebrated Ramadan.

:lmao:

I see you're thinking of a brick wall. A brick wall ...

Forum List

Back