Was the impreachment of President Clinton just?

was it just?

• yup

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • no

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nah, it wasn't just....
Lying under oath, and on national TV to all the American people(I did not have sex with THAT WOMAN). Heck I don't see anything wrong with that.....

So my vote is Clinton got robbed.....

And yes, my nose is growing longer as I sit here and type this, in fact I'm using it to type this post.....

:rotflmao:

He broke the law and tried to obstruct justice.

Maybe the reason why the "Bush lied" accusation from the Democrats never really took hold was the fact that they spent the former 8 years excusing Clintons lies that no one could take such hypocrisy seriously. Especially since they still have no evidence.

The impeachment of President Clinton was absolutely just. It should have been cheaper, but was warranted. The man had an illegal sexual affair with a person under his chain-of-command. He then lied about it under oath. He should have been impeached for trying to convince me that a blow job isn't sex. A Rhodes scholar doesn't know the meaning of the word "is"? Give me a break.

The only way they could get Clinton was to entrap him into a Grand Jury.

Here in America it's not a crime to lie. Clinton can lie all he wants about not having sex with that girl and still be blemish free of any criminal wrong doing. But if one is dragged into a Grand Jury, then the picture changes.

Being in a Grand Jury is weird because even if you lied about a non crime you can get in trouble and this is what they wanted to entrap Clinton with.

It gets even more bizzarre when you think of those that go into a rampage over a lie about a non crime and say nothing of being lied into a war which so far has killed our soldiers.

The only way they could get Clinton was to entrap him into a Grand Jury.

Here in America it's not a crime to lie. Clinton can lie all he wants about not having sex with that girl and still be blemish free of any criminal wrong doing. But if one is dragged into a Grand Jury, then the picture changes.

Being in a Grand Jury is weird because even if you lied about a non crime you can get in trouble and this is what they wanted to entrap Clinton with.

It gets even more bizzarre when you think of those that go into a rampage over a lie about a non crime and say nothing of being lied into a war which so far has killed our soldiers.

Lying under oath is called perjury. It is a crime. So is obstruction of justice. As for your problem with grand jury. You feel the same about Scooter Libby?

Not to mention Sandy Burgler who stole classified documnets to cover up Clinton blunders, while working for Kerry.

Lying under oath is called perjury. It is a crime. So is obstruction of justice. As for your problem with grand jury. You feel the same about Scooter Libby?

It appears you are confusing two different things. Lying about a non crime is one thing an example of this would be to say I didn't have sex with that girl. Having sex is not a crime and lying about it is not a crime, unless I'm in a Grand Jury.

On the other hand if one lies to cover up a crime, that is another matter and more serious. In the case of Libby, the investigators were looking for the leaker of Plame's identity. Leaking her identity is a crime under current statues.

Libby tried to convince the Jury that he learned the identity from reporters. Reporters on the other hand tried to convince the Jury they learned the identity from Libby. Both cannot be true.

Leaking an agents identity is a crime, having sex is not a crime.

It appears you are confusing two different things. Lying about a non crime is one thing an example of this would be to say I didn't have sex with that girl. Having sex is not a crime and lying about it is not a crime, unless I'm in a Grand Jury.

On the other hand if one lies to cover up a crime, that is another matter and more serious. In the case of Libby, the investigators were looking for the leaker of Plame's identity. Leaking her identity is a crime under current statues.

Libby tried to convince the Jury that he learned the identity from reporters. Reporters on the other hand tried to convince the Jury they learned the identity from Libby. Both cannot be true.

Last time I checked when you put your hand on the Bible and swear to tell the truth, it does not exclude sex.

linton lied under oath and that is a crime. It does not matter what he lied about.

It's not I that is confused. Libby did not leak Plame. It's now fact that Richard Armitage did that. So, should Libby be let go?

In any case, your agenda is crystal.

Seems to me the one confused here is YOU. Obviously, you are willing to play the Clinton "my definition of sex is ...." card rather than be honest. The only person who entrapped Bill Clinton was Bill Clinton and his lies. No crime/suspected crime, no investigation, no Grand Jury to lie to, right?

This of course is completely irrelevant to your attempted deflection and dishonest comparison of one crime vs another. If ANYONE is responsible for putting Plame's name out front it was her self-agrandizing political hack husband who was more concerned with taking shots at Bush and making himself look like some big player than he was keeping his wife's identity so-called secret. Like no one would EVER know what she did for a living driving to and from CIA Headquarters every day.

You going to try and drag the left-handed version of WMDs into the debate too?

As far as Trailerpark Bill is concerned, he should have been prosecuted for adultery under whatever archaic local law is most likely still on the books and been done with instead of derailing an investigation into his wife's role in the Whitewater land scam.

Actually, lying about having sex is a crime when under oath. Clinton was sworn in over his little secure teleconference. The only way that it wasn't illegal is by not defining oral sex as sex. This of course doesn't work.

By the way, the subject of this thread isn't whether or not Bush Administration staffers have broken the law. The subject is whether or not President Clinton's impeachment was warranted. Bringing up GOP mistakes doesn't trump the fact that President Clinton screwed up. Stay on point.

There are so many issues that emerged with the Clinton scandal...but yes, most simply, the President lied under oath. That is a crime and he should be impeached.

Was it a big lie? Perhaps not. I have always said that I would have applauded Clinton had he pointed into that camera and said "My personal life is just that, personal. It is the private business of myself, my wife, and perhaps, my daughter, and that is all. While I respect the nation's right to know their President, I also know that the American people will respect that while I am serving them as President...matters that are personal to me and my wife and not relevant to the Presidency should stay private."

He would have taken the voyeuristing media out at the knees and might have put a stop to this culture of prying that we know find ourselves in.

Forum List

Back