Washington Navy Yard shooting - media hoax?

This thread devolved into personal attacks rather quickly.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised. Come to the debate empty headed what else ya gonna do?

Well Grampa, you know I'm one of the most laid back posters on these boards. But when I saw a posters try to make a political point and the bodies weren't even cold, it pissed me off.
This is a problem with boards that are loaded with folks from the extreme fringes,,they can't help themselves. Right after the shooting at the Connecticut school, folks from both sides of the aisle were trying to score political points.
What's wrong with people? Are they that overtaken by their ideology that they lose all decency?

Two points:

1) People react to situations differently. Deciding you don't want to discuss it yet would be reasonable. And easily implemented by not clicking on links that say "Washington Navy Yard" right in the title. On the other hand, your clicking on links that say "Washington Navy Yard" and informing us repeatedly we don't meet your standard of decorum, discussing politics on a political message board in a way you don't approve of, is massively arrogant. Grow up by going away and coming back when you're ready to discuss.

2) I have yet to ever see you say this to liberals, ever. So that you're level headed with us heathens generally and this time we crossed one of your lines is still massively hypocritical. Whining like this to liberals when they do it too would at least be consistent. I don't do that for anyone, I avoid threads I don't want to discuss. Wow, what I advocated. I'm consistent for a heathen.

So seriously, it's a political message board, grow up.

Last edited:
Says the convict who thanked the idiotic OP. Good for you.

His title is misleading but the premise behind it is solid.

Let me check again....

.....nope still an idiotic attempt at scoring points with a point that only reinforces the opposite of what he is trying to claim.

And you still "Thanked" it. And you know anything that a washed up convict agrees with has to have some inherent flaws to begin with.
Let's ask "white Hispanic" George Zimmerman what he thinks about people politicizing tragedies.

Let me check again....

.....nope still an idiotic attempt at scoring points with a point that only reinforces the opposite of what he is trying to claim.

And you still "Thanked" it. And you know anything that a washed up convict agrees with has to have some inherent flaws to begin with.

The opposite of his point would be a violation of the second amendment. Besides, the real idiots are the ones that blame the guns and not the underlying issues that lead to these situations.

You are dismissed

Not to mention we live in a country and a world fully of guns, the genie's out of the bag. Don't you like how liberals say we can't possibly keep pot away from people by outlawing it (they are right), but guns, keep them away from people by outlawing them!

23970225.jpg

This thread devolved into personal attacks rather quickly.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised. Come to the debate empty headed what else ya gonna do?

Well Grampa, you know I'm one of the most laid back posters on these boards. But when I saw a posters try to make a political point and the bodies weren't even cold, it pissed me off.
This is a problem with boards that are loaded with folks from the extreme fringes,,they can't help themselves. Right after the shooting at the Connecticut school, folks from both sides of the aisle were trying to score political points.
What's wrong with people? Are they that overtaken by their ideology that they lose all decency?

Two points:

1) People react to situations differently. Deciding you don't want to discuss it yet would be reasonable. And easily implemented by not clicking on links that say "Washington Navy Yard" right in the title. On the other hand, your clicking on links that say "Washington Navy Yard" and informing us repeatedly we don't meet your standard of decorum, discussing politics on a political message board in a way you don't approve of, is massively arrogant. Grow up by going away and coming back when you're ready to discuss.

2) I have yet to ever see you say this to liberals, ever. So that you're level headed with us heathens generally and this time we crossed one of your lines is still massively hypocritical. Whining like this to liberals when they do it too would at least be consistent. I don't do that for anyone, I avoid threads I don't want to discuss. Wow, what I advocated. I'm consistent for a heathen.

I stand by my initial reaction.
Secondly, I've received quite a few of my reps from the right side, why is that?
I'm sure you would have loved me when I tore into someone calling our troops "baby killers" during the initial invasion of Iraq when I was posting on The Atlantic's boards in 2003. I got banned for two weeks. I'm sure you can guess which side of the aisle that came from.
I will admit that I was emotional in my response, which is highly uncharacteristic of me. Maybe I have had it up to my neck with responses like yours to a tragedy and it just happened to be yours that finally set me off. Typically, I do leave USMB when I get upset by posts such as yours.
I'm not perfect by any stretch of the imagination and neither are you.

Two points:

Secondly, I've received quite a few of my reps from the right side, why is that?
I'm sure you would have loved me when I tore into someone calling our troops "baby killers" during the initial invasion of Iraq when I was posting on The Atlantic's boards in 2003. I got banned for two weeks. I'm sure you can guess which side of the aisle that came from.
I will admit that I was emotional in my response, which is highly uncharacteristic of me. Maybe I have had it up to my neck with responses like yours to a tragedy and it just happened to be yours that finally set me off. Typically, I do leave USMB when I get upset by posts such as yours.
None of us are brother.

