Was there an ultimate beginning?

Do you think that there was ever a time when nothing existed?

• Yes, the total history of existence is finite.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sep 28, 2007
Louisiana
The "I don't know" option was deliberately omitted. If you had to guess one of the options, which one would it be?

Note that I am not just talking about our neck of the woods. I'm talking about everything that ever existed, in any "dimension."

My intuition leads me to believe in an infinite regression of causes. Each event has a prior cause; each thing that was created was created by forces/things/events that precedeed it, and if something exists without having been created then it must have always existed.

Personally, I think that the second option, in which God is said to have always existed, is essentially a special case of the third option, but I included it seperately because so many people have that specific belief.

What do you think?

I am a firm believer of the Big Bang Theory and that is how our Universe started. What happened before then is the question, what caused the explosion and how did the components that cause the explosion get there in first place?

They say the new Particle Acclerator that was recently built will help answer these questions. I believe String Theory is the leading theory for alternate dimensions also

You know, a few years back, I would have probably voted for the 3rd option, but, with some of the things that I've learned since then.....I'm gonna have to go with number 2.

It's referred to in Jewish theology by the way, but you'd have to ask a Rabbi about it. In the beginning there was God and chaos. God spread Himself out over the waters that He'd gathered, and from there land was created, and the rest of it.

Nope.....there was a time when God was the only thing that existed.

There is only one truth in the Universe:

158125330_cbadae8fc1.jpg

I am a firm believer of the Big Bang Theory and that is how our Universe started. What happened before then is the question, what caused the explosion and how did the components that cause the explosion get there in first place?

There is a theory that there has been one big bang after another. The universe expands after the big bang and then slowly contracts down to a singular point and then it explodes again.

They say the new Particle Acclerator that was recently built will help answer these questions. I believe String Theory is the leading theory for alternate dimensions also

lol@string theory....now explain fractal geometry.,,, no matter how i try...i just cant wrap my head around it.

New Topics

Forum List

Back