Washington Anti-War Rally Overtaken By Pro-Troop Rally!

aps said:
I think it's great. It promotes awareness and free speech.

It also illustrates that mainstream sensible Americans are no longer intimidated by your liberal lies.

rtwngAvngr said:
It also illustrates that mainstream sensible Americans are no longer intimidated by your liberal lies.

Do you have anything positive to say about any of my posts, Avenger? What the hell is the matter with you? Buh-bye

aps said:
Do you have anything positive to say about any of my posts, Avenger? What the hell is the matter with you? Buh-bye

No. Not really. You're a lying, dishonest person who won't face arguments directly. You choose instead to mangle language to say you didn't say things.

aps said:
I think it's great. It promotes awareness and free speech.

I agree. Now don't you agree that this should be covered in the MSM, not just by 'right wing' blogs? Yet, the media fails the citizenry-except the exceptional that read more than normal.

Anyone else watching CSPAN and listening to the speakers at the Rally Against War in Iraq?

Right now is a Palestinian exile talking about Israel's apartheid war, and how the focus and attention has been diverted to Iraq.

Now an Israeli ex-soldier is speaking about refusing to fight in their war.

Oh..........the rally was organized by A.N.S.W.E.R. Coalition (Act Now to Stop War and End Racism).

Very interesting lesson.

Now the speaker is asking for donations to be made into the "red buckets" so they can pay the bills. LOL!! I get the impression people are getting restless because they want to march. I think the organizers are waiting to get more people and more donations in those little "red buckets".

Now there is another speaker.......Alexis Devaux....a poet.

Very important annoucement............another speaker, Gloria LaRiva.....representing the National Committee to Free the Five? She is saying that the US Government has been terrorizing those who want freedom and keeping Cubans out.

Wow...........if anyone wants to see what rabid radicals look like and sound like, watch CSPAN now.

kurtsprincess said:
Anyone else watching CSPAN and listening to the speakers at the Rally Against War in Iraq?

Right now is a Palestinian exile talking about Israel's apartheid war, and how the focus and attention has been diverted to Iraq.

Now an Israeli ex-soldier is speaking about refusing to fight in their war.

Oh..........the rally was organized by A.N.S.W.E.R. Coalition (Act Now to Stop War and End Racism).

Very interesting lesson.

I agree, here's a bit more on A.N.S.W.E.R:

http://oxblog.blogspot.com/2005_09_18_oxblog_archive.html#112754539242244920

OXBLOG WILL PROTEST THE WAR TOMORROW! Well, to be more precise, OxBlog will attend the anti-war protest at the White House tomorrow in order to conduct interviews with the protesters and possibly write an article about the whole affair.

Now, I mentioned earlier this week that pointing out the dumbest arguments made by extremists on the other side of the political divide is neither an enriching nor an intellectually substantive activity. However, since ANSWER is one of the main organizers of the protest tomorrow, I figure I should provide all y'all with some information about what the group believes.

One of the first things I learned from ANSWER (courtesy of Ten Reasons Why We Oppose the War) was that "Iraq had no nuclear weapons or weapons of mass destruction -- and Bush knew it."

But the real treasure trove of strange delusions and apologias for the worlds' dictatorships is this eight page brochure that you can download as a PDF from the ANSWER website. Here are some highlights:

The global anti-war movement must be a movement of international solidarity against the U.S. empire. (Page 2)

The Iraqi people have a fundamental right to determine their own destiny...Since 1958 when a mass uprising overthrew the British-imposed king, Iraq has been a genuinely sovereign country. (Page 2) [I wonder of the sovereign Iraqi government committed any human rights violations after 1958. Unfortunately, the brochure doesn't say!]

The US kidnapping of President Aristide follows more than a century of U.S. intervention in Haiti...Since the election of Aristide to a second term in late 2000, with 92% of the vote, Washington has maintained economic sanctions against the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere. (Page 3)[Wow, 92%. I bet ANSWER provided all of the elections monitors!]

From its inception in 1948, Israel has been a colonial state based on "ethnic cleansing"...[Israel] launched devastating wars against Egypt, Syria and Jordan. (Page 4)[That surprise attack on Yom Kippur in 1973 really took a lot of chutzpah!]

[The Cuban] revolution remains strong and is a source of inspiration for people throughout the hemisphere. (Page 6)

Korea has been punished ever since [1953] with economic sanctions and the occupation of the southern half of the country by 37,000 US soldiers. (Page 6) [Fortunately, the anti-US insurgency in South Korea hasn't inflicted too many casualties on our force.]

The [Bush] administration has launched a domestic war at home against the people of the United States that complements its global war for empire. (Page 7)[A war at home? Send the troops abroad now!]​

Well there you have it folks. ANSWER in a nutshell. And don't forget to free Mumia!

kurtsprincess said:
Now the speaker is asking for donations to be made into the "red buckets" so they can pay the bills. LOL!! I get the impression people are getting restless because they want to march. I think the organizers are waiting to get more people and more donations in those little "red buckets".

Red buckets huh? They aren't even trying to hide it anymore are they.

I love the pictures. especially the one of the hot former army girl. dang.

And I also like the "George Bush killed my sons" sign. Now that has to hurt.

..And I also like the "George Bush killed my sons" sign. Now that has to hurt.

Loved that one, too, Avatar. :thup:

IMG_3689-2005.09.23-23.06.17.jpg

Forum List

Back