Washing Away White Guilt

I currently work near an overseas military base and have many military people as neighbors in my building. I get paid to work overseas and to travel, as they do. However, they are the elite in the services. Your average GI in the military is blue collar and not bright enough to have gone to university, earned an advanced degree and have an officer's position in the military. I grew up in the working class. I knew a whole slew of boys in my high school who graduated and went into the military because they didn't have the wherewithal to go to college or get vocational training on their own. The military was their best bet. The majority of the military are like that: it's a pyramid structure with those at the bottom doing all the dirty work.
What an asshole.
I grew up in the military and served four years myself. Also have a university degree. Being in college or being an officer is not an indicator of intellect. They are disproportionately represented by people like you, smug and quite full of themselves, looking down others as their lessers.

You are wrong. Young blacks enter the military or the civil service because they know they cannot be discriminated against. They have fewer options than white youth because of discrimination. They join the military to find a career path because it is a good option for them. Possibly more whites who join the military do so because they are just not intelligent enough to get a good job or have any real options outside the military. Has absolutely nothing to do with courage.

Fuck you and your imaginary mind-reading powers, fool. I'd wager the average member of the armed forces is more intelligent than you are and many times more valuable as a citizen and a human being, you worthless shit.
Now who's being politically correct? :rolleyes:
I currently work near an overseas military base and have many military people as neighbors in my building. I get paid to work overseas and to travel, as they do. However, they are the elite in the services. Your average GI in the military is blue collar and not bright enough to have gone to university, earned an advanced degree and have an officer's position in the military. I grew up in the working class. I knew a whole slew of boys in my high school who graduated and went into the military because they didn't have the wherewithal to go to college or get vocational training on their own. The military was their best bet. The majority of the military are like that: it's a pyramid structure with those at the bottom doing all the dirty work.
Yep, an uneducated grunt in the military is my better. You bet. :rolleyes: ~About as much as you are my better, which is not at all.

What an asshole.
I grew up in the military and served four years myself. Also have a university degree. Being in college or being an officer is not an indicator of intellect. They are disproportionately represented by people like you, smug and quite full of themselves, looking down others as their lessers.
As my original post noted, there are those who use the military as a path toward betterment but not all, not most. Anyone who has the wherewithal to rise in the military will, which was my point about blacks--those who want to will because they are essentially federal employees and cannot be discriminated against. The majority of those in the military are there because they have no where else to go and they start at the bottom and stay at the bottom. If they had other options, they would take them, instead of risking their lives on foreign soil. The idea that educated people are not intelligent is a myth uneducated people tell themselves so they can feel superior, as they obviously need to do.

You are both back on ignore as of now. I find discussing anything with such idiots and trolls as you are beyond tiresome.

If they had other options, they would take them, instead of risking their lives on foreign soil.

Thanks for proving what an idiot you are, and how utterly devoid of any kind of character. You're an empty excuse for a human being, let alone a citizen. What a disgrace.

As my original post noted, there are those who use the military as a path toward betterment but not all, not most. Anyone who has the wherewithal to rise in the military will, which was my point about blacks--those who want to will because they are essentially federal employees and cannot be discriminated against. The majority of those in the military are there because they have no where else to go and they start at the bottom and stay at the bottom. If they had other options, they would take them, instead of risking their lives on foreign soil. The idea that educated people are not intelligent is a myth uneducated people tell themselves so they can feel superior, as they obviously need to do.

You are both back on ignore as of now. I find discussing anything with such idiots and trolls as you are beyond tiresome.
Good! I'll make sure I post what an asshole you are every time I see your arrogant condescending bullshit. The lowest grunt in the military is worth 100 of you. Bitch.

Furthermore, you have no business working on a military installation. If they knew how you really felt you'd be packing your bags.

You are wrong. Young blacks enter the military or the civil service because they know they cannot be discriminated against. They have fewer options than white youth because of discrimination. They join the military to find a career path because it is a good option for them. Possibly more whites who join the military do so because they are just not intelligent enough to get a good job or have any real options outside the military. Has absolutely nothing to do with courage.

Fuck you and your imaginary mind-reading powers, fool. I'd wager the average member of the armed forces is more intelligent than you are and many times more valuable as a citizen and a human being, you worthless shit.

Except she is dead on the money in her assessment. A ton of Black people go to the military due to lack of options and to escape the inner city. I saw very few intelligent whites while in the military compared with the general population. Most of them were dumb hicks and the lowest of the low in intelligence. Thats one of the reasons I left. It galled me to have anyone that dumb actually in charge of doing anything other than tying their shoes.

[QUOTE="Asclepias, post: 9891038, member: 44774

Except she is dead on the money in her assessment. A ton of Black people go to the military due to lack of options and to escape the inner city. I saw very few intelligent whites while in the military compared with the general population. Most of them were dumb hicks and the lowest of the low in intelligence. Thats one of the reasons I left. It galled me to have anyone that dumb actually in charge of doing anything other than tying their shoes.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure that was not just your personal perception at play? I met no one while I was in the service that I would considered less than average in intelligence black or white.

[QUOTE="Asclepias, post: 9891038, member: 44774

Except she is dead on the money in her assessment. A ton of Black people go to the military due to lack of options and to escape the inner city. I saw very few intelligent whites while in the military compared with the general population. Most of them were dumb hicks and the lowest of the low in intelligence. Thats one of the reasons I left. It galled me to have anyone that dumb actually in charge of doing anything other than tying their shoes.

Are you sure that was not just your personal perception at play? I met no one while I was in the service that I would considered less than average in intelligence black or white.[/QUOTE]

I'm not that hung up on intelligence because I know it comes in different forms. However, the vast majority of people I met in the military gave me the impression they could not make it in real life. Now that I really think about it I've worked as a security guard and that is about the level of natural intelligence that I saw in the military. I had some smart guys in my MOS but that is to be expected since it was in communications/electronics.

Please don’t take offense; that is not my intention. However, now I think you are making simplistic comments. People enter combat arms for many reason; consider this: While I was in the Air Force, I met a tech sergeant who had been in the Marine Corps and long distance reconnaissance. It was a very dangerous undertaking and took only volunteers. He said that he swore that very time he got in a fix he would never go on another mission, but he did. He stayed in it until he got he married. ( to the best of my memory ) I think he was addicted to the adrenaline and I suspect there are many like him in the combat arms.

Last edited:
I'm a white guy without a shred of white guilt. In fact, I'm not aware of any white person among my friends and whatnot that's afflicted with such guilt.

People who work hard in school, at their jobs, and take a responsiblie approach to life seem to do a lot better than others regardless of their race or anything else. It's attitude more than anything else IMO.

Are you sure that was not just your personal perception at play? I met no one while I was in the service that I would considered less than average in intelligence black or white.
To be fair, I did meet a few. But that's true anywhere. One guy was a new electrician in my shop. He was promoted to EM3 (Electrician's Mate third class) and the guy was so dumb he literally couldn't hook up a toggle switch. But they wanted more black electricians. I got out soon after and hoped nobody died.

Now who's being politically correct? :rolleyes:

Esmeralda, is your avatar you? I don't know about washing away white guilt, but I could wash you in white protein, honey. You would look like you were swimming in vanilla pudding when I was done with you!

Forum List

Back