Washing Machine....

I have a really old washer. Top loader. Still works though! I don't know how energy efficient it is. I bought it refurbished, so it was already old when I got it. I've had it for like 2 years. No problems with it. I would have to check to be sure, but I think it is a GE.

Shhh. :rolleyes: I'm going to get an old backup and stick it in the shed.

I've already had to rig the lid switch on this one. I had to on the last one, too, that one I did by jamming a stick into it.

This one, I had to cut wires. The newer ones have it in the lid hinge. :eusa_naughty:

Last time I bought a washing machine, it was already 20 years old, and lasted 20 more. The metal box did not. I went to move it and the metal box fell apart, leaving the tub standing there.

I have a really old washer. Top loader. Still works though! I don't know how energy efficient it is. I bought it refurbished, so it was already old when I got it. I've had it for like 2 years. No problems with it. I would have to check to be sure, but I think it is a GE.

I've already had to rig the lid switch on this one. I had to on the last one, too, that one I did by jamming a stick into it.

This one, I had to cut wires. The newer ones have it in the lid hinge. :eusa_naughty:

I have a shelf over mine, and I can't open the lid all the way because the shelf is in the way, so I have to hold it open with one hand while I fill it with clothes with the other. Maybe using a stick of some sort to hold up the lid is a good idea. :eusa_think:

I have a shelf over mine, and I can't open the lid all the way because the shelf is in the way, so I have to hold it open with one hand while I fill it with clothes with the other. Maybe using a stick of some sort to hold up the lid is a good idea. :eusa_think:

I'm thinking strap with hooks/bungee cord. Nail a web strap with a hook on it to the shelf, something like that.

I'm thinking strap with hooks/bungee cord. Nail a web strap with a hook on it to the shelf, something like that.

No, it would be easier to just stick a stick in there! :D That's actually a good idea! I don't know why I never thought of it!

No, it would be easier to just stick a stick in there! :D That's actually a good idea! I don't know why I never thought of it!

Your hand/clothes could knock a stick out easily. :eusa_dance:

Well, it's not as if it would decapitate me or anything! :D Believe me, I've dropped the lid on my own head before, trying to reach something. Lol!

Well, it's not as if it would decapitate me or anything! :D Believe me, I've dropped the lid on my own head before, trying to reach something. Lol!

I'm thinking finger pain is more likely.

I'm thinking finger pain is more likely.

Maybe, but not if I do it right. I think I could find a way to place it so it wouldn't fall out easily. Next time I do laundry!

Thanks for your concern about my fingers though! I still want to be able to do this! :2up:

:beer:

Beware of Samsung appliances. There was a major recall on the top loaders because the lid was flying off and injuries resulted.

Beware of Samsung appliances. There was a major recall on the top loaders because the lid was flying off and injuries resulted.
You mean like this?

I checked and it's a General Electric. :)

You mean like this?

These people have too much time on their hands obviously! :lol:

You mean like this?

That was epic!

Forum List

Back