What about providing some content to that other than repeating your inane ideology.

We have gun laws, it's illegal to commit murder, the only thing your liberal laws did was maximize the carnage.

It's also illegal to rape children. Are you advocating we abolish laws preventing child rape since people do it anyway?

Let me know when you're ready to discuss like a grown up.

You just compared gun owners with child molesters and ... you ... are inviting ... me ... to grow up? I don't give negative rep, but if I ever decide to, you're at the top of the list. I am a gun owner, I have a collection. As the oldest on both sides of my family they funneled to me from both sides. Oh, and fuck the shit out of you, asshole.

Lol you would think that's what I said. But if the shoe fits...

Not to mention we live in a country and a world fully of guns, the genie's out of the bag. Don't you like how liberals say we can't possibly keep pot away from people by outlawing it (they are right), but guns, keep them away from people by outlawing them!

yeah beat the shit out of that strawman! Keep it up Buster, you're really impressing your drooling buddies.

And Genie's come out of bottles, not bags.

So other than comparing us to child molesters, why don't you stop dancing and digging and address the question?

:dance:

:dig:

My solution, people should be able to defend themselves. How, in a world and a country full of guns, are you doing anything with gun laws other than making sure no one is shooting back? How many schools, universities, malls, cafeterias, parking lots and movie theaters need to get shot up for us to consider that maybe we can't keep guns out of the hands of murderers.

BTW, I checked. Where you think gun owners are like child molesters, protecting the former is in the Constitution, protecting the latter isn't. Maybe you should re-think your theory. Strike that, re-thinking by definition requires one to have been able to "think" in the first place.

I'm just surprised you're so open about being against child rape laws. I wouldn't be bragging about that slick.

Last edited:
His title is misleading but the premise behind it is solid.

Let me check again....

The opposite of his point would be a violation of the second amendment. Besides, the real idiots are the ones that blame the guns and not the underlying issues that lead to these situations.

You are dismissed

Dismiss the fact that there are 32,000 gun deaths a year in the US. By 2015, if present trends continue, gun deaths in the US will exceed auto deaths.

Let me check again....

You are dismissed

Dismiss the fact that there are 32,000 gun deaths a year in the US. By 2015, if present trends continue, gun deaths in the US will exceed auto deaths.

Please refrain from using common sense in this thread. There's no room for that sort of nonsense here.

yeah beat the shit out of that strawman! Keep it up Buster, you're really impressing your drooling buddies.

And Genie's come out of bottles, not bags.

So other than comparing us to child molesters, why don't you stop dancing and digging and address the question?

:dance:

:dig:

My solution, people should be able to defend themselves. How, in a world and a country full of guns, are you doing anything with gun laws other than making sure no one is shooting back? How many schools, universities, malls, cafeterias, parking lots and movie theaters need to get shot up for us to consider that maybe we can't keep guns out of the hands of murderers.

BTW, I checked. Where you think gun owners are like child molesters, protecting the former is in the Constitution, protecting the latter isn't. Maybe you should re-think your theory. Strike that, re-thinking by definition requires one to have been able to "think" in the first place.

I'm just surprised you're so open about being against child rape laws. I wouldn't be bragging about that slick.

You've sent more than one kid home crying from the playground, haven't you Skippy?

Maybe the first thing you do is mope when you hear about these mass shooting tragedies, but sick of government in violation of our Constitution as well as common sense doing everything it can to maximize the carnage by assuring every one of these nut jobs they will meet the absolute minimum resistance, even on a freaking military base.

Not one liberal has presented a plan other than to make even more sure that no one shoots back. There are millions of guns in the world and so many more ways to kill people, it's idiotic to believe gun laws could possibly work.

Yeah, I'm pissed, and I have no problem saying that.

Maybe the first thing you do is mope when you hear about these mass shooting tragedies, but sick of government in violation of our Constitution as well as common sense doing everything it can to maximize the carnage by assuring every one of these nut jobs they will meet the absolute minimum resistance, even on a freaking military base.

Not one liberal has presented a plan other than to make even more sure that no one shoots back. There are millions of guns in the world and so many more ways to kill people, it's idiotic to believe gun laws could possibly work.

Yeah, I'm pissed, and I have no problem saying that.

I agree, that is too bizarre to even imagine.

Forum List

Back