Was Yahweh More Satanic Than Satan?

Snouter

Can You Smell Me
Aug 3, 2013
Or was Yahweh's evil "good" because Yahweh had the authority to do whatever he wanted since he created the flat Earth and the 7 planets that rotate around Earth and the tiny stars that sit there not moving.

There is undeniably an aura of duality about YHWH, but I do not perceive it as "good" or "evil"... more like, Creation and Destruction. YHWH's archetype embodies a strong balance of both... while strongly reflecting the concept of Order over Chaos. And unlike "good" or "evil", which are completely subjective and often incredibly reductive... creation and destruction do exist objectively.

Naturally, this archetype has a profound effect on the Abrahamic religions. The Bible- and the message of God within all Abrahamism- can be wielded with great effect to create or destroy, and impose order over chaos... regardless if the methods used are subjectively perceived as "good" or "evil...

Last edited:
33a20743339b2a6fd205e848ae313768.jpg

What gods are more ancient than Abzu and Tiamat?
Maybe they had gods too

It is interesting to imagine the idea of primordial gods worshipping something even higher. I can see the Sumerian primordials emerging from another universe into the aether (or from the future into the past) and within them, the energy of everything that would eventually become our universe... but with treasured memory of a world left behind, with places and beings far beyond our comprehension.

Or was Yahweh's evil "good" because Yahweh had the authority to do whatever he wanted since he created the flat Earth and the 7 planets that rotate around Earth and the tiny stars that sit there not moving.

Just as humans have grown in wisdom and knowledge about the earth and its universe, so have we grown in our understanding of God. Just as people can perceive the earth as flat, so can they perceive God as bringing about disaster. The earth is round. Disasters happen, and God brings good from them.

What gods are more ancient than Abzu and Tiamat?
Maybe they had gods too

It is interesting to imagine the idea of primordial gods worshipping something even higher. I can see the Sumerian primordials emerging from another universe into the aether (or from the future into the past) and within them, the energy of everything that would eventually become our universe... but with treasured memory of a world left behind, with places and beings far beyond our comprehension.

It was that way with Greek mythology..

Just as humans have grown in wisdom and knowledge about the earth and its universe, so have we grown in our understanding of God. Just as people can perceive the earth as flat, so can they perceive God as bringing about disaster. The earth is round. Disasters happen, and God brings good from them.
Even if it results in your death?

Even if it results in your death?

Even when it results in the death of loved ones--and that, I believe, is much harder than my own death.

My point is that God is good, and brings good from disasters. That differs from the "flat earth" belief that God throws disasters in our path.

Forum List

Back