Was Waterboarding Worth It?

Was Waterboarding Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 68 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 22.7%

• Total voters
I voted no.

The main reason I was glad OBL was killed is because it showed up GWB for the wuss he is. BHO has balls and I thought so when he ran - and he is much more presidential than 99% of the people that apply for the job. So I was glad he did something so obviously in the interests of this country, since that's the job description. And he showed up GWB too, which is good in my book.

But OBL was not a particular threat, he was a hack, and torturing people in order to kill this dangerous hack who got lucky once (but struck out most of the time) does more damage to us than anything else.

Did he 'deserve to die'? As much as anyone maybe but I don't know that anyone ever 'deserves to die' ... though it's safe to say we're safer without him.
LMAO!

Yeah, too bad for Obama, this will not erase his absolute destruction of this country financially.

Christ, he's about to watch his third large voting bloc of high school and college students graduate next month, and there are no jobs.......By election time, he'll have seen his fourth huge voting bloc graduate, and there will be no jobs...Four huge voting blocs will have graduated under his watch, and not one of them saw jobs.....You think they're going to support his inept ass, just because Bin Laden got pinged on his watch?

Bush was a wuss?........His policies kept your ass safe after 9/11. And it's his policies for the most part who got Bin Laden.

Face it, Bush, Obama, SEALS, and the CIA got Bin Laden.

yeah, I agree actually it was all of them working together. But Bush was a fucking menace to this country and we're living in the shit he created.

Look at ANY economic downturn of any real size and it takes years to get out of, so what the hell were you expecting when Obama came in?

Here's what happened to jobless claims (Bush is red, Obama is blue). Anything above zero is jobs created.:

benen_chart.jpg

uhm honey. you do realize that chart was created by liberal spin doctors to paint a pretty picture. but what it really says is unemployment has continued to increase since obama became president. the rate has slowed bot more jobs have still been lost

I voted no.

The main reason I was glad OBL was killed is because it showed up GWB for the wuss he is. BHO has balls and I thought so when he ran - and he is much more presidential than 99% of the people that apply for the job. So I was glad he did something so obviously in the interests of this country, since that's the job description. And he showed up GWB too, which is good in my book.

But OBL was not a particular threat, he was a hack, and torturing people in order to kill this dangerous hack who got lucky once (but struck out most of the time) does more damage to us than anything else.

Did he 'deserve to die'? As much as anyone maybe but I don't know that anyone ever 'deserves to die' ... though it's safe to say we're safer without him.

:popcorn:

Hey if you think Obama destroyed this country then you're a partisan dipshit too.
Obama took hold of a mess, and turned it into a damn garbage dump. One abject failure at a time.

Stimulus....fail
Cash for clunkers.....fail
Home mortgage relief.....fail
And on
And on
And on
And on
And on
And on
And on
And on

LMAO!

Yeah, too bad for Obama, this will not erase his absolute destruction of this country financially.

Christ, he's about to watch his third large voting bloc of high school and college students graduate next month, and there are no jobs.......By election time, he'll have seen his fourth huge voting bloc graduate, and there will be no jobs...Four huge voting blocs will have graduated under his watch, and not one of them saw jobs.....You think they're going to support his inept ass, just because Bin Laden got pinged on his watch?

Bush was a wuss?........His policies kept your ass safe after 9/11. And it's his policies for the most part who got Bin Laden.

yeah, I agree actually it was all of them working together. But Bush was a fucking menace to this country and we're living in the shit he created.

Look at ANY economic downturn of any real size and it takes years to get out of, so what the hell were you expecting when Obama came in?

Here's what happened to jobless claims (Bush is red, Obama is blue). Anything above zero is jobs created.:

benen_chart.jpg

uhm honey. you do realize that chart was created by liberal spin doctors to paint a pretty picture. but what it really says is unemployment has continued to increase since obama became president. the rate has slowed bot more jobs have still been lost
In fact, and this is buried right now for obvious reasons. Unemployment claims just jumped at the highest rate in 9 months.

Obama had better Channel Houdini, and seek advice on how to pull a friggin' rabbit out of his ass.

Last edited:

benen_chart.jpg

In fact, and this is buried right now for obvious reasons. Unemployment claims just jumped at the highest rate in 9 months.

Obama had better Channel Houdini, and seek advice on how to pull a friggin' rabbit out of his ass.

actually that story showed up on yahoo news for about 15 minutes today and then disappeared.

LMAO!

benen_chart.jpg

The data wasn't 'created by liberal spin doctors' but ya the graph was - The data says that jobs are being created, not as fast as they are needed but one HELL of a lot faster than they were under Bush, and that this turnaround started when Obama came into office.

Everyone seems to have ignored the point that every large economic downturn in history has taken YEARS to recover from.

WHAT DID YOU EXPECT? I am guessing you didn't vote for Obama, so you are just trying to score points - against who it isn't clear.

The economic spiral was global this time, too. You know what, it takes time. Sorry to be the one to break it to you.

benen_chart.jpg

The data wasn't 'created by liberal spin doctors' but ya the graph was - The data says that jobs are being created, not as fast as they are needed but one HELL of a lot faster than they were under Bush, and that this turnaround started when Obama came into office.

Everyone seems to have ignored the point that every large economic downturn in history has taken YEARS to recover from.

WHAT DID YOU EXPECT? I am guessing you didn't vote for Obama, so you are just trying to score points - against who it isn't clear.

The economic spiral was global this time, too. You know what, it takes time. Sorry to be the one to break it to you.

hey, you know you're cute when you're mad

what the data says is jobs are being lost at a slower rate. that's the point you are missing. the total numbers continue to get higher. and they just took a big hit again

but here is the real picture. straight from the gov't site

Where can I find the unemployment rate for previous years?

I'm also about thirty years older than you, junior.

I understand that the jobs picture is grim. I understand also that the candidate who believed that 'the fundamentals of our economy are strong' in August 2008 did not win, THANK GOD. Else it would have continued to be denial from the white house and the graph would have kept on going further down into the red.

I understand that the jobs picture is grim. I understand also that the candidate who believed that 'the fundamentals of our economy are strong' in August 2008 did not win, THANK GOD. Else it would have continued to be denial from the white house and the graph would have kept on going further down into the red.

Hey grandma, what does all this have to do with the subject of THIS thread?

how old am I ?

i think we would have done no worse. the stimulus package did nothing to improve the economy but put us deeper in debt. loaning money to failing banks didn't stop foreclosures, and nothing has really been done on the jobs creation front

Sorry Brain, I do need remindeing from time to time.

I voted no.

I voted no.

I can only imagine your anger towards Obama right now. Do you think he should be impeached for using intel obtained using waterboarding to kill OBL?

Oh it was worth it; they have Osama Bin Laden currantly strapped onto a waterboard. Don't believe for a moment that they simply dumped him in the ocean. They need more information! And what better a source than Bin Laden himself?

Oh it was worth it; they have Osama Bin Laden currantly strapped onto a waterboard. Don't believe for a moment that they simply dumped him in the ocean. They need more information! And what better a source than Bin Laden himself?

I hadn't thought of that. That's certainly a possibility. That would explain why there are no photos.

I hadn't thought of that. That's certainly a possibility. That would explain why there are no photos.

something more is going on than we've been told

No shit, it's not like it hasn't been addressed.:lol: People are slowly coming around.

I voted no.

I can only imagine your anger towards Obama right now. Do you think he should be impeached for using intel obtained using waterboarding to kill OBL?

Yeah, I'd support impeaching him IF I didn't think impeachment is a stupid process, for any president (Bush included).

Forum List

Back