was waitress racist?

Was this racism?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
I have been having a difficult time with this one:

My gf is brown, and I am a white man. We were at a restaurant paying our bill. We split the cost of the meal but had different drinks. My drink was $2 more than hers. After giving our credits cards, we received our respective receipts, but we noticed that a mistake was made: my gf was charged with my more expensive drink, while I had her cheaper one on my bill.

After, my gf claimed that no one could mess such a simple thing up and that this was an act of racism, which she also described as a feeling she had about the white waitress and her tone. I didn't recognize this tone, but I can be aloof.

I said to my gf that it could also just have been an honest mistake, or perhaps there could be another reason for the mistake that is uncertain to us.

She became extremely upset by my insensitivity and yelled at me for two days. I am being as honest as I can with her; I didn't know if we could know that it was racism, but I now have accepted her feelings and instinct as the closest thing I have to the truth because she has felt subtle forms of racism like this in the past.

She ridiculed me for not immediately accepting her intuition as truth.

Any thoughts on this situation?

Thank you,
John

I think you need a new girlfriend.

Someone who is thin-skinned grievance seeker will make your life miserable.

My gf is brown, and I am a white man. We were at a restaurant paying our bill. We split the cost of the meal but had different drinks. My drink was $2 more than hers. After giving our credits cards, we received our respective receipts, but we noticed that a mistake was made: my gf was charged with my more expensive drink, while I had her cheaper one on my bill.

After, my gf claimed that no one could mess such a simple thing up and that this was an act of racism, which she also described as a feeling she had about the white waitress and her tone. I didn't recognize this tone, but I can be aloof.

I said to my gf that it could also just have been an honest mistake, or perhaps there could be another reason for the mistake that is uncertain to us.

She became extremely upset by my insensitivity and yelled at me for two days. I am being as honest as I can with her; I didn't know if we could know that it was racism, but I now have accepted her feelings and instinct as the closest thing I have to the truth because she has felt subtle forms of racism like this in the past.

Thank you,
John

My thoughts are why do so many automatically assume racism when the other person happens to be white and they happen to be brown?
You sound like an idiot. Its the most logical thing to assume.

Only to a black who wants an excuse.

I've had black waiter/waitresses make mistakes on my bill. Should I assume it was racism? According to you, that's logical. An answer of no to my question means you believe only whites can be racist.
An excuse for what?

Black people dont have a history of being racist towards whites so I dont care what you assume. I'm talking about a Black person on the receiving end of racism idiot. Whites have a history of being racist and practicing racism.

BULLSHIT! Assuming/charging everything is about race IS RACISM.

Thank you,
John

My thoughts are why do so many automatically assume racism when the other person happens to be white and they happen to be brown?

I've had black waiter/waitresses make mistakes on my bill. Should I assume it was racism? According to you, that's logical. An answer of no to my question means you believe only whites can be racist.
An excuse for what?

Black people dont have a history of being racist towards whites so I dont care what you assume. I'm talking about a Black person on the receiving end of racism idiot. Whites have a history of being racist and practicing racism.

The dictionary is your friend. Use it wisely. Claiming someone is racist isnt racism fool.

An excuse for what?

The dictionary is your friend. Use it wisely. Claiming someone is racist isnt racism fool.

When the claim has no basis and lacks proof it is boy.

An excuse for what?

I think it's more of playing the race card.

An excuse for what?

I think it's more of playing the race card.

That's all he has.

An excuse for what?

Not even then stupid.

An excuse for what?

Not even then stupid.

Only to racist like you.

Waitresses or flight attendants are usually not people with college degrees and I think it was just an honest mistake. Perhaps you should have paid for her bill, which may be why she's upset about the extra charge, and women do not expect to pay for anything when they dine out on a date.

An excuse for what?

Not even then stupid.

Only to racist like you.
Cant be to me. I just disagreed with your stupid claim that saying someone is racist means you are practicing racism you idiot.

Not even then stupid.

Only to racist like you.
Cant be to me. I just disagreed with your stupid claim that saying someone is racist means you are practicing racism you idiot.

Your disagreement matters not racist.

I don't practice racism. Calling you what you are isn't racism.

Thank you,
John

An excuse for what?

"Black people dont have a history of being racist towards whites"

Bullshit.

Not even then stupid.

Only to racist like you.
Your disagreement means nothing boy.

Not even then stupid.

Only to racist like you.

Your disagreement matters not racist.

I don't practice racism. Calling you what you are isn't racism.
I think you confused yourself like monkeys typically do. I wasnt talking about your practice of being a racist. I was explaining to you in simple terms that claiming someone is racist doesn't mean you are practicing racism. Only a retarded monkey such as yourself thinks thats a logical conclusion. Next time dont try to make it about you cave monkey.

Not even then stupid.

Only to racist like you.
Your disagreement means nothing boy.
My disagreement means you are a confused monkey. Everyone knows that.

Forum List

Back