Was the impreachment of President Clinton just?

was it just?

• yup

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • no

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If you lie under oath no matter what its about its considered an obstruction of justice or hindering an investigation if it is pretrial, both are crimes.

Was national security at stake? Should Clinton have been impeached for not disclosing his sexual escapades to the public? Would you disclose your extra-marital sexual excapades (hypothetical of course) to the public?

And you know what I meant. What JUSTICE was obstructed?

And would you have advocated impeaching President Kennedy for the same thing? Or President FDR if he lied about being crippled? Do you advocate impeaching President Bush since he lied about the reasons for going to war with Iraq?

What "justice" was obstructed by Clinton's perjury? :wtf:

Trying to throw the prosecutor off was obstruction. Again, you wish to make it all about 'sex', it wasn't. Look at what actions he took, perhaps thought he was 'forced' to take because of the inquiry. It's the reason it's against the law.

Was national security at stake? Should Clinton have been impeached for not disclosing his sexual escapades to the public? Would you disclose your extra-marital sexual excapades (hypothetical of course) to the public?

And you know what I meant. What JUSTICE was obstructed?

And would you have advocated impeaching President Kennedy for the same thing? Or President FDR if he lied about being crippled? Do you advocate impeaching President Bush since he lied about the reasons for going to war with Iraq?

Extra marital affairs are assumed to hurt the marriage. They hurt more, they hurt the family. In the case of WJC, they hurt the country, his lying, more than the affair.

I see the phonies are still making posts towards me. So, when are you phonies going to give us that believable post about how you never lied in your life?

Are you going to post it today? tommorrow? Come on we all want to see it. We really do. The world is watching for this one and so is God. The devil is to busy making room for your souls.

Never, under oath. I never cheated in school, not once. A nun told me in 1st grade that cheating was stealing. I've never stolen either.

He was in a Grand Jury, it doesn't matter if he was president or not. I am very much against using a Grand Jury to get back at someone. I do not like the idea of punishing someone for lying about a non crime.

The way the Grand Jury works is like this, if you are asked about what you had for breakfast and you answered Cherrios, but a video camera proved that you actually had Wheaties, you can get convicted for lying even though it's not a crime to eat Cherrios or Wheaties for that matter.

I knew someone whom got hauled into a Grand Jury. She said she had sex with someone and the Grand Jury didn't believe her. Whether she had sex or she didn't, it doesn't matter because having sex or not isn't a crime. She got nine years just for that stupid lie. This hit close to home. The reason she was even in the Grand Jury was because a police chief wanted to get back at her.

The Grand Jury can be used and abused like anything else. I see it being abused when you incarcerate someone over lying about a non crime.

Use the Grand Jury to investigate a crime, but don't use it as retaliation and I find the case of that someone I knew and Clinton to be identical. The Grand Jury was just being abused for retalitation and nothing more.

I'm still waiting for the phonies to post their holier than thou account on how they never lied in their life.

How do you feel about Libby and Grand Jury? Especially now that Armitage has spoken up, finally? Would you like to see GW in grand jury re WMD's?

I'm curious, If Ken Lay was getting blow jobs from a subordinate at Enron and you were a share holder at Enron, what would the chances be that you would allow him to remain in charge. Clinton, with his childish behavior allowed the Presidency to be subject to the wrath of any snake lawyer that wanted to represent Monica in a sexual harrassment suit. Bill could have been sued and I would imagine a lawsuit would have been attempted against his employer..... guess who that is.

I am always amazed at the apologist for that rapist, sexual preditor that was in the oval office for 8 years. It has nothing to do with religious beliefs as far as I am concerned. It has more to do with someone in a position of high power acting in a mature, disciplined way. Clinton wasn't the captain of his high school football team, he was the President of The United States. As President he is in a position of leadership, a roll model and owes it to the people he serves to conduct himself in a way that is better than a lowlife from the sticks. Many people were watching including a generation of kids that now have even less respect for women because of his actions. He may have an alternative relationship with his wife, she allows the women he is with if he allows the women she is with, but that still doesn't allow for him getting it where he get's his paycheck(working rules 101). Clinton had the maturity level and common sense of a high school freshman while in office abd should have been thrown out on his ass. Like every Democrat loser President he raised taxes and cut the military to the bone including the closing of many bases so he could pretend to lower ournational debt and supposedly create a surplus. Anyone that has any brains and pays the least bit of attention knows that was a load of crap and President Bush was saddled with a dead economy and a dangerously inadequate military. The towel wrappers saw this and felt it would be a good time to attack.

This is the cycle the American public gets fooled into everytime.... Democrats screw up the economy, weaken the country's defense and then the Republican comes in to turn everything around with recovered economy and military. This is one cycle we need to stop now! I'll be in line to vote and I would suggest we all do that to keep that suck faced Nancy away from the chain of command.

Forum List

Back