Was This Reporter's Act Ethical?

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
VDARE.com: 01/31/09 - Saturday Forum: The Oregonian’s Betsy Hammond Tries To Get A VDARE.COM Reader Fired For Challenging Her Enthusiasm For “Diversity”

Tried to get reader who criticized her story fired from his job.

Oregonian reporter Hammond's letter to Garland’s employer:

“I am a newspaper reporter in Portland, Oregon, and I received an email today from an employee of your firm.

“I would be surprised if a business such as yours could thrive in DeKalb County if the corporate image you project is that your employees wish they could flee to, quoting him, a ‘GREAT WHITE’ area to avoid diversity.

“Is this how you like your firm represented to the media?”

Last edited:
VDARE.com: 01/31/09 - Saturday Forum: The Oregonian’s Betsy Hammond Tries To Get A VDARE.COM Reader Fired For Challenging Her Enthusiasm For “Diversity”

“I am a newspaper reporter in Portland, Oregon, and I received an email today from an employee of your firm.

“I would be surprised if a business such as yours could thrive in DeKalb County if the corporate image you project is that your employees wish they could flee to, quoting him, a ‘GREAT WHITE’ area to avoid diversity.

what kind of asshat sends personal opinion via company email?

epicfail.jpg

I'm having a hard time following the story but I think it wouldn't be ethical of a reporter to try to have someone fired for expressing their opinion.

But the guy is lucky his company agrees with his opinions.

I'm having a hard time following the story but I think it wouldn't be ethical of a reporter to try to have someone fired for expressing their opinion.

i'd have fired him for being stupid whether or not i agreed with him.

In short...Liberal hypocrisy personified

Catch 22's are not hypocrisy, it's the same logic used by anti-abortionists, anti-smokers, anti-well-everything.

and he would own your company.......but then again i doubt there would actually be one.....

and he would own your company.......but then again i doubt there would actually be one.....
no he wouldnt
he could be fired for misuse of company property
and if you dont think so
ask your boss

I'd sack the journalist. Don't need no thin-skinned wusses in that job. Don't care if the journo is a lib or a wingnut, obviously thin-skinned and not meant for the job.

yeah, sure he would, because unauthorized use of company time, equipment etc for personal use would never hold up as a fireable offense, right?

dope.

I remember saying once, while i was at work, that I'd love to live in the mountains of Idaho. And one particularly snobby Bostonian type said, "yeah, Idaho is great if you don't like diversity."

to which I replied, "You can have the diversity, I'll take the low crime rate."

Not that I really care, but one has to wonder if NBC's anchordude harpooned the pres.. Seems like no matter how the Pres answered the question about a magazine cover that pictured the first family and Jess Simpson (curvey buns), that he would have to explain himself again... This is nonsense.

Then, again, some limey asshole decides to pee on Mike Phelps parade too by taking a pix of a young guy partying. He was wrong to gong the bong, but, he is young, full of vigor, and expected to screw up, a bit...No matter if he has webbed toes. Leave him alone too!!

Last edited:
Did anyone here actually read what he wrote. Just out of Idle curiosity.

Who cares what he wrote, he sent it to her as an opinion piece. She had no business trying to get him fired.

Ohh and last I checked it is NOT illegal to want to live in a "white" area. I get so damn irritated with how it is simply fine for blacks, Hispanics, orientals and other minorities to DEMAND separate facilities, separate living arrangements, separate social studies in College. They even have their own shows and whole networks, but let some uppity white guy opinion be he wants to be JUST as racists as these minorities and suddenly it is BAD.

Forum List

Back