Wash and Wear/Wear and Wash Poll

Do you wash then wear, or wear then wash?

• I never wash new items

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I wash all new items

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • I wash only undergarments

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Why wash them? All people in dressing rooms are clean!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Abbey Normal

Jul 9, 2005
Mid-Atlantic region
I recently bought some sleepwear, and as is my custom, washed it before I wore it. I wondered if I am unusual for doing this, or is it common?

If you buy clothes that are on the hanger, folded, or otherwise unpackaged, do you wash them before wearing, or do you just throw them on? Do you think about all the people who may have tried on those jeans or pj's before you took them home? Skin diseases, body odor, etc.

Or does it not concern you?

I wash *everything* before I wear it..thus the reason I'm constantly doing aundry, I guess.

Abbey Normal said:
I recently bought some sleepwear, and as is my custom, washed it before I wore it. I wondered if I am unusual for doing this, or is it common?

If you buy clothes that are on the hanger, folded, or otherwise unpackaged, do you wash them before wearing, or do you just throw them on? Do you think about all the people who may have tried on those jeans or pj's before you took them home? Skin diseases, body odor, etc.

Or does it not concern you?
Umm, my mom did this, so I do this, my kids do this...:laugh:

Dan said:
I don't wash before I wear, but I'm a grotty college student. Or at least I was. Now I'm just grotty.

lol "grotty", haven't heard that word in a long time. :teeth:

Wash? Isn't that the same as letting them lay on the floor a few days and then turning them inside-out when you need a change?

We're talking shirts not underwear! :tng:

Mr. P said:
Wash? Isn't that the same as letting them lay on the floor a few days and then turning them inside-out when you need a change?:lalala: :)

I think doing that is safer than wearing clothes tried on by the general public. At least they are my own germs. :D

Forum List

Back