Washington Nationals going to the World Series for the first time

I remember watching Washington Senators games at RFK when I was kid. I know it's not the same franchise, but it's still cool that Washington is going to the World Series. :113:

I remember watching Washington Senators games at RFK when I was kid. I know it's not the same franchise, but it's still cool that Washington is going to the World Series. :113:
They'd prefer the Yanks probably , but they're down 2 - 1 to Houston right now.
That series could go seven. And yes they probably would prefer not to face Astros pitching.

The Nationals which were Montreal Expos finally made it to the Big Game... Yeah, they would prefer the Yankees not only a longer series but the rivalry would be epic... Too bad it was not the Blue Jay's instead... Anyhoo the Nationals will most likely be swept by the Stros but still Congrats to Dave Martinez and his team for beating the Red Birds and making it to the World Series...

The Nationals which were Montreal Expos finally made it to the Big Game... Yeah, they would prefer the Yankees not only a longer series but the rivalry would be epic... Too bad it was not the Blue Jay's instead... Anyhoo the Nationals will most likely be swept by the Stros but still Congrats to Dave Martinez and his team for beating the Red Birds and making it to the World Series...
And less jet lag. Houston's a little further jump away.

Congratulations ! :beer:

yeah pretty cool to see a team that hasnt been there.Gets tiresome seeing seeing the teams that are always in the playoffs go to world series all the time,yankees,astros,dodgers,ect ect. nice to see some NEW blood for a change.

There was a beloved sports announcer in Pittsburgh - "Bob Prince" by name - who had a theory about mini-trends that go against the general trend. He called it the "Hidden Vig." (I know the name makes no sense). It goes pretty much like this: The longer the mini-trend continues, the more likely in each coming case that it will be reversed.

So you have Justin Verlander, one of the best pitchers in this generation, who is 0-5 in WS starts. This is a mini-trend that goes directly against the general trend of his excellence. Do you see where I'm going with this?

According to the Hidden Vig theory, it is a near certainty that he will win his decision Tuesday evening, even though he is going up against another of this generation's best pitchers, Mr. S. Strasburg. And even though the visiting team has won all of the first five games of this series. In fact, that itself is a mini-trend going against the general trend.

You read it here first. Astro's in 6. It's a lock.

There was a beloved sports announcer in Pittsburgh - "Bob Prince" by name - who had a theory about mini-trends that go against the general trend. He called it the "Hidden Vig." (I know the name makes no sense). It goes pretty much like this: The longer the mini-trend continues, the more likely in each coming case that it will be reversed.

So you have Justin Verlander, one of the best pitchers in this generation, who is 0-5 in WS starts. This is a mini-trend that goes directly against the general trend of his excellence. Do you see where I'm going with this?

According to the Hidden Vig theory, it is a near certainty that he will win his decision Tuesday evening, even though he is going up against another of this generation's best pitchers, Mr. S. Strasburg. And even though the visiting team has won all of the first five games of this series. In fact, that itself is a mini-trend going against the general trend.

You read it here first. Astro's in 6. It's a lock.
With all due respect to JV, I just smell a game 7 coming.

Forum List

Back